Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Late again as usual but I've been watching the FS Pairs WC 2017 just now. First of all.. Aljona and Bruno's Lighthouse. Wonderful. To be honest, I liked their performance at Euros better, but this one is still well deserving of Silver. I think Sui/Han won deservedly in the end, but it was close. Very close, and that's also deservedly so. Nice when one realises that a year later the difference between them would be even closer, but in favour of the Germans. I loved Evgenia and Vladimir too. Especially when one realises that she had very recent stitches due to a mishap at training. I love their programme (not talking about costumes), and their closeness (which they haven't been able to hold up regrettably). Ksenia and Fedor had a great skate; such a pity their SP was awful. Still, they did an 'Asada' and managed to get a small medal for their Free. Hurrah! I just realised how much I am missing Xiaoyo...such a delicate, elegant lady and I mean this in a posituve way. I liked Valentina and Ondrej, although their very best was still to come. Charlie and Julianne made me cry, though mostly because I know what's going to happen next. And the other Canadians? Kudos for Eric who was injured, and still managed to rank seventh. And Lubov and Dylan? so beautiful. Not error free, but still just lovely to watch.

Yeah, great to watch this event a a whole again. I hope you'll forgive me for my rambling.