Team Eteri Tutberidze | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Team Eteri Tutberidze

madison

Record Breaker
New interview Eteri Tutberidze:

"I don't see yet anybody who would work as Medvedeva"

http://fis1922.ru/tekushchij/1190-o...-nikogo-kto-rabotal-by-tak-kak-medvedeva.html

Wow, that's actually good.... you can imagine Zagitova or any of her Juniors working as much as Medvedeva.... they'll easy overcome her. I mean, look at Trusova and Zagitova. They are already better than Medvedeva when it comes to tech part (and they don't work as much as Med, according to Eteri:biggrin:) Well, in the end, also the talent counts (and a lot). If you are less talented, you have to work harder.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Dang, now that the JGP is over, I can't get my fix of amazing Eteri talent... *sobs*

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Eteri's recent interview, translated to English: https://pastebin.com/raw/Veq4aWYA

TL;DR:
* To reach the top level you need permanent work from the youngest age. Coaching should be planned for 10 years ahead.
* It's easier to raise the bar by your own than trying to catch up with others.
* The technical evolution is far from over. In 3 years ladies' quads will become a routine.
* Once you get out of the habit of falling, it becomes difficult to learn new jumps. You must never stop learning new jumps.
* Falls are much safer physically and mentally for little kids.
* Russian boys are weak-willed because of lack of competition. They don't need to struggle to qualify.
* Eteri is an authoritarian coach on the rink, but a weak woman in everyday life.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Dang, now that the JGP is over, I can't get my fix of amazing Eteri talent... *sobs*

she's not the only one in the school, remember :) as far as i know, it's more like Dudakov is the one who is teaching them jump technique and other stuff like that. I would give him the credits :agree:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Eteri's recent interview, translated to English: https://pastebin.com/raw/Veq4aWYA

TL;DR:
* To reach the top level you need permanent work from the youngest age. Coaching should be planned for 10 years ahead.
* It's easier to raise the bar by your own than trying to catch up with others.
* The technical evolution is far from over. In 3 years ladies' quads will become a routine.
* Once you get out of the habit of falling, it becomes difficult to learn new jumps. You must never stop learning new jumps.
* Falls are much safer physically and mentally for little kids.
* Russian boys are weak-willed because of lack of competition. They don't need to struggle to qualify.
* Eteri is an authoritarian coach on the rink, but a weak woman in everyday life.

i suggest you to make a new thread in "Figure skating: The Edge" and paste this translation there, because i'm sure a lot of people love reading interviews like that, but they might not be visiting this forum section.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
i suggest you to make a new thread in "Figure skating: The Edge" and paste this translation there, because i'm sure a lot of people love reading interviews like that, but they might not be visiting this forum section.

You know how that thread will be finished :laugh:

"Cruel monster, devil, flawed technique, injured skaters, cheated jumps, flutzes, ugly tanos/rippons, backloading, broken choreo" etc

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Several of Eteri's young skaters now have fanfests!
Sofia Akatieva and Eva Novakhova do, as far as I know. There might be more.