Snowboard | Golden Skate

Snowboard

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Chloe Kim, U.S. Oly snowboarder

At 17, she's already well known on the snowboarding circuit and has some good sponsorship, qualified for 2014 Oly but was too young to go. I think she may become one of the biggest stars out of Pyeongchang.

https://youtu.be/mp_VqoaFyjI

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At 17, she's already well known on the snowboarding circuit and has some good sponsorship, qualified for 2014 Oly but was too young to go. I think she may become one of the biggest stars out of Pyeongchang.

https://youtu.be/mp_VqoaFyjI
She’s so awesome!! My friend’s wife works with all the Olympic Women snowboarders (and a lot of others too) and she loves Chloe!! There are a lot of women snowboarders that are absolutely charging out there these days. About half of my instagram is female snowboarders :eek::

I agree that Chloe might get a ton of attention!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I've been keeping my eye on her ever since she won the X Games at 13! Already, I was anticipating her olympic debut :cheer:

rhubarb

Rinkside
Yes I agree

Chloe could definitely become the next Shawn White of snowboarding. And she's only 17!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They announced the US Snowboarding Olympic team this weekend!! So pumped Hailey made it...what a year!

All of their Instagram accounts are linked to this post and you can follow them. Good Luck to the team!
https://instagram.com/p/BeNDwtahnJS/

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeXdTaCnPNr/

Aimee Fuller has been selected for the Slopestyle and the Big Air at the Olympics!!!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

As far as I know, Aimee is the first athlete from Northern Ireland to be confirmed as going to Pyeongchang.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, AIMEE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chloe Kim just crushed it and walked out with X-Games Gold in the Halfpipe....Boom!!

Anna Gasser took the Gold in Big Air too.

Congrats!!! These girls are nutz!!!

Ps. Hey CaroLiza_fan..... I’m a big fan of Aimee Fuller :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Awwww! Thanks Sam!!! :)

I should admit now before anybody else points it out: Aimee was born in England and spent her childhood over there. But, her family is originally from over here, and they all moved back home to Northern Ireland when Aimee was in her teens. So, there is no question that she is one of our's.

I have to be honest, whilst I appreciate the talent and skills that go into them, I'm not really into Xtreme sports.

I am more a fan of Aimee as a person. She seems to be a really lovely girl. You can't help but like her! I just love seeing her posts on Facebook.

But best of all, like a lot of Northern Irish people tend to be, she is really into motorbikes! :biggrin:

Throughout her childhood, Aimee was riding motocross bikes. But, she had to stop in her mid-teens to concentrate on the snowboarding.

Then, a couple of years ago, she decided to go for her road licence. And she went to the riding school run by local road racing legend Phillip McCallen. Unsurprisingly, she got it first time. And she frequently does track days on our main short circuit, Bishopscourt (which isn't actually that far from where she lives).

Aimee didn't do too badly at Sochi. So, with another 4 years of experience under her belt, I am hoping that she can improve on that in Pyeongchang.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Chloe Kim just crushed it and walked out with X-Games Gold in the Halfpipe....Boom!!

Anna Gasser took the Gold in Big Air too.

Congrats!!! These girls are nutz!!!

Wow I can't believe I missed the XGames :sad21: Happy for Chloe though! Maybe I'll try to find some videos on YouTube or something :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The slope style course looks INSANE!!! The rails are beyond gigantic!! :pray:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katie Ormerod (Great Britain) fractured her wrist in training today. She slipped off of one of those gigantic rails. This course is serious!!

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Any good photos or videos of slopestyle course? Any photos of half-pipe and bigair kickers. Slalom giant for skiers and parallel slalom slope for snowboarders? Curious... I'm more of a freerider guy, but I hit park sometimes, if it's on my way to the lift.. :)