Virtue and Moir defend NHK title | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir defend NHK title

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A cut above the rest of the competition, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir defended their gold medal at the NHK Trophy with a combined 198.64 points on Sunday in Osaka. The Canadian ice dancers have torn through their opponents since returning to competition after a two-year break and have not tasted defeat since winning the silver at the Sochi Olympics.

More...

“We’re keeping track of the points,” Moir said. “We’re happy with our product and how we’re progressing, so we’ll go home and figure out how to pick up six more points. Coming out of the gates, this was a personal goal for me because of Skate Canada.”
“We felt really good,” said Hubbell. “It’s our first trip to Asia in a while, and that’s always challenging with the travel. Our practices weren’t what they normally are, but we did a good job of re-centering, not letting anything affect us and staying focused.”
“It’s always an honor to compete,” Cappellini said. “It’s the best crowd to skate in front of in the world. They’re very well educated, and it’s invitational, so whenever we’re selected to skate here, we’re just over the moon because we know it’s going to be an honor because of the ambience, the people are going to be great, and it will be impeccably organized.”
“We improved ourselves, but it’s never enough and we will continue to improve ourselves,” said Katsalapov, who won a bronze medal in the Sochi Olympics with Elena Ilinykh. “Not a lot of coaches like to use this music in ice dance, and this was the idea of all of our team. The audience is always great here. This time it was something special from the first day.”

What are your thoughts on the ice dance event?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It was nice to hear more about Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen. There was a very nice flamenco feel to their Spanish Caravans FD for me! I have always liked them.