Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Victor

Rinkside
Happy New Year Everyone!

2019 was one of the greatest years for me as a Yuzu’s fan.
In March, I was in the swirl of the excitement of the audience at Saitama Super Arena, witnessing his Phoenix-like FS.
In June, I witnessed the return of 4Lz and even 4F attempt at FaOI shows.
At the beginning of this season, I found that my dream I had told Ms Ito (his costume designer) before came true. Yuzu wears the lacy PURPLE costume for ORIGIN!
In October, I witnessed his first win for Skate Canada and finally saw Parisienne Walkways alive.
In December, I witnessed he did 5 quads successfully in a FS including those gorgeous 4Lo and 4Lz at PalaVela. Then the Swan was the most elegant, the most divinely beautiful swan I’ve ever seen.

And now I’m really happy with the fact that he’s done all the competitions healthily (of cause he seemed to be too tired at Nationals, but at least not injured), that he doesn’t stop progressing and pushing his technical and artistic boundaries still now, and that the glitter of his performance is getting brighter and deeper than before.
So I have really positive feelings about the latter part of this season and look forward to 4CC and Worlds!

May all Yuzu’s dreams come true and 2020 be the happiest year for him and all of us!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I watched Olympic Seimei again just now for the first time in a few months.

I still tear up instantly at the sight of that grin on his face coming out of the spin and into the step sequence. :eek::

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Happy New Year Everyone!

2019 was one of the greatest years for me as a Yuzu’s fan.
In March, I was in the swirl of the excitement of the audience at Saitama Super Arena, witnessing his Phoenix-like FS.
In June, I witnessed the return of 4Lz and even 4F trial at FaOI shows.
At the beginning of this season, I found that my dream I had told Ms Ito (his costume designer) before came true. Yuzu wears the lacy PURPLE costume for ORIGIN!
In October, I witnessed his first win for Skate Canada and finally saw Parisienne Walkways alive.
In December, I witnessed he did 5 quads successfully in a FS including those gorgeous 4Lo and 4Lz at PalaVela. Then the Swan was the most elegant, the most divinely beautiful swan I’ve ever seen.

And now I’m really happy with the fact that he’s done all the competitions healthily (of cause he seemed to be too tired at Nationals, but at least not injured), that he doesn’t stop progressing and pushing his technical and artistic boundaries still now, and that the glitter of his performance is getting brighter and deeper than before.
So I have really positive feelings about the latter part of this season and look forward to 4CC and Worlds!

May all Yuzu’s dreams come true and 2020 be the happiest year for him and all of us!

Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for this post. On the fan side, I think a lot of this has been lost in the scoring controversy.

Wait, wait, hold on, you told Ms. Ito? As in personally? If you are even the slightest bit responsible for the gloriousness that is the purple Origin costume, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. :luv17:

Seriously, it's my favorite skating costume ever.

Imov

Medalist
Happy new year everyone.
May we have more Yuzu programs to see.
And everyone continue to be healthy and support our young master of Sendai.

Victor

Rinkside
Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for this post. On the fan side, I think a lot of this has been lost in the scoring controversy.

Wait, wait, hold on, you told Ms. Ito? As in personally? If you are even the slightest bit responsible for the gloriousness that is the purple Origin costume, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. :luv17:

Seriously, it's my favorite skating costume ever.

Yep, I attended Ms Ito’s talk show in early March. At the photo shooting time with her after the talk show, she asked us some questions.
According to my memory,

Ms Ito: What color’s costume would you like Hanyu Senshu to wear?
Me. : I’d like to see him in a purple costume, especially lacy one. It’s my dream! Now he’s an adult skater matured enough to wear something classical, noble, purple.

Then she said nothing but “Purple...” and just smiled.

She might have already chosen some colors for his next season’s costumes then and purple might’ve been among them.
I know “purple Yuzu” has been also many fans’ long-time dream and she would’ve known that too.
Though, if that conversation had a slightest influence on her decision, it’s a great honor and I’ll never forget that moment!

pianistliz

On the Ice
Yep, I attended Ms Ito’s talk show in early March. At the photo shooting time with her after the talk show, she asked us some questions.
According to my memory,

Ms Ito: What color’s costume would you like Hanyu Senshu to wear?
Me. : I’d like to see him in a purple costume, especially lacy one. It’s my dream! Now he’s an adult skater matured enough to wear something classical, noble, purple.

Then she said nothing but “Purple...” and just smiled.

She might have already chosen some colors for his next season’s costumes then and purple might’ve been among them.
I know “purple Yuzu” has been also many fans’ long-time dream and she would’ve known that too.
Though, if that conversation had a slightest influence on her decision, it’s a great honor and I’ll never forget that moment!

That is so cool! Origin 2.0 is definitely one of my favorite costumes of his, and the purple makes it.

yude

Record Breaker
"Looks like he gave me the glance in this photo.
But in fact, his mother was sitting almost right behind me.
Hanyu-kun makes eye-contact with his mother many times during the practice.
Every time he gave the look to her, my heart was deeply moved thinking of the paths they followed and the bonds 😭✨ "

https://twitter.com/reabe_/status/1212891518014345216

ankifeather

Final Flight
Already a bit late since I was out and about, but Happy New Year Yuzu! May your 2020 be injury-less as well and all your wishes come true!;)

Wynter

On the Ice
My friend tried to get the clear files for us and it is sold out already. :slink:
The fans must put even extra effort than usual because those are so good. :love: Ghana team does him justice there.

Now we also have another thing to wait before 4CC, his concert. The musicians are world-caliber, I cannot wait for the broadcast. :luv17:

ankifeather

Final Flight
My friend tried to get the clear files for us and it is sold out already. :slink:
The fans must put even extra effort than usual because those are so good. :love: Ghana team does him justice there.

Now we also have another thing to wait before 4CC, his concert. The musicians are world-caliber, I cannot wait for the broadcast. :luv17:

Can't blame your friend when from day one of release Yuzu fans already bought all eligible Ghana products they can find in stores to get the clear files ~ scary. They even caused the Lotte online ordering site to crash.

https://twitter.com/YC9QuFm2PfU4vTp/status/1214015175432359936

I cannot wait for the broadcast of the Yuzuru Hanyu concert too. The reports of it all sounded really incredible. It is amazing how he can attract a full audience for 15,000 seats across three concerts when he is not even skating there XD.