World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan | Golden Skate

World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan

aynia

On the Ice
A thread for those going to World's in Milan.

Info on public transportation, prohibited items in the arena, recommended restaurants, distribution of fan articles....

Fans who would like to meet other fans can post here too. :)

aynia

On the Ice
There is currently little information about what is allowed / not allowed to take into Mediolanum Forum.

I only found restrictions concerning photography. Excerpt from the FAQ on www.milano2018.com:

Spectators can take pictures for personal use. The following is not permitted:
• Flash photography
• The use of cameras that interfere with other fans’ enjoyment, including monopods, tripods and bulky equipment
• The resale of photography
• The recording of videos

I haven't found any information on the Mediolanum Forum's webpage.

Please post if you know more - thanks. :)

aynia

On the Ice
Public transportation / ATM

To get to Mediolanum Forum from the city a CUMULATIVO U + ZONA1 ticket is needed:

Cumulative single ticket "U* + 1 Zone", valid for 105 minutes from stamping, price 2.50 €.

I think a cumulative one day pass, small area, should also work - anyone who can verify that?

Luggage may cost extra BTW.

mohawk

Spectator
Hi can someone help me out? If i want to get from Milan Malpensa airport to the arena by train or subway, what train pass should I buy? I'm going back to the airport on the same day and I also want to go into central Milan too. I hoping to get a day pass but I'm not sure what kind would be able to fit all those places.

lambielfan

Rinkside
Hello
Can someone tell me how cold is it in the arena? And can we bring in food and drink or we have to buy everything in the buffet?
Thanks for the answer in advance :)

mrsaybia

Rinkside
To get to Mediolanum Forum from the city a CUMULATIVO U + ZONA1 ticket is needed:

Cumulative single ticket "U* + 1 Zone", valid for 105 minutes from stamping, price 2.50 €.

I think a cumulative one day pass, small area, should also work - anyone who can verify that?

Luggage may cost extra BTW.

Thanks for the info. The only question I have is about the 'Luggage-ticket'. Tomorrow we are arriving at Linate and are going with Bus 73 and Tram 27 to our appartment. Do we need for the small trip a luggage ticket?

appleguy

Spectator
I have a question regarding the bonus service included in the all event packages. I have 2 fashion all event packages with the trip to the outlet town. Previously I received an e-mail from ticket one that I should contact a person named Chiara (the e-mail was provided) regarding these bonus services, or else they would not be able to 100% ensure that I will receive them. I did that, but no message was received back from her, which is quite understandable taking into account how many messages she should have received. (Who even had such an absurd idea). Has anyone dealt with this already?

seraf

Rinkside
I also bought a smart fashion all event package and got the same e-mail. I wrote to both this Chiara and to ticketone but haven't gotten any answers from either one. It was also kind of strange that from the moment I received the e-mail I had like two days to write to Chiara, otherwise it would be "too late". Don't really know what to do? :scratch2: Doesn't matter too much though because I only bought it because I wanted an all event package but still..

LaLola

On the Ice
Me and my boyfriend also have the fashion all event ticket. And we never got an answer from that woman. Strange! But I‘m sooo looking forward to the event! We will arrive on Tuesday an we rented a car, because we also want to do some sightseeing in and around the city.

aynia

On the Ice
I've tried contacting the organiser team several times last year...

Replies to my emails took several weeks. Different people replied to the same message. And they also told me to contact Chiara by email but the address given did not work.

So if Chiara's email address is working now this is definitely progress.

aynia

On the Ice
Thanks for the info. The only question I have is about the 'Luggage-ticket'. Tomorrow we are arriving at Linate and are going with Bus 73 and Tram 27 to our appartment. Do we need for the small trip a luggage ticket?

I don't know what kind of luggage you have. If you are unsure ask at the information desk or get one just in case - they are not too expensive.

You have stamp your ticket at the start AND at the end of your trip. There is a time limit for single tickets. If the trip took too long there is an additional price to pay.

aynia

On the Ice
Hi can someone help me out? If i want to get from Milan Malpensa airport to the arena by train or subway, what train pass should I buy? I'm going back to the airport on the same day and I also want to go into central Milan too. I hoping to get a day pass but I'm not sure what kind would be able to fit all those places.

Well... I recommend asking at the information desk.

aynia

On the Ice
Me and my boyfriend also have the fashion all event ticket. And we never got an answer from that woman. Strange! But I‘m sooo looking forward to the event! We will arrive on Tuesday an we rented a car, because we also want to do some sightseeing in and around the city.

Traffic is something else here! Or maybe it's just the Italian way to drive that I'm not used to. To me it seems a bit chaotic. I'm glad I'm a pedestrian here and not a driver.

theabianca

Rinkside
No, luggage ticket is only mandatory in the metro, where most controls are. Nobody checks busses :)

bewitched

On the Ice
Hey, guys, I am coming for the competition in Milan as well - only from Friday till Sunday but I booked a hotel near the M2 subway line. I am sooo excited!!!

Somebody asked about the transport from the airport - I saw that there are trains every 30 minutes travelling from Malpensa Airport to the city centre and one could buy a ticket from the ticket office at the terminal. You can catch a train to Cadorna Train Station and then to switch from there to M2 which takes you directly to the stadium. I suppose the journey would take approximately one hour.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Is there a topic for practice reports and stuff? I just came back from a bit of men’s practice. Shoma and Keiji were there. :love:

aynia

On the Ice
Accumulative one day pass ticket small area (5.80 EUR) works from city centre to Mediolanum Forum.