Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization | Golden Skate

Roman Kostomarov recovering after hospitalization

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, poor chap! "Treated with ice-hole therapy"...?! I hope he pulls through.
I keep wondering if this is some sort of cryo therapy used to slow body functions.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Oh, poor chap! "Treated with ice-hole therapy"...?! I hope he pulls through.
I keep wondering if this is some sort of cryo therapy used to slow body functions.
They meant swimming in ice holes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_swimming#Eastern_Europe_and_Russia

There is no confirmation of this information from a reliable source. His relatives almost immediately denied that he did it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
lung deseases are terrible as are all bad conditions but I have two chronic ones and not being able to breath is frightening enough without the terror of being put on a ventilator......knowing if they put you out, you may never wake up. Being 45 in great physical condition is no gurarantee of life..... :pray: :pray: :pray: Have good thoughts

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Update: ECMO is still very serious business

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Update: ECMO is still very serious business

ECMO is an indication of the critical nature of the condition, but it's also his best chance. Fingers crossed.

ntnext

Rinkside
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1114877456-romanu-kostomarovu-amputirovali-obe-stopy-tass.html
The 2006 Olympic champion in ice dancing Roman Kostomarov had both feet amputated, TASS reports.

Kostomarov has been in intensive care since January 10 due to pneumonia.

The ex-skater was connected to an ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) machine for more than five days, which caused damage to small vessels and tissue necrosis.

β€œUnfortunately, both feet had to be amputated. Roman in mind. The general condition is improving. But he continues to be in intensive care under the close supervision of doctors, ”a source from the agency said.

Amei

Record Breaker
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1114877456-romanu-kostomarovu-amputirovali-obe-stopy-tass.html
The 2006 Olympic champion in ice dancing Roman Kostomarov had both feet amputated, TASS reports.

Kostomarov has been in intensive care since January 10 due to pneumonia.

The ex-skater was connected to an ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) machine for more than five days, which caused damage to small vessels and tissue necrosis.

β€œUnfortunately, both feet had to be amputated. Roman in mind. The general condition is improving. But he continues to be in intensive care under the close supervision of doctors, ”a source from the agency said.

I know TASS is a credible news source but Kostomarov's mother said she was unaware, so hopefully this is some bad information that he has had this happen.
Article

Amei

Record Breaker
Yes, Tass said that both feet, Ria News that only one foot. Roman's mother said that she knows nothing.
The truth is somethere in between.

I would hope, in any case but especially in this situation, that the person's mother would know this information before the press. Otherwise what an awful way to find out your child (regardless of age) has had this kind of life altering injury/surgery.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
They write Oksana says only Roman will tell everything, when he gets better, if he sees fit to tell those things. And in the same articles journalists continue telling what they were telling.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so horribly sad, if true.:cry: Prayers for healing.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Navka posted this on instagram today.

The English translation there said:
I know that you are strong, brave, persistent, daring, almighty, with a real sports and fighter character! You never give up! πŸ’ͺ🏻

And no matter what happens, you will find your meaning in life and your path πŸ’― Live the most important thing πŸ™πŸ»

You have no idea how many people are praying for you right now! Fans sending words of love, faith and support πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ. Stay strong, get strong and show the world you can do so much!!!