Who can defeat the Russian Women in 2021-22? | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Who can defeat the Russian Women in 2021-22?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you equate being honest to being a troll, then so be it. I find nothing outrageous with having a win at any cost attitude in high level sports especially. Nothing at all. Competitors shouldn’t be there to play nice.

I know a lot of folks don‘t watch any sports besides figure skating so they might not see the sports world outside the FS bubble.

I like Kamila too actually. And she is the gold medal favorite and rightfully so.

If she steamrolls Anna, I’ll be the first to applaud her.

Kamila‘s goal should be to steamroll Anna actually. To crush her spirit and her will to continue on.

The issue for is not so much opinions about skaters, (ETA: as of course we all have different opinions and that is why we are here :biggrin:) but attributing opinions to made-up or stereotypical life experiences of others.

I watch plenty of other sports. To say that someone holds opinions different than yours because they do not watch or know other sports would be simply wrong, and undercuts your own opinion.

I know from tough, from hearty, from winning mindsets, etc. To say that someone who holds a different opinion from you has no experience in this, or doesn’t understand this, is simply wrong, and undercuts your own opinion.

No poster on this Board knows the life experience of another. Why risk making yourself look bad by pretending you do? We have plenty to disagree about in opinions. ;)

and thank heavens every competetive, gold winning, victorious skater that I know of (mostly from the men’s discipline) has no desire to crush the spirit of other skaters. They sincerely believe in sportsmanship and don’t dismiss it as “playing nice”.

I admire those champions greatly. :)

now back to who can beat the Russian women

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The issue for is not so much opinions about skaters, (ETA: as of course we all have different opinions and that is why we are here :biggrin:) but attributing opinions to made-up or stereotypical life experiences of others.

I watch plenty of other sports. To say that someone holds opinions different than yours because they do not watch or know other sports would be simply wrong, and undercuts your own opinion.

I know from tough, from hearty, from winning mindsets, etc. To say that someone who holds a different opinion from you has no experience in this, or doesn’t understand this, is simply wrong, and undercuts your own opinion.

No poster on this Board knows the life experience of another. Why risk making yourself look bad by pretending you do? We have plenty to disagree about in opinions. ;)

and thank heavens every competetive, gold winning, victorious skater that I know of (mostly from the men’s discipline) has no desire to crush the spirit of other skaters. They sincerely believe in sportsmanship and don’t dismiss it as “playing nice”.

I admire those champions greatly. :)

now back to who can beat the Russian women

That’s why I didn’t say all.

Maybe it got a little unfocused, sure, but the point was that Anna was right, I don’t mind crushing your opponents and sportsmanship is up to the officials to police, not the athletes. A killer instinct can be based on many things. I’m Machiavellian when it comes to sports.

Sportsmanship is a bonus, not the goal.

It’s not a popular opinion, but you rather me just lie?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That’s why I didn’t say all.

Maybe it got a little unfocused, sure, but the point was that Anna was right, I don’t mind crushing your opponents and sportsmanship is up to the officials to police, not the athletes. A killer instinct can be based on many things. I’m Machiavellian when it comes to sports.

Sportsmanship is a bonus, not the goal.

It’s not a popular opinion, but you rather me just lie?
No, I think if that is your opinion, it is your opinion and you should advocate for it.

And expect posters to disagree with you, which I think you do. Although I don't want to inaccurately ascribe personal traits.😁

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, I think if that is your opinion, it is your opinion and you should advocate for it.

And expect posters to disagree with you, which I think you do. Although I don't want to inaccurately ascribe personal traits.😁

And I want you take it apart. I do read all the disagreements. It’s good to have my ideas challenged. Do want to see different points of view.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mishin’s team just withdrew from Austria because some of their skaters experienced fever symptoms.
Zhenya S seems to be back in so I'm not sure what's happening with Team Mishin. But 🤞 that if anyone's ill it's just a normal cold. Fevers are symptoms of a lot of things, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Plus, you're probably not allowed to travel anyway.

That's a question though, if you had a runmy nose and cough but your COVID test was negative would you still not be able to travel?

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you want a number to encapsulate what a tough task a non Russian has, the best odds for a non Russian winning the Olympics is 50 to 1.

2%

mrrice

Record Breaker
Absolutely No One! Just look at the events the Russian Ladies have been to. The Gold Medalist is always from Russia. I think these games will be exciting as the tech level is so much higher than it has ever been.

Lzbee

Final Flight
If you want a number to encapsulate what a tough task a non Russian has, the best odds for a non Russian winning the Olympics is 50 to 1.

2%
That's cos they have to beat Kamila.

But if they need to beat any other Russian, it is maybe possible. They need to be squeaky clean, because they won't have RusFed level padding, but nobody has stepped up when the Russian girls have made mistakes.