Snowboard | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Snowboard

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so cool looking, but I don't understand the commentary at all. Something about being "skateboardy" - isn't it ALL "skateboardy?" And is that good or bad? And something about fruit? What the heck does that mean?

s_parks

Record Breaker
CHLOE! :love: Didn't even have to do anything on that last run, but back to back 1080s!! This queen!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So fun! My 2.5 year old daughter was so facinated that she sat through the whole thing! #signingupforsnowboardlessons

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CHLOE! :love: Didn't even have to do anything on that last run, but back to back 1080s!! This queen!

She went nutty out there!! Love that she didn’t victory lap on the biggest stage in the world! This sport is all about pushing each other and the boundaries that exist!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Loved Chloe! She was great!

And had to chuckle to myself to see the names "Kim" and "Gold" winning medals... (sounds like it could be a skating podium! ;) )

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow...this Korean kid Leejun is really good! That run had some serious hits.

mintx

On the Ice
Shawn White and the other snowboarders were amazing tonight. I don't follow the sport but I remember seeing him in Athens and every Olympics since. The commentators were blown away.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Shawn White and the other snowboarders were amazing tonight. I don't follow the sport but I remember seeing him in Athens and every Olympics since. The commentators were blown away.

Torino, you mean? Athens was a summer Olympics.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Loved Chloe! She was great!

And had to chuckle to myself to see the names "Kim" and "Gold" winning medals... (sounds like it could be a skating podium! ;) )

haha! Well, it certainly helps that kim is the most common korean last name :p

mintx

On the Ice
Torino, you mean? Athens was a summer Olympics.

Yes, his first Olympics when he was dubbed The Flying Tomato by the Italian press. The US picked up on it but understandably he didn't like it.

Anyway, he was amazing last night. I hope he wins gold again!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm watching snowboard and felt like I was watching figure skating : "Really ? We don't understand the judging sometime ! Oh well, we don't want to create a polemic anyway..." :laugh2:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scotty James just went OFF!!!! I predict that’s a medal!!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And then Shawn White just blew it up like never before!! :jaw:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chloe KIM (USA) - gold

On her dual heritage:
"I definitely, when I was younger, struggled a little to understand my identity and who I wanted to be and I think having my family to be there throughout the whole process was so helpful.
"I surrounded myself with such nice people that it definitely made it much easier for me. I feel like I got to represent both the US and Korea today."
On the experience of competing at the Olympic Winter Games:
"Even being at the Olympics was such an insane experience. Just the idea of coming out here seemed unreal.
"I just wanted to have a good run and to do that was so amazing and obviously taking the win was just icing on the cake."
On ladies' snowboarding:
"It was very, very exciting to watch the contest today. Women's snowboarding has progressed, it's such a fast pace, it's such an honour to be a part of that and I feel like there's going to be some cool tricks in the (future)."
On producing her best on her last run even though she was already assured of winning gold:
"Going into my third run, just knowing that I had won the gold medal was insane and I went around and hugged everyone on my team, like my coaches and everyone that's been there for me but I was like 'Just don't tell me, I don't want to start crying, I have another run to do'. I'd hate to go home with the gold medal knowing I could have done better so I think that third run was for myself.
"What we do is we always want to one-up ourselves no matter what. At the end of the day it's all about snowboarding, it's not about how many points you have or where we are on the list, you want to push yourself and that's the best way to do it."
On what motivates her:
"It's just thinking about how hard I've worked and all the sacrifices my family has made to get me to this point.
"I always want to push myself and see what I can do. I love surprising myself and other people.
"I watched the Olympics growing up and it was such a big part of my life, just wanting to be there. It's such an insane thing to watch on tv and it just makes you want to be there even more."
On her father's sudden popularity after being filmed cheering her on and celebrating her victory by drinking beer:
"My dad's always like, 'Chloe, I'm a celebrity now, I need a bodyguard'.
"My dad always likes a couple of beers, a couple of cold ones with the boys.
"He was actually just drinking the beer while walking with me and my publicist was like, 'You can't do that Jong (Jin Kim), put that down', and he's like, 'Why? I can have a beer, I'm 52'. Or 62, so he's a free spirit."
On competing at the Winter Youth Olympic Games (KIM won two gold medals at the 2016 Games in Lillehammer):
"Going through the whole Youth Olympic experience was really helpful.
"It just kind of gives you a better idea of what the Games are going to be like.
"If anything it was way more mellow here because you don't have all these kids running around and eating all the candy and jumping on the trampolines."

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And then Shawn White just blew it up like never before!! :jaw:

Considering snowboarding is considered a young mans game to be able to beat these young guys at the age of 31 is insane. It will be a long long time if ever before someone like him comes around again.

lavender

Record Breaker
What in the world was that.:shocked: That was unbelievable. I'm still shaking my head. Wow..I've never seen him cry like that either.