Skaters on Team Japan | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Thank you YesWay and mikaboo. :)

Best of luck to Yuna, Yura, Taichiro and Yuto with their FS.
~Extra cheers for the boys!

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Congratulations to YunaS and Yura for their gold and bronze medals!
I hope YunaS won't feel too much pressure from now on and continue to do well.
Who would have thought YunaS would be doing better than Wakaba and YunaA before the season started.
Junior Nationals will be interesting! Does anybody know if any of the junior ladies are going senior for domestic competitions?

YunaS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHY5gRXTxU

Yura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqBsAR38sr0

Scores
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgpesp2015/jgpesp2015_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

~Extra cheers for the boys!

:cheer:

inskate

On the Ice
Junior Nationals will be interesting! Does anybody know if any of the junior ladies are going senior for domestic competitions?

Usually top 5 skaters from the Novice Championships get the chance to compete in the Junior Championships, and top 5 from the Junior Championships get to compete at the Senior Championships. (As long as they are not a novice skater - in that case they are replaced by a junior skater who placed below them).

mikaboo

Medalist
Usually top 5 skaters from the Novice Championships get the chance to compete in the Junior Championships, and top 5 from the Junior Championships get to compete at the Senior Championships. (As long as they are not a novice skater - in that case they are replaced by a junior skater who placed below them).

Thank you.
Actually, what I meant was, do you know if any of the junior ladies at JGP will be doing what Mariko Kihara and Miyu Nakashio did last season (they competed at JGP but competed as seniors at domestic and senior B comps)? I thought maybe Yura Matsuda and Rin Nitaya might do that since they are 17yo/18yo and probably want to go senior next season. Maybe Kaori Sakamoto and Mai Mihara want to do that too since they competed as seniors as Asian Open Trophy. It's getting so crowded in both the junior and senior ladies' categories. So many good ladies but not many junior men.

inskate

On the Ice
Thank you.
Actually, what I meant was, do you know if any of the junior ladies at JGP will be doing what Mariko Kihara and Miyu Nakashio did last season (they competed at JGP but competed as seniors at domestic and senior B comps)?

I don't know of any at the moment. I suspect Kaori and Mai might be aiming for the Junior Worlds team, and stick to skating in juniors nationally. Competing as seniors at AT made sense, because the junior spots were taken by the higher ranking Yuna, Marin and Wakaba (until Wakaba withdrew). In the seniors category there weren't any stong competitiors so they could make the podium easily and get some ISU brownies. :) I remember that Miyu's case was a bit unique: she already competed as a senior the season before and only decided to go back to competing as a junior internationally because she qualified for the JGP spots.

mikaboo

Medalist
I don't know of any at the moment. I suspect Kaori and Mai might be aiming for the Junior Worlds team, and stick to skating in juniors nationally. Competing as seniors at AT made sense, because the junior spots were taken by the higher ranking Yuna, Marin and Wakaba (until Wakaba withdrew). In the seniors category there weren't any stong competitiors so they could make the podium easily and get some ISU brownies. :) I remember that Miyu's case was a bit unique: she already competed as a senior the season before and only decided to go back to competing as a junior internationally because she qualified for the JGP spots.

I see. Thanks again.
I guess we won't know until the entry list for the senior ladies at sectionals are released unless JSF publishes something and puts it on their website, impossible to find for me anyways :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
kinda late but congratulations to team japan at Japan Open !!! :cheer: and congratz to Yuna and Yura for their medals :cheer:

and news about Japanese Regionals

tohoku-hokkaido regionals:

haruka imai placed 1st in senior ladies with 154.23 (47.43 SP + 106.80 FS)
chu-shikoku-kyushu regionals:

keiji tanaka placed 1st in senior men’s with 223.30 (68.97 SP + 154.33 FS)
miyu nakashio placed 1st in senior ladies with 152.93 (59.71 SP + 93.22 FS)
hina takeno placed 1st in junior ladies with 167.68 (58.51 SP + 109.17 FS)
koshiro shimada placed 1st in junior men’s with 168.65 (58.41 SP + 110.24 FS)
sena miyake placed 2nd in junior men’s with 164.87 (50.87 SP + 114.00 FS)

looking at the protocols (can find them at tumblr post :) ) koshiro attempted 3A and got << :hopelessness: i hope he wont attempt it this week and skate clean as he did at Bratislava :cheer:

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
I wonder will JSF withdraw Wakaba and place Yura there at Spain instead?
I think it unlikely...

Wakaba can still make the final if she wins in Croatia this week. I think Sakhanovich is probably the only one who can stop her, but she was far from her best form last week, and has little time to recover... whereas Wakaba has had time to regain her form, and is succeeding based on her regional results in Japan.

So I think Wakaba has a good chance to reach the final - and if she does, and her form continues to improve... I think she will have a better chance of getting on the podium there, than Yura.

I am also rooting for Marin to get on the podium in Croatia this week, because then she will reach the Grand Prix Final too. Not that I really want to see Kaori Sakamoto get pushed out (or Alisa Feduchkina for that matter. There just aren't enough places at the JGPF!)

Whatever happens, it looks like there will be at least three Japanese ladies at the Junior Grand Prix Final, although which three is not certain yet. And it could be four if Wakaba wins this week and Marin gets on the podium too...

Last edited:

0smile0

Rinkside
Thank you.
Actually, what I meant was, do you know if any of the junior ladies at JGP will be doing what Mariko Kihara and Miyu Nakashio did last season (they competed at JGP but competed as seniors at domestic and senior B comps)? I thought maybe Yura Matsuda and Rin Nitaya might do that since they are 17yo/18yo and probably want to go senior next season. Maybe Kaori Sakamoto and Mai Mihara want to do that too since they competed as seniors as Asian Open Trophy. It's getting so crowded in both the junior and senior ladies' categories. So many good ladies but not many junior men.

Only Yura will compete as senior domestically.
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2015_Figure/DomCompetitions/2015yosentsuka.pdf

SuzyQ

Medalist

Plumededragon

Medalist
I think it unlikely...

Wakaba can still make the final if she wins in Croatia this week. I think Sakhanovich is probably the only one who can stop her, but she was far from her best form last week, and has little time to recover... whereas Wakaba has had time to regain her form, and is succeeding based on her regional results in Japan.

So I think Wakaba has a good chance to reach the final - and if she does, and her form continues to improve... I think she will have a better chance of getting on the podium there, than Yura.

I am also rooting for Marin to get on the podium in Croatia this week, because then she will reach the Grand Prix Final too. Not that I really want to see Kaori Sakamoto get pushed out (or Alisa Feduchkina for that matter. There just aren't enough places at the JGPF!)

Whatever happens, it looks like there will be at least three Japanese ladies at the Junior Grand Prix Final, although which three is not certain yet. And it could be four if Wakaba wins this week and Marin gets on the podium too...
Serafirma is off for the last GP, so Wakaba and Marin both have even more good chances. :) I hope Wakaba will do her best and win, and for Marin to medal. That would already be a great accomplishment. :yes:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
kinda late but congratulations to team japan at Japan Open !!! :cheer: and congratz to Yuna and Yura for their medals
and news about Japanese Regionals
looking at the protocols (can find them at tumblr post ) koshiro attempted 3A and got << :hopelessness: i hope he wont attempt it this week and skate clean as he did at Bratislava :cheer:

Thanks!
Wow, Haruka was also there! I wish the best of luck to her GPS this season!

Koshiro seemed to make 2A easily at his 1st competition. It felt like he could master 3A soon! But I’d never thought he would challenge 3A at the competition so early!:drama:
Don’t worry. I’m sure he will bring 2A safely this week! Yes, I hope he can skate with consistency again and make me happy! (I really love that coreo. When Koshiro is on, he has some power to bring peace. :))

佐藤駿 Shun Sato's elements are :

http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2015-2016/fs_j/block1/data0505.pdf

He has just moved up to the Novice A category.

Wow, the presence of another rising skater gets me excited! Thanks.

Last edited:

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Rika and Ryuju are safely in Finland right now (saw them in the hotel restaurant last night).

Hoping Rika will make the podium again, and Ryuju will show improvements in the same way Keiji has this year...

Wish Kana Muramoto and Chris Reed could have made it, Chris seems to have the worst luck with injuries :-/

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Rika and Ryuju are safely in Finland right now (saw them in the hotel restaurant last night).

Hoping Rika will make the podium again, and Ryuju will show improvements in the same way Keiji has this year...

Wish Kana Muramoto and Chris Reed could have made it, Chris seems to have the worst luck with injuries :-/

Gooo Rika, and Ryuju, remember to smile. :biggrin:

Adeliza

Rinkside
Yay both Rika and Ryuju did well in their SP's at Finlandia Trophy! (Lucky me who was there to see them compete. :biggrin: ) Ryuju scored 67.55 and is in fourth place, Rika got 65.75 points and is in first place. :dance:

http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1516/CSFIN2015/index.htm

Ryuju actually cried a bit after his program, he probably wasn't expecting himself to do so well. Best of luck for tomorrow's free skate competitions to both! :cheer2: