Team Italy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Team Italy

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm completely rooting for Italy during the final (but I would be rooting for anyone against England in football :devil:).

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i believed everybody hated France in football :LOL: clearly i was wrong, anyway i don't know if my national team can make it,the english guys look pretty strong,but what do i know? :LOL: i didn't believe Switzerland was strong enough to beat France and Germany looked a sure winner and look what happened. that said, getting back to our favourite sport, the chances one of our girls can get a spot at Nebelhorn are slim as much as i love them i can think of at least 4 or 5 competitors at their level that will probably be there too. we're slowly building our new ladies field, the young girls are all promising just they're not there yet

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
i believed everybody hated France in football :LOL: clearly i was wrong, anyway i don't know if my national team can make it,the english guys look pretty strong,but what do i know? :LOL: i didn't believe Switzerland was strong enough to beat France and Germany looked a sure winner and look what happened. that said, getting back to our favourite sport, the chances one of our girls can get a spot at Nebelhorn are slim as much as i love them i can think of at least 4 or 5 competitors at their level that will probably be there too. we're slowly building our new ladies field, the young girls are all promising just they're not there yet
We do, but England-France create a perfect combo in that (although they dislike each other so much, their hostility is like frog-mice wars to the rest of Europe :biggrin: ) and France is out already. I was rooting for Denmark after they defeated us, but they didn't make it (at least they scored), so now it's up to squadra azzura. (y)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
We do, but England-France create a perfect combo in that (although they dislike each other so much, their hostility is like frog-mice wars to the rest of Europe :biggrin: ) and France is out already. I was rooting for Denmark after they defeated us, but they didn't make it (at least they scored), so now it's up to squadra azzura. (y)
i believe they're still blaming each other for the battle of Azincourt :LOL:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And hopefully this other team Italy will win it. (Says the guy who has no interest whatsoever in football, and hasn't watched any of the tournament).

The British media have been unbearable all through this tournament. Just like they are during every tournament that England play in. Going on and on and on about England, and how they are so much better than everybody else. And barely mentioning the other Home Nations that had done so well to qualify for the tournament.

For goodness sake, they still go on about England winning the 1966 World Cup at every opportunity! :bang:

I dread to imagine what the media would be like if England won. So, I really hope Italy win.

That said, I do tend to support Italians anyway. So, (bringing this back to figure skating), I hope somebody does qualify an Olympic Ladies slot at the Nebelhorn.

So, what's the latest on Carolina... ;)

CaroLiza_fan
Someons should tell the English media that Greece in 04 beat better competition to win the thing.

The truth is the draw opened up for England big time. And in the last World Cup, they lost to both half decent teams they faced and made the Semis.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i believed everybody hated France in football :LOL: clearly i was wrong

I don't have an opinion on the Men's team, but I always liked the French Women's team. Such skill. Plus, it helped that their star player was also a stunner in the beauty stakes - Lousia Necib... :love:

Another reason I tend to support the French is that I love listening to their national anthem. And the same goes for you guys! ;)

My favourite national anthems (off the top of my head, so may have missed some) - Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Russia.

And I do tend to support people from those countries in sport. So, there may be a connection - to get support, have a nice national anthem! :rock:

anyway i don't know if my national team can make it,the english guys look pretty strong,but what do i know? :LOL:

Oh, elektra. Don't tell me you're drooling over footballers now. :rolleye:

And to answer your question - probably a lot more than I do! :laugh:

happened. that said, getting back to our favourite sport, the chances one of our girls can get a spot at Nebelhorn are slim as much as i love them i can think of at least 4 or 5 competitors at their level that will probably be there too. we're slowly building our new ladies field, the young girls are all promising just they're not there yet

Have faith, my child. A lot of skaters will not be at their best after being in lockdown for so long. So, if your girls can perform at their best, they could have a good chance of claiming a slot. And I hope they do.

Although it's getting increasingly unlikely that she will ever return to competition after being away for so long, what about Caro? Have there been any whispers about her preparing for competitions rather than shows, in an attempt to make the Olympic team?

I know, I'm a fanboy who is dreaming...

But there is nothing wrong with dreaming! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
@CaroLiza_fan i know very little about football and i can tell just 2 or 3 players, but i know offside! (there's a joke in Italy that women can never tell offside), is this considered more than you know? :LOL: about Carolina, do you want me to be kind or your friend? :LOL:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@CaroLiza_fan i know very little about football and i can tell just 2 or 3 players,

For me, I could identify a good number of footballers who played for Manchester United in the 1990's. And Ronaldo de Lima (the most successful footballer in the world at that time). But, that's about it. Apart from the guy I went to school with, I couldn't identify any current male footballers. :slink:

but i know offside! (there's a joke in Italy that women can never tell offside), is this considered more than you know? :LOL:

That joke is actually the same in English. And, due to the phase I went through when I watched Women's football, I think I have got the basics of the offside rule. But, it is probably more complex than what I think it is.

So, probably! :laugh:

about Carolina, do you want me to be kind or your friend? :LOL:

You know I'll still love you no matter what you say or do.

But, this does come to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArDFU_IESQ

:biggrin:

I know, I'm too invested in Carolina. But, after being her biggest fan for 18 years, what do you expect?! It was because of Carolina that I properly became a fan of this sport. All this is down to her.

Because of Carolina, I found you. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

What great news to wake up to!!!

Congratulations to Italy for achieving the first part of the bargain!!! Now we can concentrate on the main course - earning a Ladies slot for the Olympics. ;) :biggrin:

While I'm here, I just saw that Daniel Grassl will tonight become the latest skater to be interviewed by star Mexican commentator Marisol Paiz (our very own @MashaOfficial ).

The interview starts on Monday 12th July 2021 (i.e. TONIGHT) at 14:00 CDT (19:00 GMT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST).

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTHrcGiL2g

And here is the discussion thread that Masha has posted over in The Edge:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/88615

It's cool that the page for the livestream is currently showing a trailer for Masha's channel. Didn't know that it could be set up to do that. (And I bet you the ISU doesn't know either!)

So, set your alarms!

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
it's nice to be Euro champions... :LOL: i'm taking this with graciousness and sobriety...

popopopopooooopooooo pooooopopopopooooopoooooooooooooooooo

now i hope my boys can take a leaf from the national football team book...get that Euro gold home!!!! (i know it would be hard, but let an italian mama dream! anyway it's not that out of reach, do you hear me Daniel? and you Matteo?)

MashaOfficial

Rinkside
:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

What great news to wake up to!!!

Congratulations to Italy for achieving the first part of the bargain!!! Now we can concentrate on the main course - earning a Ladies slot for the Olympics. ;) :biggrin:

While I'm here, I just saw that Daniel Grassl will tonight become the latest skater to be interviewed by star Mexican commentator Marisol Paiz (our very own @MashaOfficial ).

The interview starts on Monday 12th July 2021 (i.e. TONIGHT) at 14:00 CDT (19:00 GMT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST).

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTHrcGiL2g

And here is the discussion thread that Masha has posted over in The Edge:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/88615

It's cool that the page for the livestream is currently showing a trailer for Masha's channel. Didn't know that it could be set up to do that. (And I bet you the ISU doesn't know either!)

So, set your alarms!

CaroLiza_fan
Awww thank you so much for sharing and for everything you wrote. I hope to see you live :)

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
The ice dancers from Barbara Fusar Poli's team are currently at summer camp in Torre Pellice.
Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcK7CHpBwD/

Several Italian teams are present including:
Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri
Carolina Moscheni/Francesco Fioretti
Nicole Calderari/Marco Cilli
Carolina Portesi Peroni/Michael Chrastecky
Jasmine Tessari (possibly teamed with Stéphane Walker)

Plus some international teammates:
Hanna Jakucs/Alessio Galli (NED)
Denisa Cimlova/Vilém Hlavsa (CZE)

pete

On the Ice
Does anyone know how many spots Italy has for the junior grand prix? They didn't assign anyone to the first stage

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know how many spots Italy has for the junior grand prix? They didn't assign anyone to the first stage
Men: 14 entries (2 entries at all 7 comps- maximum allowed)
Ladies: 6 entries (1 entry at 6 of the comps)
Ice Dance: 6 entries (1 entry at 6 of the comps)
Pairs: 8 entries (2 entries to the 4 comps with pairs)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
we don't have 7 entries in men, sadly, that's probably why nobody is going to JGP France I, dance is probably the most promising in juniors (maybe some girl too, like Ginevra and some of the seniors are junior eligible too)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i hope she's fit enough to show what she's capable of. also good luck to Emanuele Indelicato and Nikolaj Memola in men, Montan/Clerici and Simioli/Zarbo in pairs and Calderari/Cilli in dance