Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

ankifeather

Final Flight

yude

Record Breaker
It's still January but Japan has been turning to the color of the Olympics already, I wonder how it will be before the summer :drama:

Today is "Coming of age day" in Japan and the new adults wear Kimono or Hakama, and here is Yuzuru in Hakama when he was twenty. He had been hospitalized on his "Coming of age day" because of surgery, but after that he had a chance to do this for the photo shoot of magazines. He looks stunning!

https://twitter.com/byhluauzleu/status/1216498704380649473

Nachi

On the Ice
My exam is on the 7th o.o. Is that a sign? I hope it is and I hope it's a positive one QQ.

yude

Record Breaker
4-9 February
Men’s SP is on the 7th, FS and Gala on the 9th

FS and Gala on the same day? Wow. I totally forgot, has it been always like that?

When I saw him for a second in other skater's IG taken at TCC in the end of December, I was honestly sad. But now I am so happy to know Yuzuru seems to have spend the time with his family in Sendai :cry: :luv17:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
FS and Gala on the same day? Wow. I totally forgot, has it been always like that?

I just checked last year’s schedule and the Free Dance was on the same day as the Gala. I guess it’s not irregular only this time it’s the Men’s instead, which makes me wonder how they are going to fit in the gala practice.
Last year was Dance practice - Gala practice - Free Dance - Gala, in order. But that was possible because there were half as much Dance teams as Men. They can’t possibly fit all those in one day for the Men’s event. Or even if they can, it’s going to be very tiring :(

yude

Record Breaker
I just checked last year’s schedule and the Free Dance was on the same day as the Gala. I guess it’s not irregular only this time it’s the Men’s instead, which makes me wonder how they are going to fit in the gala practice.
Last year was Dance practice - Gala practice - Free Dance - Gala, in order. But that was possible because there were half as much Dance teams as Men. They can’t possibly fit all those in one day for the Men’s event. Or even if they can, it’s going to be very tiring :(

Thank you for checking :) I hope Yuzuru will finish competition safely :pray:

This is quite early for Ice Show news, but Yuzu is added to the cast of Stars on Ice. https://figureskate-soi.com/skaters.html

Very surprising news :shocked:

yude

Record Breaker
I think so far he is only confirmed for two of the SOI stops though.

Yes, Yokohama and Hachinohe.

It seems this is the first time in 6 years he participates in SOI, I remember he skated in white T-shirt and blue jeans in group number with Japanese skaters at SOI 2014.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
It seems this is the first time in 6 years he participates in SOI, I remember he skated in white T-shirt and blue jeans in group number with Japanese skaters at SOI 2014.

Does his non-participation have anything to do with his sponsorships? I’ve seen some people implying that the P&G sponsorship was the reason he hasn’t been doing SOI. Or did it just ended like this due to injuries & such?

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Does his non-participation have anything to do with his sponsorships? I’ve seen some people implying that the P&G sponsorship was the reason he hasn’t been doing SOI. Or did it just ended like this due to injuries & such?

Is P&G associated with Fantasy on Ice? Will this lower the chance of him going to FaOI?