Thoughts on USFSA's U.S. Nationals wrapup video? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thoughts on USFSA's U.S. Nationals wrapup video?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Aaaawww, I really like you - makes me feel way better about my own fangirly moments ;)

For the video, it's really weird there is so little of Josh... but we did get his gorgeous spread eagle, so it could have been worse, I guess.

Aw thanks... I am fully aware of how fangirly I can come across at times :biggrin: I'm really nothing but a blushing fan deep down lol.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
And yet another USFS video was published today, Feb 15:

The title is: U.S. Figure Skating Loves its Fans!
The footage all seems to be from the Greensboro gala.

The men are well-represented, IMO. Max, Josh, Jason, Jeremy, Adam all seen repeatedly. :) Plus one shot of Torgashev.

Stupid question:
Who is the female shown after the opening clip of Jeremy? Hawayek?​

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And yet another USFS video was published today, Feb 15:

The title is: U.S. Figure Skating Loves its Fans!
The footage all seems to be from the Greensboro gala.

The men are well-represented, IMO. Max, Josh, Jason, Jeremy, Adam all seen repeatedly. :)

Stupid question:
Who is the female shown after the opening clip of Jeremy?​

That looks like Kaitlyn Hawayek.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That looks like Kaitlyn Hawayek.

Thx, Mrs. P. I was just editing my post, b/c I was thinking it might be her ... but really was not sure from the angle of the close-up.

I just added Torgashev to my post too.

A small quibble with the editing is that it was great to see Max really smiling and enjoying himself at the gala (esp. after his pewter), but did not feel right (IMO) to then cut abruptly to Jeremy looking (understandably) so emotional.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A small quibble with the editing is that it was great to see Max really smiling and enjoying himself at the gala (esp. after his pewter), but did not feel right (IMO) to then cut abruptly to Jeremy looking (understandably) so emotional.

I agree with you. Bit of a shot to the heart, that one, because all the preceding shots are so upbeat and happy and the Max shot is Max being crazy happy and having a ball, and then suddenly, Jeremy in what must have been the most heartbreaking emotional moment of his life.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Newly published today is a third USFS video looking back at 2015 Nats:

2015 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships - As (Not) Seen on TV #WeCanInspire
U.S. Figure Skating
Published on Mar 5, 2015
We were so inspired by our great athletes at U.S. Championships. Here's a look back as not seen on TV! #WeCanInspire
http://youtu.be/AXW0ioIPVXY?list=PL-CheZaoFWwSBe0ewxow7yb4Yt28GJhsG (3:31)​

Lots of nice moments, such as:
Jason giving Jeremy a high-five (high-ten) before the Men's FS.
Max, Josh, and Jeremy sharing a laugh at the gala.
Ashley giving Jason his crash course in the gala choreo.
Jason giving Gracie a hug at the gala.
Madi Chock autographing some of the gala "frisbees" as Max gets ready to toss them.​

Plus mixed in with the more recognizable faces are less familiar ones (incl. a few juniors, I think?). Some I didn't know at all -- and I was happy to see them featured.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thanks for the video, golden! 0:20, 1:45-1:50(giraffe-flipping), pretty much the entire last minute of the video, & all the smiles flashed by the skaters throughout are my favorite parts :) Too cute.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Another new USFS video today:

2015 World Team - SKATING Actable Feature
U.S. Figure Skating
This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.
Published on Mar 6, 2015
The 2015 World Team was featured on the March cover of SKATING magazine.Go behind the scenes to the video shoot!
http://youtu.be/f4QD1A8NtcA?list=PL-CheZaoFWwThqVErbF0yC2X7WXZ5Wv4O (2:09)​

Although the video is unlisted, I presume that USFS would be happy for as many people as possible to see it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nineteen-second mini-video from USFS was posted today -- a montage of emotional on-ice reax from skaters at the conclusion of their programs in Greensboro. Rippon, Chock/Bates, Farris, Scimeca/Knierim, Wagner.

(From USFS FB page, although the point seems to be to promote IN for Worlds.)

ETA:

ICYMI, a nineteen-second USFS mini-montage of Kiss and Cry video from Greensboro has shots of Wagner, Scimeca/Knierim, Hawayek/Baker, Cesario, Brown, Bell, Rippon:

(Yes, it's also a not-so-thinly-disguised promo for IN.)​

Last edited:
golden411 said:
Although the video is unlisted, I presume that USFS would be happy for as many people as possible to see it.

USFS said:
This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.

Not clear exactly what USFS wants us to be considerate about, or what makes them happy or unhappy. Oh, well.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not clear exactly what USFS wants us to be considerate about, or what makes them happy or unhappy. Oh, well.

USFS definitely was/is sending mixed signals about this video.
I wish I had made note of how/where I first came across the unlisted link. I do remember that it was included in an official USFS social media post, although at this point, I have forgotten which platform.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yet another video of Nationals has been posted by the USFSA. This one has a bit too much editing for my taste, but I think it's fun they're posting in such excess :party2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yet another video of Nationals has been posted by the USFSA. This one has a bit too much editing for my taste, but I think it's fun they're posting in such excess :party2:

Doesn't meet Sam-Skwantch's approval :no:

Not enough Mariah Bell !!!!!!!!!!!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Just a bit. Way too much.

Doesn't meet Sam-Skwantch's approval :no:

Not enough Mariah Bell !!!!!!!!!!!

They may have not had enough footage. Not sure she was on the prime film list at the event, so may not have had as much backstage stuff. I think we may see more of her in the future.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Holy guacamole. How much sugar had this person had?!

Love the cute J fistbump, pre-FS.

Possibly a slightly awkward moment that they had the really tight shot on Adam's feet during the 4Lz, which only serves to make the << even more exceedingly obvious.

Golden will be pleased (I am too) because there is plenty of Max and Maddie and Max. And I love that Max's "death" has made it into basically every recap :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Holy guacamole. How much sugar had this person had?!

Love the cute J fistbump, pre-FS.

Possibly a slightly awkward moment that they had the really tight shot on Adam's feet during the 4Lz, which only serves to make the << even more exceedingly obvious.

Golden will be pleased (I am too) because there is plenty of Max and Maddie and Max. And I love that Max's "death" has made it into basically every recap :laugh:

Thx for the vid, satine :).
And thx, karne. Yes :yes:, very pleased to see Max and Maddie/Max.

Lots to like in this video -- with lots of respect to whoever must have put a lot of time and effort into it :bow: -- but agree with the comments about over-editing and overuse of effects.
I couldn't appreciate all the nice details, b/c too much was going on, sometimes too quickly.

Great to see so many skaters included.
But some faces went by too fast for them to register on me. I didn't catch Nathan Chen, for example, until I watched at quarter speed.
Or in the case of the one and only time Jessica/Zach were seen, why shoehorn a distracting image of Josh (one of my favorites) next to theirs for no apparent reason?

Agree that the three-way fist bumping of Josh, Jason, and Jeremy was a lovely and memorable moment.
Hadn't seen the one of Maia hugging Madi Chock either.

Too many split screens for my taste, but the sequential shots of Biellmanns leading up to the juxtaposition of five Biellmanns was eye-catching (and I don't even like Biellmanns, LOL).
And the split screen of Ashley's and Adam's joy at the end of their respective free skates was a creative choice that did make sense.

Last edited: