Team Italy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Italy

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
great news! i like her! what connetion does she have with Italy?
Possibly the coach? She's going to be training with Angelina Turenko, who used to coach in St. Petersburg. Maria trains in St. Petersburg, so it's possible they used to work together, or at least knew each other. I don't remember Maria's coaching history.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
then how did she pick Italy? :LOL: did she point her finger randomly to a map? jokes aside as far as i know you must have some connection to switch country, like a close family member

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
then how did she pick Italy? :LOL: did she point her finger randomly to a map? jokes aside as far as i know you must have some connection to switch country, like a close family member
Perhaps there is some kind of scholarship? She might going to Italy to study?

Is there anything in the name Talalaikina that sounds Italian? I guess...no. :scratch2:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
great news! i like her! what connetion does she have with Italy?

Can't say I'm familiar with Talalaikina. But, I'm sure her arrival will spice things up in Italian Ladies skating.

BUT, this can't be good news for my girl Elisabetta Leccardi. She has been struggling against the competition she already has for a while now.

Any idea why she is not entered for the Lombardia?

I don't think so. We've seen plenty of switches over the years that don't seem to involve any family connections. Unless the Italian Fed has this as an additional requirement to try to cut out opportunistic switches.

I was very excited when Nikol Gosviani switched from Russia to Italy after marrying Leo-Luca Sforza (I had long been calling for her to switch to her ancestral homeland of Georgia). But, it unfortunately turned out to be a very short return to competition.

Speaking of the Sforza family, I've been catching up on the second Junior GP the past few days (currently in the final group of the Ladies FS), and saw the video of Sofia that was shown during some of the intervals. Wow! I never knew she could sing!

You know, I didn't realise until I checked it there now, but it is coming up on 5 years since we last saw any of them competing! :eek:

Such a shame. I liked them all.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I want your opinion.

Now that Elisabetta Leccardi has switched to Ice Dance, how should I approach the Fan Fest. Should I:

• transform her existing Fan Fest thread into a thread for the partnership, like I did with Zoe Jones when she switched from Singles to Pairs?
  • create a completely new Fan Fest thread for the partnership?

If Mattia already had a Fan Fest of his own, I would have no hesitation in just going straight in and creating a new thread. But, he doesn't. So, it seems logical to just re-configure the existing thread.

The problem arises if Elisabetta and Mattia do not stay together. Because if that happens, I have lost her own Fan Fest.

I had that problem with Nikita Vitryanyuk. When Nikita switched from Singles to Ice Dance, I turned his thread into a thread for the partnership. Then they split after a season. So, I created another thread for his new partnership. This partnership was good, but they split after half a season. His third partnership lasted for one competition, so I didn't get as far as creating a thread for them. He is now onto his fourth partnership, and I created a thread for it. And I am hopeful that this partnership will last, because they are really good.

Since coverage of Nikita's career was getting fragmented and spread out all over the forum, I ended up re-creating his own thread, so that there would be somewhere that you could get his whole career in one place. And I re-configured the threads for his previous partnerships so that the focus of the thread would be about the whole career of the girl.

In fact, so that I do not end up with this sort of mess again, I have set the thread for his current partnership up in such a way that it will be easy to switch the focus of the thread to be about Sofía Val's whole career in the event of them splitting.

So, I could do the same with this partnership. Create a new thread, but set it up in such a way that it will be easy to switch the focus of the thread to be about Mattia della Torre's whole career in the event of them splitting.

Yes, typing out this post has made me reach the decision on my own. I will create a new thread for the partnership. And make it easy to switch it to being a thread about Mattia should they split.

But, it'll not be ready in time for Nationals!

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy