Welcome to Akiko's Room | Golden Skate

Welcome to Akiko's Room

champs

Final Flight
Don't know how many on this forum are watching the NHK BS1 broadcast, but might as well start a thread for Akiko's Room so those who are watching it can throw in their comments.

champs

Final Flight
The first pair of guests are Kazuki Tomono and Hiroaki Sato.

Akiko's pointing out she spotted Kazuki writing the Kanji for a human being on his palm and swallowing it while he was waiting at the rink side before he stepped on the ice in the free.
Kazuki then explained that was part of his ritual that he always does before his skate.

champs

Final Flight
Hiroaki's doing research (for his undergrad study or just for fun?) on some properties of prime numbers, neither Akiko nor Kazuki had clue what prime numbers were.

Talked about their "My Booms" (things they are into right now), Hiroaki - prime numbers, Kazuki - window shopping and Exploring ramen restaurants.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Hiroaki Sato likes music, net radio, and prime numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirai and Jason!

champs

Final Flight
Thanks zanadude for joining in!

The second guests Jason Brown and Mirai Nagasu.

Jason was embarrassed when the video footage was shown in which Jason asked Satoko (who was stretching her muscles on a mattress) to check whether the Japanese message for Yuzu that he wrote on a paper board was grammatically correct. Mirai said with booing facial expression that she wasn't asked, indicating he didn't trust her Japanese. :)

champs

Final Flight
Jason said he wants to teach English to elementary school kids in Japan in the future. Akiko said she wants to be in that class.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Mirai wanted to draw three dogs, but somehow ended up with a dog, a cat, and a bear…

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Mirai was also embarassed when Akiko pointed out that she could hear her talking to herself in the middle of her free program to psyche herself up.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I assume all the people we see on this program will also participate in the exhibition?

champs

Final Flight
The third guest is Carolina Kostner! She explained how she so wanted to be back in competitions at the high level that she used to be at.

Talking about her appreciation of the support from the audience, and also how everybody has their own set of challenges regardless of age, how younger skaters bring her lots of motivations, and how this sport gave me important lesssons in life.

She's showing her drawing and asking the hosts what she drew. The male announcer guessed it right for his second try; it was a pizza. She said she's good at making pizzas.

champs

Final Flight
Next are the two ice Dance couples representing Japan.

Showing a snippet of Muramoto/Reed's SD where Kana's arm bands were sliding off and she barely but naturally managed to keep them from falling off her arm.

champs

Final Flight
Yeah Chris's japanese hasn't improved much, I wish he would just speak English and let the interpreter behind him do her job.

champs

Final Flight
NHK set the Domo-kun body in the backstage hallway with a camcorder attached to it, and now they showed what this camcorder recorded, lots of skaters as they pass it by waved hands and made funny faces in front.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Yeah Chris's japanese hasn't improved much, I wish he would just speak English and let the interpreter behind him do her job.

It seems like a chore to him. I'd rather listen to Jason, who is less technically proficient, but really seems to want to speak it, and want to get better.

Mirai's only problem is vocabulary. Her pronunciation is completely normal.

champs

Final Flight
The next guest is Satoko Miyahara. Briefly talked about her comeback, now explaining window shopping is what she likes to do on holidays.

Next are the two pairs representing Japan. Kinda general comments such as what it's like to be skating at the NHK Trophy and recollecting things they didn't do well in the competition.

Akiko's pointing out the age gap between the pair, Ryuichi mentioned Miu always calls him "ossan (mid-aged man in Japanese)" , to which Akiko (who had long known Ryuichi since they were kids as Ryuichi used to be a singles skater based in Nagoya.) nods, saying yes he indeed already is an ossan Lol.

Francis seems to be into infinite integration! (On the paper board he wrote the integral from zero to positive infinity of e^tdt and L(t), some time of infinite series I guess?)

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Too bad there are no YOI questions…but it's NHK, so it can't be helped.

Lambiel is the highlight of this show.