Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Pairs Watch Party—SP Sun May 10, LP Mon May 11, 6 AM EDT

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
No clue. Will ask in Chinese Team thread what is her status now. I'm bitter they ruined her career.

With Beijing not so far away and there not being a strong new senior/soon-to-move-up junior team for the third pair spot they'd better find her a partner ASAP, I mean why waste her talent

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My stream is lagging so much I want to beat someone.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Such a beautiful program

Yup. And their Olympics programs were the best set of programs as well. I wonder if they know just how much they owe the choreographers. The program hide what wasn't so great, and highlight the good things. Excatly what every skater wants.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So, unpopular opinion: I'm meh on this program. It's not bad, I just don't feel that Bridge Over Troubled Water fits Sui/Han and their fierce charisma. The song is too orthodox, for a lack of a better word, for them imo :slink:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So, unpopular opinion: I'm meh on this program. It's not bad, I just don't feel that Bridge Over Troubled Water fits Sui/Han and their fierce charisma. The song is too orthodox, for a lack of a better word, for them imo :slink:

There's a lot of truth in what you said, unfortunately. I liked it, but they didn't make it theirs. Still, I think their Olympics set of programs were even more unfortunate. S/M got a lot of advantage, because ther FP was a masterpiece.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
There's a lot of truth in what you said, unfortunately. I liked it, but they didn't make it theirs. Still, I think their Olympics set of programs were even more unfortunate. S/M got a lot of advantage, because ther FP was a masterpiece.

I very much liked Hallelujah, Nessun Dorma not so much. But then, La terre vue du ciel is a masterpiece so Nessun Dorma did pale in comparison

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I enjoyed watching this one very much. SM were gearing up for the Olympics :) but I got a bit upset seeing Ilyushechkina doing so well after the latest short end of the stick life handed her.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Better late than never...finally watched the SP Pairs. So, no I did not take part in this wonderful watch party (although I read the comments). I am too late, but I still wish to comment. First of all, considering still active pairs...the progress is just unbelievable. I've always been a fan of Zoe and Christopher, but they are so much better today. I had totally forgotten their not so good SP in 2017. I remembered their comradeship, their togetherness, but not that their skate was so bad. Zoe's unhappiness, and Christopher's comforting her are very moving. These two are friends, that's obvious. I enjoyed the Japanese couple (who just missed on qualification for the Free, but skated very well). Y/H were superb here, I always love Xiaoyo, she's so elegant. I really miss her. And isn't it just wonderful that although H/S and Z/k did not qualify, they still had quite good skates? And their progress since then, is phenomenal. Of course it saddens me that some of those pairs (too many of them) are no longer together. Ksenia and Fedor were devastating to watch (that's one of the skates I did remember, regrettably). Aljona and Bruno's version of 'That man' in 2017/2018 is so much better than this one, and Sui and Han were fabulous. I really enjoyed seeing Liubov and Dylan again (they really were a great team) while I remember Megan and Eric not being at their best (Eric was injured), although I happen to like their programme. And then there's Natalya and Alexander...so nice to watch again. Great evening for me, despite some mishaps (Haven and Brandon anyone?).

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
By the way, I'm planning to comment on the FS as well..if only because I do love lighthouse.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Better late than never...finally watched the SP Pairs. So, no I did not take part in this wonderful watch party (although I read the comments). I am too late, but I still wish to comment. First of all, considering still active pairs...the progress is just unbelievable. I've always been a fan of Zoe and Christopher, but they are so much better today. I had totally forgotten their not so good SP in 2017. I remembered their comradeship, their togetherness, but not that their skate was so bad. Zoe's unhappiness, and Christopher's comforting her are very moving. These two are friends, that's obvious. I enjoyed the Japanese couple (who just missed on qualification for the Free, but skated very well). Y/H were superb here, I always love Xiaoyo, she's so elegant. I really miss her. And isn't it just wonderful that although H/S and Z/k did not qualify, they still had quite good skates? And their progress since then, is phenomenal. Of course it saddens me that some of those pairs (too many of them) are no longer together. Ksenia and Fedor were devastating to watch (that's one of the skates I did remember, regrettably). Aljona and Bruno's version of 'That man' in 2017/2018 is so much better than this one, and Sui and Han were fabulous. I really enjoyed seeing Liubov and Dylan again (they really were a great team) while I remember Megan and Eric not being at their best (Eric was injured), although I happen to like their programme. And then there's Natalya and Alexander...so nice to watch again. Great evening for me, despite some mishaps (Haven and Danny anyone?).

I'm so glad to see that someone else does that. I always have to struggle not to say "Haven and Denney." :laugh: Someone said Haven and Brandon never lived this Worlds down and not making the FS. I think that's right. I remember being puzzled as to why they didn't get better PC scores on their beautiful performances where they mostly did well on their technique. I think unfortunately they were a case where judges, (?) had made up their minds about the team. Oh well, I wish Haven the best and hope she's doing well and happy... or at least on the way there -- as I've noticed so many skaters have a tough go of it for a while before they can dream up another future for themselves. Someone said that Haven wanted to skate with sister Caydee in shows. I really hope that's happening. Maybe a good way to ease out/in.

I hope you'll comment on the FS. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.