Withdrawals, Replacements, and Alternates | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Withdrawals, Replacements, and Alternates

Ziotic

Medalist
Hase/Seegert have only one spot, so they are in substitutes, just after Ruest & Wolfe CAN.

They got SA and IDF, replace Yu/Zhang for both their assignments

Rudest/Wolfe got the other IDF so they and H/S have 2 assignments. Stellano/Bartholomay only have 1 assignment.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
That’s a little shady to skip over two teams and give another team two events when they had none before.

Its not like FRA and USA feds have to inform each other which team they are inviting. They just happened to pick the same substitute. Good for H&S.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I hope Lu/Mitrofanov at least get the host pick. They totally deserve a GP, especially considering the US' lack of depth in pairs.

They lost to several other U.S. teams at Skate Detroit in both the SP and the LP. So there is no "totally deserve" in this picture. L&M could have made a great argument for themselves there, but they didn't make it. I'm not sure the junior results will be enough without a top summer score.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Rooting for Suzaki/Kihara to get a second assignment. Why does the lineup before them have to be so long... :furious:

haribobo

On the Ice
And here is the current status of the Pairs list (USA's S/B and L/M both got a spot today)- the minimum score for a GP is D/K's score, so there won't be any more below them...there are 5 more spots (I am including the TdF spot for Esbrat/Novoselov) to be filled, plus the USA TBD

41 Lu & Mitrofanov - NHK
42 Walsh & Michaud - SC
43 Pfund & Santillan
44 Suzaki & Kihara - NHK
47 Barquero & Maestu
50 Zhang & Song
53 Danilova & Kamianchuk

Ziotic

Medalist
And here is the current status of the Pairs list (USA's S/B and L/M both got a spot today)- the minimum score for a GP is D/K's score, so there won't be any more below them...there are 5 more spots (I am including the TdF spot for Esbrat/Novoselov) to be filled, plus the USA TBD

41 Lu & Mitrofanov - NHK
42 Walsh & Michaud - SC
43 Pfund & Santillan
44 Suzaki & Kihara - NHK
47 Barquero & Maestu
50 Zhang & Song
53 Danilova & Kamianchuk

I’m pretty sure Li/Xie will also be eligible for a second spot.

Andrea82

Medalist

41 Lu & Mitrofanov - NHK
42 Walsh & Michaud - SC
43 Pfund & Santillan
44 Suzaki & Kihara - NHK
47 Barquero & Maestu
50 Zhang & Song
53 Danilova & Kamianchuk

I see Finland renounced to their host pick (expected given they don't have any pair right now).

Host pick at Skate America, one at IdF (were E/N host pick? If so Didier may wait until Masters de France in September before deciding if one of their 2 pairs is worthy/hasn't unnerved him), 2 spots at Helsinki...where is the 5th available spot?

I’m pretty sure Li/Xie will also be eligible for a second spot.

has it established how Li/Xie were eligible for their first spot?

Ziotic

Medalist
has it established how Li/Xie were eligible for their first spot?

He would have been 37 on SB list with his previous partner. I’m pretty sure that’s how they are eligible.

It would put them ahead of all those who are left.

Nirti

Medalist
53 Danilova & Kamianchuk

Although I didn't remember if there was an official announcement, it seems that Danilova & Kamianchuk splitted after the last Nebelhorn Trophy, where they failed to qualify for Olympics

Andrea82

Medalist
He would have been 37 on SB list with his previous partner. I’m pretty sure that’s how they are eligible.

It would put them ahead of all those who are left.

I suppose it is the case.
But they forgot to write it in the rules when they published the General Announcement.

If I've not mistaken, the "split couples" are mentioned only once. In the following passage:

Return of a Split Couple - “Returning Split Couple”
Pairs or Dance Couples, who were previously in the top 7 to 12 of an ISU World Figure Skating Championships in the past two seasons (2016/17 or 2017/18) but who split and now have a new partner, may always be chosen as an Organizing ISU Member Skater as per paragraph 2.2. f) and in addition, may be considered as an Organizing ISU Member’s Choice as per paragraph 2.2. g). They will be ranked in the list of Grand Prix Season’s Best scores by taking the season’s points of their partnership with their most recent previous partner, if proof is given in writing by their ISU Member that they intend to continue their competitive career and their return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection Meeting. Such Pairs/Dance Couples are defined as a “Returning Split Couple” and such Returning Split Couples do not need to fulfill the requirement of a minimum Grand Prix score.

https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...9/17598-gp-general-announcement-2018-19-final

So those who were 7-12th at 2016/17 and 2017/18 World Championships can be considered with their new partner....but those who were 1-6 are not mentioned!
I assume it is due to some "cut and past" problems :palmf:

wanpe

On the Ice
Update on Isu website:

Li/Xie got Finland

Rajcova withdraws from both her GPs

Rajcova withdrew? Hope she's okay :pray:
Now I wonder who'll get her spots :think:, wishing to see Eunsoo Lim at either Finlandia or SA

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
No way it'll happen but if Ekaterina Kurakova is indeed skating for Poland, I wish she'd get one. But there's no way she could :(

Country
Russia
Update on Isu website:
Rajcova withdraws from both her GPs

Possible substitutes to Event 1 (US ladies are not eligible, last digit is number of existing Event)
34 186.34 Eunsoo LIM KOR 5
46 175.71 Hanul KIM KOR
48 174.82 Xiangning LI 4
54 172.41 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 2
55 171.40 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 6

Possible substitutes to Event 3
39 183.85 Angela WANG USA 4
41 182.57 Courtney HICKS USA 4
46 175.71 Hanul KIM KOR
48 174.82 Xiangning LI 4
52 172.65 Starr ANDREWS USA 1

(Russian and Japanese ladies are not eligible, they have 3 entries at both Events, while there are 6 Ladies - 3 Japanese, 3 Russians - who have higher Season Best, places 26 to 33, but they may pretend only if their nations skaters WD)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Possible substitutes to Events 1 and 3
46 175.71 Hanul KIM
48 174.82 Xiangning LI 4

(Russian and Japanese ladies are not eligible, they have 3 entries at both Events)

To elaborate Wang, Hicks and Andrews would only be eligible for Finland since SA had three US ladies (and Starr is already there).

Ziotic

Medalist
Possible substitutes to Events 1 and 3
46 175.71 Hanul KIM
48 174.82 Xiangning LI 4

(Russian and Japanese ladies are not eligible, they have 3 entries at both Events)

The SA will almost certainly go to Eunsoo, she trains in the US and the American ladies aren’t really options as they already have 2USA + their TBD.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Muramoto/Reed split, so openings at NHK and Rostelecom for Ice Dance.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
We have 5 possible openings on the GP for ice dance, but none of the countries have had their teams crossed off yet.