Snowboard | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Snowboard

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ester Ledecka just won another gold!!! :yay:

This time in the event she was supposed. Snowboard Parallel Slalom. She is the first woman to win Gold medals in two different sports.:yahoo:

She skated on red, I guess. We left after Zavarzina fell in semifinal. It was ridiculous: 23 out 24 runs were won on the red slope. They were clearly not equal. All other Russians but Zavarzina had blue and lost, of course.

And they complain about figure skating judging....

Edit: 22 out 24 - Zavarzina was leading so that it would be 23 had she not fallen.

MelDee

Final Flight
She skated on red, I guess.

Not sure how much of an advantage it was for Ledecká who had horrific trainings all week long and kept falling on the track. They day she won was the day she finally got it together. But hey, let's keep making excuses. :slink:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Not sure how much of an advantage it was for Ledecká who had horrific trainings all week long and kept falling on the track. They day she won was the day she finally got it together. But hey, let's keep making excuses. :slink:

Don't be defensive. Have I challenged the legitimacy of her win? Zavarzina skated on red as well and fell. But one cannot deny that the slopes were not equivalent because red always won with just one exception before the men's semifinals - as I said, we left after Zavarzina's fall.