Tickets for Indiviual Events Worlds 2016 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Tickets for Indiviual Events Worlds 2016

winky97

Medalist
Sorry, it may be me being stupid, but I am not following? My old ticket I have had for over a week, since the 4th of December. Why would they have moved me?

You are not being stupid, but I cannot answer why they would do it. I just know that they have been moving people who have had tickets since the 4th. I bought my original seat on the 4th and assumed they would not move me, but they moved it for me today. I wish I had called them before I bought the new seat. They have moved other people who had seats as long as the 4th too.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
You are not being stupid, but I cannot answer why they would do it. I just know that they have been moving people who have had tickets since the 4th. I bought my original seat on the 4th and assumed they would not move me, but they moved it for me today. I wish I had called them before I bought the new seat. They have moved other people who had seats as long as the 4th too.

Oh, sorry, I have just realised that you must have left the word 'not' out of your first sentence i.e. '...you did NOT need to purchase a new ticket.' That was why why I wasn't following. Oh. Great. I just assumed that the rule was still in place otherwise why not post a note to customers? How annoying. Going to bed now, but will have a think.

ETA: I just read the FAQ again and realised that refunds only have the 72 hour rule, not exchanges. Sigh. So my own fault. I just jumped when I saw that I could get loge 1. I thought they'd go quick... Hopefully, I can offload my old loge 9 one somehow.

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Tammi, thx for all your help! I have 115 club BB for men's short and thinking of exchanging for loge 3 row 14 (if still available when office opens tomorrow). I'd love your (or anyone else's) opinion -- which would be a better live viewing experience?

kiches

Final Flight
Yes! Success calling ticket master. I had to wait about 10 min but the trick for me was calling at 8:50 PM on a Friday night. I purchased a seat that I wanted to exchange for b/c I got worried but an even better seat came up. I was able to cancel my original order AND exchange to the new better seat. Thanks for all the info everyone!

Bonesfan

On the Ice
I know the LOC will be working very hard on this, but with all due respect, I'm starting to get VERY nervous. I leave for the US in the second week of March, and a "late January" mailing would only give around six weeks from mailing to my departure. Shipping times between the US and AUS vary so wildly, I've had packages make it the next week and some taking eight weeks...

Karne - can you change your order to "Will Call"? That way no worries about the tickets arriving in the mail, losing them by accident, etc.

Unless I can get electronic tickets, I usually do Will Call.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just an update on possibly more individual session seats becoming available. Another ticketing outlet called PrimeSport is supposed to be coming on line soon with Worlds tickets. I don't know how they're packaging their tickets or what the cost will be, but I don''t think you'll be paying anywhere close to Stub Hub's outrageous rates. Something to keep an eye on and I'll update if/when I get more information.

As seen on the USFS Facebook page, PrimeSport ticket-only seats now are available. (Ticket-only as opposed to its previous offerings of ticket+hospitality pkgs.)

Thanks again to Tammi for so many informative posts.

Last edited:

Corin

Spectator
I just called the Ticketmaster fan support line about exchanging tickets and was denied? Rep told me that the event organizers are requesting no refunds / exchanges for the event? Am I missing something? How were you guys able to change your tickets? Was it just the luck of the draw with the rep?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just called the Ticketmaster fan support line about exchanging tickets and was denied? Rep told me that the event organizers are requesting no refunds / exchanges for the event? Am I missing something? How were you guys able to change your tickets? Was it just the luck of the draw with the rep?

Welcome to Golden Skate, Corin! Post often and long!

Hm, I wonder if that were a call from the LOC to stop allowing exchanges. I hope Tammi will be able to answer your question when she logs back on.

Otherwise, I'd try with a different rep. I'd find it hard to believe they suddenly would not allow it.

shyne

Final Flight
Maybe it's something the organizers requested recently? I had mine exchanged on Fri. When I called on Thur, the rep was not helpful at all (told me the ticket I wanted to exchangedoesn't exist, which is not true because I can see them on my computer and my friends got them 2 hrs later).
The one on Fri was much nicer, and helped me through the exchange process.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Is there a thread regarding ticket exchange? I would like to sell my ladies short program ticket since I'm most likely going to volunteer for the event. And it should be exchangeable onside ring it's ticketmaster

winky97

Medalist

I had a similar conversation the first day that I called, but called the next day and was allowed to exchange. I would try calling back and hope for a different rep. No refunds are allowed though so if you wanted money back they are not going to do that.

winky97

Medalist
Is there a thread regarding ticket exchange? I would like to sell my ladies short program ticket since I'm most likely going to volunteer for the event. And it should be exchangeable onside ring it's ticketmaster

There is a for sale thread where you can list your ticket, but honestly I would recommend listing it on stubhub. I had a balcony all event but purchased better seats for ladies. Sold my free on stubhub and have two other tickets listed there.

Last edited:

lbc2138

On the Ice
Thanks for the tips y'all! Another note. Is there anyone who's also going to volunteer for an event or two? I don't have any experience and was wondering if someone would mind sharing their experiences.

Candi

Rinkside
Is my first sign up for volunteer. Supposed get a call back after Christmas. Let's get in touch you can PM me.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Has anyone who purchased the section 2 row 1-10 gala tickets received a call or notice from either LOC or Ticketmaster yet? Because its been a week and still no notification and I haven't gotten a reply back via email yet.

You know, I don't mind that the tickets were released by mistake, but the least they could do was notify the customer ASAP so they can swap for better tickets. If I had planned to attend the gala and I bought front row seats, and if I had to wait weeks for them to tell me that the seat was not available and all I was left for me to choose from were back end seats I'd be beyond pissed. This is completely unprofessional as this was a big mistake on their part and I don't see any kind of urgency to assist their customers. :roll5:

anirien

Rinkside
Has anyone who purchased the section 2 row 1-10 gala tickets received a call or notice from either LOC or Ticketmaster yet? Because its been a week and still no notification and I haven't gotten a reply back via email yet.

You know, I don't mind that the tickets were released by mistake, but the least they could do was notify the customer ASAP so they can swap for better tickets. If I had planned to attend the gala and I bought front row seats, and if I had to wait weeks for them to tell me that the seat was not available and all I was left for me to choose from were back end seats I'd be beyond pissed. This is completely unprofessional as this was a big mistake on their part and I don't see any kind of urgency to assist their customers. :roll5:

I have tickets in that section and I haven't heard a peep from Ticketmaster. I've tried contacting them but with no luck so far (busy lines, unresponsive social media, etc). It's pretty frustrating not knowing what's happening.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I have tickets in that section and I haven't heard a peep from Ticketmaster. I've tried contacting them but with no luck so far (busy lines, unresponsive social media, etc). It's pretty frustrating not knowing what's happening.

:frown: And the holidays are coming, so who knows when they'll finally get in touch...:palmf:

Tammi

On the Ice

Just checking to see if you've received a call yet. I know that tickets in the same price category were set aside, so there were seats available for replacement that are not online. I can get in touch with my contact if you are still waiting however. It might help if you could PM me though with the name that your ticket purchase was under.