Who's going to Skate America? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's going to Skate America?

nguyhm

On the Ice
We are also in section 116. Heh, great minds think alike, I guess. We won't be there till Friday practices though.

Does anyone know of the arena is cold or warm?
I will give an update on the temperature in the arena on Thursday when I go there to watch practices.
FYI - the temperatures outside will be in the low 80s during the day and in the 50s at night. Welcome to Texas :cheer:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A slight change in plans. I thought we would be attending the Thursday practices, but we are staying 40 minutes away (in Flower Mound, TX), where my husband's cousin lives. Therefore we will start attending the events (& hopefully @ least some of the practices) on Friday.

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, I'm curious about the rink temperature, too. Please let us know! My app says it's going to be almost 90 and sunny in Dallas this weekend. ☀️👙

I plan to do margs by the pool during the day and head to the rink in the afternoon.... I have limited space in my carryon, so I'm hoping I can get away with a hoodie in the rink. But I suppose I can sacrifice a swimsuit for a heavier coat if necessary!

Last edited:

Carol1

Medalist
My friend Kathy regularly attends her daughter's shows and competitions at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center (I had to google to remember the whole name--pass the Prevagen!). She says a warm cashmere hoodie, perhaps from Talbot's, is the most she's needed to stay comfortable. I'm packing a light quilted Vera Bradley jacket but I may take it off if I get hot during the mens event.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know when the practices begin on Friday? We're not sure of the exact time we'll arrive @ the arena, but we would like to be able to see some of the practice sessions if possible.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Does anyone know when the practices begin on Friday? We're not sure of the exact time we'll arrive @ the arena, but we would like to be able to see some of the practice sessions if possible.
Doors open at 10:30 Friday, practices start 11. Source: USFS email

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I'm packing a light quilted Vera Bradley jacket but I may take it off if I get hot during the mens event.
Which you might, given that the Georgian fellow rips open his shirt at the climactic moment in his free :)

(Personally, I think I will be laughing too hard at that moment to overheat, but you never know.) Really looking forward to having a blast at this comp!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Omg, guys! Booking.com canceled 80 reservations without telling anyone at Courtyard Marriot including ours!!! If you are staying there, call to find out in advance. On the fun note, I had Shun Sato patient,y waiting for me to find that out, loool.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg, guys! Booking.com canceled 80 reservations without telling anyone at Courtyard Marriot including ours!!! If you are staying there, call to find out in advance. On the fun note, I had Shun Sato patient,y waiting for me to find that out, loool.
Did you get a chance to interact with Shun or was he simply waiting behind you? I actually had a chance to interact with him back at Skate America '21. He was sitting in the stands near some other Team Japan members, but he looked so glum that I felt it would be best to not ask him for an autograph or anything. :( I still wonder sometimes whether I could have cheered him up or not...

I'm really sorry to hear about your reservation issues. Fyi, it's always best to book with the hotel directly. That way you are less likely to deal with any unexpected changes to your reservation and if any changes do occur, you won't need to go through a third party to deal with them. Learned this from a friend who used to work in the hotel industry. 😉

I'm not there, but I hope you have fun watching the skating and get to spot more skaters!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Did you get a chance to interact with Shun or was he simply waiting behind you? I actually had a chance to interact with him back at Skate America '21. He was sitting in the stands near some other Team Japan members, but he looked so glum that I felt it would be best to not ask him for an autograph or anything. :( I still wonder sometimes whether I could have cheered him up or not...

I'm really sorry to hear about your reservation issues. Fyi, it's always best to book with the hotel directly. That way you are less likely to deal with any unexpected changes to your reservation and if any changes do occur, you won't need to go through a third party to deal with them. Learned this from a friend who used to work in the hotel industry. 😉

I'm not there, but I hope you have fun watching the skating and get to spot more skaters!
No, no, I just stepped aside to let the guy grab his key 😄

We'll never book through 3rd party again, that's for sure. Anyway, we will be a bit farther away but it's behind us. We are ready to go and have fun in a few hours.

nguyhm

On the Ice
We're sitting in the section closest to the skaters entrance during the practice sessions. Our "real" seats for the competition are in Section 115, Row B, Seats 3 & 4. I'm wearing a black faux leather jacket. I hope to meet some members this weekend.
I am in section 116 row F seats 1&2 - will you be in your seats for practices?