Team KoRo 7K (Kori Ade & Rohene Ward) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Team KoRo 7K (Kori Ade & Rohene Ward)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Just a heads up that the first 7k Skaters to skate at nationals are up tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAlN2FgB7kA/

They appear to be skating 8th of 12 in Hickory Hoedown starting at 8:00 am and second of 12 in Ten Fox starting at 9:17... I love these names!

So good luck to the lesser seen members of Korocent!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nothing to do with the competition, but a shout-out to Doris and the header for this thread, as 7k is now using the "Team Korocent" as a hashtag:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2VtS3B7me/?tagged=teamkorocent

And good luck to Ben J. (one of the "surviving male" skaters, good for him, still sad for Jason and Jordan:sad21:) at Nats!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/01/22/162580824

Mariah Bell, who trains with 2015 U.S. champion Jason Brown and senior competitor Jordan Moeller in Monument, Colorado, is sad that she doesn't have her training mates with her in Saint Paul. Brown withdrew with a strained back, and Moeller is sidelined with a broken leg.

But they are here with her in spirit. Brown and Moeller each took some crystals from their costumes and placed them on Bell's short program and free skate dresses.

can these guys get any cuter!

TMC

Record Breaker
What on earth happened at #7kfamilyforever? Was Vincent fired or was the family drama too much for him? Baffling.

I think I'm baffled because his IG posts were so happy-happy-happy that I thought he was really enjoying 7k.

caitie

Medalist
Maybe Tami Gambil (sp?) just offered him a larger salary? It happens. Someone on FSU mentioned they were surprised because Tami criticized 7K's jump technique after coaching Tyler Pierce following her exit from 7K, but then I don't think Vincent was at 7K for much of the time Tyler was there, was he?

caitie

Medalist
It sounds like Vincent left; where did you guys hear that? What's going on?

It was mentioned in passing in TSL's latest video. He's now working with Tammy Gambill in California. Tammy's major students are Karen Chen, Richard Dornbush, and Tyler Pierce IIRC.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Playing connect the dots is so much fun, I'll try a larger version in this thread.

As has been noted, evidently TSL said that Tammy "acquired" a coach from 7k. Vincent is no longer listed on the 7k website, and I noticed about two weeks ago he changed his Instagram handle from @7kCoachVincent to @ItsCoachVincent. He is evidently listed for a coaching workshop at Tammy's.

Now, for the other deductions, made on the basis of *no* information other than conjecture.

1. Why did Vincent leave? no one knows. Noted above: An FSU poster did point out that Tyler had thrown shade at 7k's jump technique. So of course I had to go to Instagram, and on June 15, Vincent posted a smiling photo of himself and Tyler, saying how sweet Tyler was, at the 7k facility. Curious! And Jason and Jordan did get hurt this year. Which could mean something or absolutely nothing. As far as I can tell, his last posting on Instagram with 7k was a vid of Romain, with the usual "7kfamily" hashtags.

2. Did anyone go with Vincent? Originally he brought Ben Jalovick and Alex Zahradnicek to 7K from Delaware. He brought Romain Ponsart over from Framce.

Romain and Mariah are an item, if all the heart emoticons on social media and photos together are an indication. What absolute cuties! Kori posted a tweet this week of Romain; so he has stayed. Alex Z was on a plane to California with Vincent on March 22 (Instagram). Was he following? Ben J: don't know.

Ok, it's Sunday and I'm tired from gardening and bored, what can I say?:laugh:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
While we have no way of knowing what actually happened, I connected the dots the same way you did , el henry.

Now, where does Cecily Morrow fit into the picture? Was she hired and Vincent let go or did he leave and then Cecily was hired? She's already listed on the website and will begin working at 7K in June.

Cecily Morrow 7k Bio

Cecily teaches the latest, precise method for maximum distance, height and consistency in jumping and fast spinning to all levels of skaters, judges and coaches in the United States and Canada.

This photo/video from 4/12 seems to shows the current group of core skaters at 7K:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEG61pyh7oM/?taken-by=skate7k

TMC

Record Breaker
I had no idea Mariah & Romain were a couple! Those photos on her IG...aww they are adorable!

ETA: I'd never heard of Cecily Morrow before but WOW what a catch for 7k she is!! She's not only a wizard on ice, her 'formal education' is insanely impressive as well :shocked: I mean her resume reads like a skating coach version of Mr Shibutani Sr :laugh2:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now, where does Cecily Morrow fit into the picture? Was she hired and Vincent let go or did he leave and then Cecily was hired? She's already listed on the website and will begin working at 7K in June.

Good sleuthing, and any friend of Gustave Lussi is a friend of mine.

Well it looks like they are dropping some less than subtle hints about Alex Zahradnicek for us.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUN3pnBVCd/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUKutSifyW/

Is Tyler wearing an exploding Tardis dress?

:rofl: More good sleuthing!

Apparently #nosnow was a consideration in the move. :laugh2:

:biggrin: What is it with figure skaters and snow? When Adam Rippon was asked what he missed about Northeastern Pennsylvania, he said, I'll tell you what I don't miss, snow!

They are *skaters*. Ya know, frozen ice? Winter? This California obsession I do not get:scratch2: