Which man will win (and medal) at Worlds? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which man will win (and medal) at Worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
If I was going to make a prediction I would say 1. Shoma 2. Nathan 3. Boyang however I would not be surprised by any order of those three. My biggest hope for worlds is that they are all able to skate well and have a good showdown. It'll be disappointing if any one of them bombs. Especially hoping Nathan can do a clean short program as a redemption. Shoma is my personal favorite but I think I would be happy when any order of these three on the podium.

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Nathan gets no hate bashing from me, nor does any other skater. I was just unhappy about the way Boyang was compared to him in the media. Has nothing to do with the guys themselves. May the best one win! But as a fan I prefer Boyang. But deliverance is all. That's the excitement, not the hypes around a skater (which they can't help or prevent in any case).[

Yes, you are absolutely correct. That's my only problem with the hate bashing! Its usually the media and federations or commentators that are hyping the skaters up and comparing them (as is expected since it is competition). Now if a certain skater does behave and talk alot of hype or say the are better than others.....then by all means, let the gravy train of haters proceed.

Boyang, Shoma, and Nathan all have been favorites of mine for different reasons, and they each seem to be very well rounded and kind people. With that said, I do think with the withdrawal of the "veterans", this Worlds will give all of us a glimpse into the next four years of men's skating. And i'm very excited for all of them.

iorii

On the Ice
Shoma for me! I'm rooting for all the boys though! I just hope they'll skate clean and be happy of their performance by the end of competition :)

Danibellerika

Medalist
I would like some Kolyada redemption and for him to land himself on the podium with solid performances. As for a win, it's kind of a toss up but I like Shoma's chances. He could follow in his sempai Dai's footsteps and get a world title to follow up with his Olympic medal.

vavavoom

Rinkside
Shoma has the highest score this season, and that is taking into account guys who will not be there.

He seems like the favorite to take it all, but personally I also prefer Boyang, it is more the question of taste but in terms of jumps, I really prefer them higher...that is why, a strong skater like Shoma is more difficult to be appreciated and loved, the same way I enjoy Satoko, but do not fully like her jumps. Nathan should complete the top 3.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think Dmitri Aliev may have a surprise podium finish.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
So fans of Nathan are now not supposed to openly root for him or hope/predict that he wins, on a discussion board, because that puts him under too much pressure? By discussing our hopes and well wishes for an athlete on an internet discussion board, somehow we are not "letting him just skate?"

Please think about how ridiculous this is. :scratch3:

WineHerUp

On the Ice
There's nothing wrong with hyping up your faves and wanting them to do well. The issue here is that many Nathan fans have a tendency to act as if he's the gold favorite for every competition and completely disregard athletes with better track records. He's good but he's not that good.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I can see the titles of articles:
1. Boyang Jin : "First Chinese man world champion ever"
2. Nathan Chen: "First American medalist in 9 years"
3. Shoma Uno: "Uno carries Japanese men figure skating in Milan"

LadyB

Record Breaker
Whatever happens, it will be very interesting to watch. Maybe even more than before in terms of outcome, although I'll terribly miss Javi and Yuzu. I'm hoping Shoma wins, but hey, whoever comes up with the best/cleanest programme.

Personally, I keep my fingers firmly crossed for Misha and Dima. I'd be very happy for either of them to have a podium finish.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I can see the titles of articles:
1. Boyang Jin : "First Chinese man world champion ever"
2. Nathan Chen: "First American medalist in 9 years"
3. Sigma Uno: "Uno carries Japanese men figure skating in Milan"

Spot on. I also feel that if Boyang Jin wins, the narrative will be "wow that was out of nowhere!" even though he's already a two time medalist, and if Nathan wins it will be "as expected of the quad king" even though it will be his first WC medal. Perhaps I will be foolishly proven wrong of course :laugh:

Spot on. I also feel that if Boyang Jin wins, the narrative will be "wow that was out of nowhere!" even though he's already a two time medalist, and if Nathan wins it will be "as expected of the quad king" even though it will be his first WC medal. Perhaps I will be foolishly proven wrong of course :laugh:

And then he'll be coming out of nowhere in WC19, too. :rofl:

Diahpam

Rinkside
My dream brand new WGM would be Boyang. Then silver/bronze btween shoma and nathan.
But on top of all, i cannot wait for the media machine frenzy 🤣

pearlroad

Rinkside
I hope Boyang wins! I love his programs so much and it would be nice if he can finally get that recognition.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I hope Boyang wins and Dima will be on podium, but this is my wish .:pray:

realistically, I think Nathan will have redemption and gets title.

Status
Not open for further replies.