Rippon: "I am America's sweetheart!" | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rippon: "I am America's sweetheart!"

musicfan80

Medalist
Adam has had a fantastic Olympics. I do wish he'd check his impulse to say everything that comes into his head the second it comes into his head. He needs to tone it down a bit.

I do wonder if Adam is going to run into a "foot in mouth" situation and what that blowback would be. The "outrage culture" I see sometimes in American culture can be VERY unforgiving.

I don’t understand this. It’s like telling Nathan Chen to be a bit more outgoing

One of the biggest things I've been :scratch2: about during NBC's coverage of these Olympics is that given how much they hyped Nathan, they had the MOST BORING fluff pieces about him possible. And he probably is a neat guy in person.

It was puzzling. They've shown how cool Chloe Kim and Mikaela Shiffrin are as people - as well as Shaun White of course. They couldn't do that with Nathan? Especially when they were talking about him winning an OGM.

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
I do wonder if Adam is going to run into a "foot in mouth" situation and what that blowback would be. The "outrage culture" I see sometimes in American culture can be unforgiving.

One of the biggest things I've been :scratch2: about during NBC's coverage of these Olympics is that given how much they hyped Nathan, they had the MOST BORING fluff pieces about him possible. And he probably is a neat guy in person.

It was puzzling. They've shown how cool Chloe Kim and Mikaela Shiffrin are as people - as well as Shaun White of course. They couldn't do that with Nathan? Especially when they were talking about him winning an OGM.

Nathan just seems awkward and introverted to me. Nothing wrong with that but people are people

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm wondering what assignments Adam will get over the next week or so from NBC. His social media has blown up - I now see over 100K likes on his IG. Before the Olympics he was getting a few thousand.

I'm happy for the exposure he's getting and taking advantage of the opportunities in front of him. We'll see how sustainable it is post Olympics.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Do you have a video?

Maybe it is the way he acts, and this is not a critic to him, but some people just like to live a quiet life, and that´s fine, see Shawn Johnson, Nastia was a more serious less outgoing person and people choose Shawn as the sweetheart...

Even now Johny Weir is more popular than Evan Lysacek... and I´m sure Evan is happy (hope so) with his life

mintx

On the Ice
I'm wondering what assignments Adam will get over the next week or so from NBC. His social media has blown up - I now see over 100K likes on his IG. Before the Olympics he was getting a few thousand.

I'm happy for the exposure he's getting and taking advantage of the opportunities in front of him. We'll see how sustainable it is post Olympics.

Adam turned down NBC. So no assignments from them.

Proxy

On the Ice
Really liking this page of posts I'm reading. You guys are doing a good job with some of this perspective. :thumbsup: