Worlds 2017 Ladies’ Watch Party; SP Tues 5/12, LP Wed 5/13 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Ladies’ Watch Party; SP Tues 5/12, LP Wed 5/13

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I had the stream on in the background, and have two thoughts. First, fabulous audience (their support for Pogorilaya was so touching), and second, those Canadian ladies really brought it. Coming from a cold climate themselves, the Scandinavian atmosphere must have felt like home to them.

Also, this wasn’t all that long ago, but the whole look of ladies’ skating has changed so much since then!

cell

On the Ice
I had the stream on in the background, and have two thoughts. First, fabulous audience (their support for Pogorilaya was so touching), and second, those Canadian ladies really brought it. Coming from a cold climate themselves, the Scandinavian atmosphere must have felt like home to them.

Also, this wasn’t all that long ago, but the whole look of ladies’ skating has changed so much since then!

It honestly looks like another era, it looked like Medvedeva would be dominant for a while, as she had that aura of being unbeatable... all changed next year

Most of the skaters from 2017 Worlds are either gone or not a factor

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Which is probably why now I'm just bored 99% of the time watching the women. Just bored. And that's far more lethal than being angry at the changes. I can't even be bothered because I'm just so bored.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It honestly looks like another era, it looked like Medvedeva would be dominant for a while, as she had that aura of being unbeatable... all changed next year

Most of the skaters from 2017 Worlds are either gone or not a factor

I'd say IT IS another Era. I still hope that Ladies like Mai or Loena will be able to comeback after recovering, though.

sparklestan

On the Ice
I forgot how big Kaetlyn’s jumps were!

It’s crazy how Karen Chen got 4th at worlds with less than 200 points...this year she was only like 8th at 4CC w the same-ish score

cell

On the Ice
I forgot how big Kaetlyn’s jumps were!

It’s crazy how Karen Chen got 4th at worlds with less than 200 points...this year she was only like 8th at 4CC w the same-ish score

Tech requirements have really gone up. Evgenia with her 2 triple triples was invincible... today it's totatll not a big deal as everyone and their dog can do that.

milkgirl

On the Ice
It was a great competition for the Canadian Ladies! What happened to Gabby since then, poor skater.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So much good stuff, how things had changed for a Canadian ladies... certainly was their night.

Poor Anna though, hard to watch.