Team U.S.A Fan Page | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Team U.S.A Fan Page

QMATTERS

Rinkside
I get that people have favorites, but sometimes it just gets to be too much! I just run like hell away from this board when the subject of Max comes up because none of us are allowed to have an opinion unless it's absolutely superlative, wondrous, the angels are singing and butterflies are flying. Because he works so hard I'm glad he got the opportunity but I still don't think either Adam or Josh should have been passed over. Let's just hope he skates up to the potential that Karne thinks he has - for a change! Over and out............................

Everyone works hard! The Federation had to decide! There will be other opportunities. Just remember that Adam and Josh have qualified to skate in the GPF series next season.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I fear I must disillusion a few here! In Australia we have no such tradition similar to your tailgating, though at junior football matches and cricket matches and the like there are often barbeques and lunch spreads.

Most of our stadiums are serviced by public transport, so there aren't too many that drive to the game. We have a great tradition of complaining how much everything costs within the stadium, and those of us who are stingier than others bring our own food in. At any rate, I doubt any of the stadium managements would put up with people cooking food in the backs of their cars in their carparks! :)

@MaxTAaron
Thank you @RichardDornbush! I really appreciate the support!
8:47 PM - 6 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/585287837974564864

I am probably reading far too much into this, but I found both Ricky's message of support and Max's public gratitude to be very significant.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I haven't read all posts in this thread, but thanks to Doris and other people here I've learned a new English word 'tailgate', I think. ;) My hubby and I always brought a small bottle of red wine, sandwiches, chocolates, nuts, dried fruits and hot coffee to all 3 WTTs at Yoyogi Tokyo in the past to enjoy the world-very-top figure skaters and their fabulous performances for 3 days. :) According to its definition below, we did 'tailgating' in the appropriate/correct way. Except 'Displaying Team Loyalty' part I guess, why, we cheered and screamed for all 6 teams! meaning Zero royalty, right? :laugh:

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/the-ultimate-tailgating-guide-food-party-ticket-prices/

Through its evolution during this past century, tailgating, as it is known today, has three general main purposes:

Eating & Drinking
Displaying Team Loyalty
Having A Good Time

Sometimes the food is very artsy craftsy
http://ilovetotailgate.com/iltt/tailgaiting-101/tailgating-101-part-3-your-menu/

Goo Team USA and Gooo Max!!! :cheer:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I haven't read all posts in this thread, but thanks to Doris and other people here I've learned a new English word 'tailgate', I think. ;) My hubby and I always brought a small bottle of red wine, sandwiches, chocolates, nuts, dried fruits and hot coffee to all 3 WTTs at Yoyogi Tokyo in the past to enjoy the world-very-top figure skaters and their fabulous performances for 3 days. :) According to its definition below, we did 'tailgating' in the appropriate/correct way. Except 'Displaying Team Loyalty' part I guess, why, we cheered and screamed for all 6 teams! meaning Zero royalty, right? :laugh:

Goo Team USA and Gooo Max!!! :cheer:

deedee, will you and Mr. deedee be returning to WTT for a fourth time this year? Hope so -- with your customary tailgating provisions, of course.

In any case, whether you attend in person or not, thanks for cheering for all six teams (and for Max :yay:)!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Ah but that's the best kind of disloyalty. ;)

Friends of mine and myself used to go pick up food and sit outside the SummerStage area in Central Park. You couldn't see the show, but you could hear it. For nuthin' (I think "free" may be my favorite 4-letter word in the English language).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

This sounds like the most perfect fabulous way to do WTT. Are you lucky enough to be going again?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone and no, sorry, unfortunately not this year. But will cheer even harder, I promise, for all 6 teams in front of TV! :)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
According to this tweet, the Jason Brown Japanese Fan Club has arranged a fan meeting during WTT:

JasonBrownJPFanClub @JasonBrownJPFan
[fan meetingのご案内1 ] 来る4/18 9:30 ~10:30AM (ファンミは30分)でJason選手とのFan Meeting を開催致します。当アカウントをfollowしてくださっている方で参加希望される方は返信ください。参加者が多い場合は抽選で当アカウント
10:26 PM - 11 Apr 2015

Bing Translate:
fan meeting about one come 4/18 9:30 ~ 10:30 hold a Fan Meeting and Jason players AM (meaing is 30 minutes). That want to participate in the us following our account please reply. Attendees will often draw on our account

Jason has so much fun interacting with his fans. I look forward to seeing pictures/videos of the event. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not to get too deep ;), but I wonder whether Max's haircut since Nats is another reflection of his early transition (mentally and physically) into next season.
His hair already was much shorter at the Make-A-Wish charity event in March.
And it looks even shorter today.
[Off topic: early Happy Birthday to Mirai :hb:! Her cake is really cute.]​

Meanwhile, Jason has (new?) red frames for his eyeglasses, LOL.
Kori and he are on their way to Japan.

... But will cheer even harder, I promise, for all 6 teams in front of TV! :)

:yay:

At least you and Mr. deedee can enjoy your wine and chocolate just as much in front of the TV.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Any guesses why he flipped it along a mirror/horizontal axis?

Stitch, are you referring to flipping of the photo -- evident b/c the flag pattern on Jason's cap looks reversed?

Don't know the answer, but I have noticed that many photos on social media (other than Jason's) seem to be mirror images of what would be seen in real life.

My uneducated guess would be that something about the technology of taking/posting the photos is responsible -- not an active choice by Jason or others??

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Stitch, are you referring to flipping of the photo -- evident b/c the flag pattern on Jason's cap looks reversed?

Don't know the answer, but I have noticed that many photos on social media (other than Jason's) seem to be mirror images of what would be seen in real life.

My uneducated guess would be that something about the technology of taking/posting the photos is responsible -- not an active choice by Jason or others??

If it was tech doing it, I would think he would invert it on his computer and then re-upload it so it is flipped back the right way. It could just be a composition choice - maybe he wants his head on one side or another. And actually I noticed it on the USA on Kori's shirt before the hat.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If it was tech doing it, I would think he would invert it on his computer and then re-upload it so it is flipped back the right way. It could just be a composition choice - maybe he wants his head on one side or another. And actually I noticed it on the USA on Kori's shirt before the hat.

Duh ... silly me :bang: hadn't noticed Kori's shirt:.

I am soooooo not ;) the right person to know the answer, but I'm assuming that Jason tweeted the photo straight from his phone? And would not have stopped to fiddle with it (even though I understand the theoretical option in your post).

But again, just my uneducated guess.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not to get too deep ;), but I wonder whether Max's post-Nats haircut since Nats is another reflection of his early transition (mentally and physically) into next season.
His hair already was much shorter at the Make-A-Wish charity event in March.
And it looks even shorter today.
[Off topic: early Happy Birthday to Mirai :hb:! Her cake is really cute.]​

I thoroughly approve of this new haircut. However, I do believe I will require further evidence for close analysis before I come to a complete judgement. ;)

ALSO MINION BIRTHDAY CAKE IS AMAZING.

Meanwhile, Jason has (new?) red frames for his eyeglasses, LOL.
Kori and he are on their way to Japan.

Alas, I disapprove of the red frames.

Any guesses why he flipped it along a mirror/horizontal axis?

Instagram does it automatically.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually RE: flipping photos. I think that's what happens when you use the front-facing camera. It usually flips the photo regardless of where you post it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I thoroughly approve of this new haircut. However, I do believe I will require further evidence for close analysis before I come to a complete judgement. ;)

ALSO MINION BIRTHDAY CAKE IS AMAZING.

Alas, I disapprove of the red frames.

Instagram does it automatically.

Will be interesting to see how Max's short-short hair will complement his new programs ;). [In any case, it looks good to me as his off-ice 'do, altho' I will miss his curls.]
(And sorry for the Nats-Nats redundancy within my previous post, which I have fixed.)​

I looked up Mirai's birthday :hb:, which falls on Apr 16. Nice that Max could attend the early celebration with the epic cake for her before he departs for WTT.

I think I like the red frames on Jason. They would not suit everyone, but seem to fit his radiant personality.

ETA, fear not, karne ;): we now have a sighting of Jason's dark-framed eyeglasses in Japan:

Actually RE: flipping photos. I think that's what happens when you use the front-facing camera. It usually flips the photo regardless of where you post it.

And thx to both of you for the enlightenment :) re the photo flipping.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Having two pairs of glasses (at least), especially if you travel a lot, is certainly sensible. Heck, I have two pairs of glasses and I don't travel a lot (one pair lives permanently in my skate bag; if I'm going to break the first pair anywhere, it'll probably be at the rink.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ
Thanks @GraceEGold for the great 2015 World Team Trophy artwork! @USFigureSkating #teamspirit #GoTeamUSA
5:06 AM - 15 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/588312518436630528 (cute photo of Gracie's caricatures)​

Noted :) skater/artist Max Settlage even tweeted his compliments to Gracie.​

And yet another :) group pose (panda-free ;)) at the opening reception -- everyone in their dressy clothes and with flags in hand:

Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates has been tweeting in both Japanese :cool: and English:
🇺🇸 オープニング レセプションでのチームUSA!みんな素晴らしく競える一週間になるよう楽しみにしているよ!#WTT15 🇺🇸
5:24 AM - 15 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/588317060456820737 (photo attached)​

Jason's caption in English for the same photo:
🇺🇸 TeamUSA at the Opening Reception! We are all looking forward to a great week of competition! #WTT15 🇺🇸
5:24 AM - 15 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/588316903736643586

Great to see so much Team USA social media (Max's and Jason's fan threads have more photos + video, in case anyone is wondering).

(Jason's flag emojis won't copy into GS, unfortunately.
And BTW, Jason has switched to the official ISU hashtag #WTT15 -- but #WTT2015 also is going pretty strong.)​

Having two pairs of glasses (at least), especially if you travel a lot, is certainly sensible. ...

:agree:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The USFS fanzone page for WTT is up:

So far it includes one quote from captain Evan Bates.
Presumably will be updated in coming days with post-segment quotes from Team USA skaters. (As has been the case with USFS fanzone pages for previous comps.)

Includes a link to the USFS Facebook album-in-progress for WTT:
It already includes a couple of photos that I have not seen elsewhere on social media:

The fanzone page has also all the usual schedule information + handy-dandy links to results, etc.

Last edited: