Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects

alithia

Final Flight
No it's not but you'd wish it were I guess...

Get over it people, and media too.It's not that when Nikita isn't doing well he can snap his fingers

meteorlight8

Rinkside
That remind me last year.:laugh: We need a reporter to ask ''so rumours are true Elena?''. If she answers like ''we want to concentrate our performance'' we will know it is true.:laugh: Good for media, a lot of buzz, a lot of drama.:laugh: I didn't believe one second but rumour is rumour. I also didn't believe I&K's split at first too. So can this be true? :laugh: More drama, more fun:laugh:

To be fair, at the time she was asked about the rumor of the I/K split, Elena herself couldn't be sure whether it was true or not ... it wasn't really up to her to confirm/deny that one. She strikes me as a smart girl - after all the progress I/Z have made in just one season - there's no way she'd ditch that momentum and go back to her former talented-but-highly-inconsistent partner (who's dumped her twice already).

peg

Medalist
Whoever started that rumor must think figure skating fans are a bunch of idiots. Elena did just as well on the GP circuit with Ruslan as she ever did with Nikita. Then she and Ruslan won Russian nationals - something she never accomplishes with Nikita. And now it looks like she will do as well with Ruslan as she has done with Nikita at EC. And that's just in the first year of their partnership. PLus, she seems much more relaxed and has a partner who doesn't blame her anytime he makes a mistake. No logical person would ever think she'd want to go back to Nikita.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Whoever started that rumor must think figure skating fans are a bunch of idiots. Elena did just as well on the GP circuit with Ruslan as she ever did with Nikita. Then she and Ruslan won Russian nationals - something she never accomplishes with Nikita. And now it looks like she will do as well with Ruslan as she has done with Nikita at EC. And that's just in the first year of their partnership. PLus, she seems much more relaxed and has a partner who doesn't blame her anytime he makes a mistake. No logical person would ever think she'd want to go back to Nikita.
I think they are mean people who might want to distract I/Z from Europe, because the timing of the article is very suspicious.

sses1

On the Ice
This whole split thing is going to follow them for the rest of their career. These rumors will probably always be there along with all the nostalgic talk about what I/K could have been. Poor Ruslan. He'll forever be paranoid and I'm not saying Elena would ever leave him, but when these rumors come up even he must second guess himself.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This whole split thing is going to follow them for the rest of their career. These rumors will probably always be there along with all the nostalgic talk about what I/K could have been. Poor Ruslan. He'll forever be paranoid and I'm not saying Elena would ever leave him, but when these rumors come up even he must second guess himself.

He actually seems okay to me....

As for the rest, I was a big I/K fan but I've let it go, and I think as time passes more and more people will let it go. I do think they were something very special, just like I think me and my high school boyfriend were something very special, but he's not the person I'm with now thank goodness, and I feel the same about these two. As to what they could have been, I don't care, and I think as time passes and I/Z and S/K (maybe) attain successes in their own right (which I/Z are already doing) people will naturally and necessarily focus on that instead, since really, in the end, you can't imagine something having turned out another way from how it really did.

As the the rumors continuing after this season, I really don't see it, especially as, if they stay healthy, given another year or so I/Z are going to have 2 euro medals and a worlds medal, mark my words.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Watching the great fiasco of Monko/Khaliavin in Stockholm SD, I think that Sinitsina/Katsalapov will be sent to the World instead of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Watching the great fiasco of Monko/Khaliavin, I think that Sinitsina/Katsalapov will be sent to the World instead of them.

It's quite possible, I think, especially if Monko/Khaliavin don't manage to pull up considerably in the FD.

Rashela

On the Ice
Not really since S/K don't have the minimum TECH score for Worlds and there are still Bobrova/Soloviev.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Not really since S/K don't have the minimum TECH score for Worlds and there are still Bobrova/Soloviev.

You're right. But what if M/K bombs the free and B/S can't compete because of injuries? Will they still send M/K no matter what?

Guru1

Rinkside
I/Z did so great in Euros, they looked like they were on fire :) Especially Ruslan, who has improved A LOT. I think there's no chance they would split up now.
Anyways, I really like S/K FD too, it's a shame they'll change it!

Rashela

On the Ice
Anyway the RUS federation needs to send Bobrova/Soloviev to Worlds as long as they are presentable - if not Russia will probably loose their 3 spots for the next ones. Even if I/Z will skate their best they would be 4th. And the rest would be lucky to make top 10.
However Monko/K can skate clean tonight :biggrin:

elif

Medalist
Be realistic. It is not like Sinitsina/Katsalapov will do better than Monko/Khaliavin's bombed score of 58+. What they need is Bobrova/Soloviev.

uhh

Medalist
You're right. But what if M/K bombs the free and B/S can't compete because of injuries? Will they still send M/K no matter what?

They can't send S/K because they don't have the minimum scores & are not entered to any competition to obtain it before worlds. I don't think there are any other teams competing senior that have it either, so M/K would keep the spot.

tulosai

Record Breaker
They can't send S/K because they don't have the minimum scores & are not entered to any competition to obtain it before worlds. I don't think there are any other teams competing senior that have it either, so M/K would keep the spot.

This. There is no other option at this point.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
What would Russia need to get to keep the three spots? Is there any chance, if S/B and M/K have two good nights each with no one bombing?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Be realistic. It is not like Sinitsina/Katsalapov will do better than Monko/Khaliavin's bombed score of 58+. What they need is Bobrova/Soloviev.

It's true. S/k are not a better bet than m/k. B/S injured skating cautiously is probably next.

tulosai

Record Breaker
What would Russia need to get to keep the three spots? Is there any chance, if S/B and M/K have two good nights each with no one bombing?

Definitely is possible. The combined placement of the top 2 russian teams has to be 13 or less. If I/Z can get 5th one of the other two has to get 8th. It is doable, but not certain.