Who is going to Skate America? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who is going to Skate America?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jealous! Which hotel is that? Not so that I can creep on you... but so that I can creep on the skaters. :laugh:

Crown Plaza Hotel. Lol. I was psyched as well when I found out. I know it is cause it had the sign near the front desk that talked about Skaters Accrediation or something like that....for a room. I'm stoked lol.

And the thing is that my mom picked the hotel that she, my dad, and I are staying in. So I thanked her.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Crown Plaza Hotel. Lol. I was psyched as well when I found out. I know it is cause it had the sign near the front desk that talked about Skaters Accrediation or something like that....for a room. I'm stoked lol.

And the thing is that my mom picked the hotel that she, my dad, and I are staying in. So I thanked her.

Have you spotted any skaters yet?:biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have you spotted any skaters yet?:biggrin:

No. BUT tomorrow I'll stay in the lobby tomorrow with my virology textbook, autograph book, a pen, and my phone so I can get pics with skaters if I can. I'm going to be productive AND have fun at the same time. I hope that's not too creepy.

Though I saw someone who works on the medical team for the Canadian team.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For those who like tchotchkes and such:

Local merchants in Lake Placid seem to be participating in a promotional thing for Skate America -- involving trading cards (baseball-type cards) with photos of the Skate America entries :cool:.

Tonight I saw flyers in a number of shop windows that said something like, "Collect all 42 trading cards."

On a short walk along Main Street, I passed by windows with flyers for (IIRC) Satoko; the Parsons; Yu/Zhang; Jin; Voronov; Kovtun; Sinitsina/Katsalapov; Sadovsky; Knierims; Stellato/Bartholomay; etc.

I have no idea how exactly the promotion works -- whether the cards themselves are for sale ... or whether a purchase is required to get a free card ... or whether some other kind of arrangement is in place???
(All the stores were closed tonight as I walked past, so I could not ask anyone.
But I hope to snag a Satoko card :pray: at some point this week.)​

(BTW, not to be confused with the Topps trading cards of Olympic hopefuls from the U.S. -- which will go on sale in January.
Adam Rippon's Instagram story showed him signing his name over and over for the Topps cards.)

FWIW:
Today it was verrrrrry cold in the 1932 rink.
The competition will take place in the 1980 rink, but I plan to layer up just in case.​

ETA:

This schedule from the Facebook pages for USFS/2017 Skate America includes some extra information that I had not seen publicized elsewhere (except for the FOFS breakfast, as discussed here on GS):

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24
1:30 – 4:00pm – FANFEST (Ballroom D Lake Placid Conference Center)
5:15 pm – Doors open for session 1
5:15 – 5:45pm – Athlete autograph session (hallway outside of Main 1980 Rink entrance, ticket holders only)

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26
11:00 – 2:00pm – FANFEST (Ballroom D LPCC)
12-12:45pm – Bridgestone Clutch Performance Chalk Talk
1:00 pm – Doors open for session 2

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
Practices:
8:45 – 11:00am – Exhibition practice (CLOSED PRACTICE TO ALL)
10:00 – 1:00pm – FANFEST (Ballroom D Lake Placid Conference Center)
12:15 – 1:00pm – Bridgestone Clutch Performance Chalk Talk
11:00 – 1:00 pm – Learn to Skate USA Skatefest (Free and open to the public, free group lessons register here: https://fs12.formsite.com/USFSAIT/form2051/index.html)
11:00 – 1:00 pm – Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast (Edelweiss Room, LPCC) (Open to members only, become a member at www.friendsoffigureskating.com )
1:00 pm – Doors open for session 4
1:00 – 1:30 pm - Athlete autograph session (hallway outside of Main 1980 Rink entrance, ticket holders only)

https://www.facebook.com/events/354833704950754/

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No. BUT tomorrow I'll stay in the lobby tomorrow with my virology textbook, autograph book, a pen, and my phone so I can get pics with skaters if I can. I'm going to be productive AND have fun at the same time. I hope that's not too creepy.

Though I saw someone who works on the medical team for the Canadian team.

EDIT: This morning I saw a few. I saw Cappellini/Lanotte. I recognized Tiffany Zagorski cause of her hair.

shine

Record Breaker
Does anyone know of any official practice sessions will be held in the 1932 rink? I had thought everything would be at the main rink.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm at the official practices and I started giggling when I heard "I can't dance" cause it reminded me of Kovtun's SP from the 2015-16 season.

Depechemode

Spectator
Hi! I am new here. I am going Sunday for session 4 and 5! It will be my first live figure skating event and I am really excited! I am an adult figure skater and I can't wait to see these amazing athletes in person.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the practices on Saturday are open to people with an all event ticket?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if the practices on Saturday are open to people with an all event ticket?

Yes. It's open. Only the exhibition practices are closed (read somewhere, can't remember).

ETA--didn't read it, it was announced in the arena long day :laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of the EX, I hope Misha Ge will perform. He's in LP helping Team Russia and I saw him at practice with Inna G.