dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks, Red Dog! No I hadn't seen it. Nor had I seen the
Yebin Mok fansite that is linked to it:

http://www.innovativestars.com/yebin/

I really love this girl's skating.

Check out her diary-it was an interesting entry.

Can she make the #3 spot? Apparently she had no break in training for this her first GP season, which I think is smart.

But getting that 3rd spot from Ann Patrice will be very hard.
Plus one does not know whether Sarah is going to Nationals.

Put personally, I like Yebin's skating better than AP.

dpp

IDLERACER

Medalist
She's another one I'm always seeing practicing down at the rink. A very intense young lady.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Doris - I agree - I like Mok's skating better than AP's - and I hope she's able to grab that 3rd podium spot.

Also, I posted this on the other website thread which was moved to another folder, but in the pics at the bottom of the Mok's homepage, there is a photo of her in a red skating dress doing a layback with her arms straigh behind her head (parallel with the ice). It looks awesome. Was she spinning? Could one spin like that?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Idle, Since you see her practicing, how is she doing?
Do you think Bevan and Carroll have been good for
her?

And what is her new program music, if you know?

dpp

skatingfan5

On the Ice
Layback variation

tharrtell said:
Also, I posted this on the other website thread which was moved to another folder, but in the pics at the bottom of the Mok's homepage, there is a photo of her in a red skating dress doing a layback with her arms straigh behind her head (parallel with the ice). It looks awesome. Was she spinning? Could one spin like that?
Yes, that is her layback variation -- if you saw her programs at 2003 Nationals you would have seen her doing this spin -- it was especially effective in the SP. It is quite lovely -- as is most of her skating. She just needs a bit more "finish" in terms of holding out some of her moves and in keeping up a sustained strength of performance (couple of popped jumps and her final spin in her FS at Nationals lost a bit with a weak illusion). But she really has beautiful jump technique and nice edges, posture, and lots of other good stuff. :) I wish her the best this coming season.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I'll have to go back and re-watch Nationals. It was the first time I had seen Ye Bin's skating, and I was impressed, but for some reason I don't remember that spin. Thanks for the heads up.