Zoe Jones & Christopher Boyadji | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Zoe Jones & Christopher Boyadji

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am actually watching the Senior Pairs SP at this very moment, so the SP Report and the times for the FS will be added in when I finish watching it.

British Championships Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Zoe and Chris finished 2nd out of 3 in the SP, with a score of 48.68.

Although it is just a whisker off their highest SP score of the season from Skate Canada, this was not actually a great skate. There were lots of mistakes.

On their opening element, the Double Axel, Zoe didn't have a clean landing, and they got minus GOE and -1 from all the judges except Judge 2, who gave them 0.

Their next element, the Double Twist lift, also got minus GOE, but there was a great variety in the opinions of the judges. There were two that gave +1; two that gave -1; and one that gave -2. And I'll be honest with you, I couldn't see anything wrong with it!

The next few elements went well, but then came the Change Foot Combination Spin. And they were out of sync for most of it. That said, there was a great variety of opinions from the judges here too. One judge gave +2; another gave +1; two judges gave 0; and one judge gave -1.

How are you meant to work out what you need to work on if you are getting such varying judgements?!

The was no doubt about the Throw Triple Flip. Zoe had to have a double hands down on landing to save herself from having a fall. And this was to be the costliest moment of the programme. And, as Jenny Bill pointed out during the highlights, they had actually done it successfully during the Warm-Up.

Zoe rubbed her chin pretty much as soon as they finished. And when they were sitting waiting for the results, she rubbed it again, and Chris rubbed it as well. So, I don't know if she had a cut or a graze or something.

Anyway, they are currently 1.81 points behind the leaders, Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY (Dundee / Sheffield), and 12.06 points ahead of 3rd position, Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (Oxford). Both these partnerships are brand new to Pairs skating so, with being so close to the leaders, Zoe and Chris could use their experience to take advantage in the FS.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The Senior Pairs FS is due to start at 18:00:00 GMT. So 12 hours from now.

Zoe and Chris will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, middle partnership to go.

However, since there are no Time Schedules for this event, I have no idea what time they are due to start.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

Here is the link for the livestream on BIS TV:
https://tv.iceskating.org.uk/events/adfpzmjr

Here is the link for the livestream on BBC iPlayer:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012v0s

And here is the link for the livestream on the BBC Sport website:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/58946539

No Time Schedule 😞

And here is the live scoring:
http://iceresultsuk.org.uk/BritishChampionship/2021/SEG045.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
British Championships Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
British Championships Senior Pairs: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Zoe and Chris finished 1st out of 3 in the FS, with a score of 92.72. This meant that they remained in 2nd place overall, with a score of 141.40.

To be honest, I was confused by the downbeat commentary after they finished. Yes, Zoe had a hand down on landing the Throw Triple Flip about halfway through the programme, and had a fall on the Throw Triple Loop towards the end. But other than that it looked great!

During the Warm-Up, David King had said that Zoe had hurt her neck earlier in the day. He only mentioned it in passing, so it didn't really register. But, afterwards, you could see that Zoe was suffering. When Chris put his arm around her for a hug when they were waiting for the results, Zoe had to immediately re-position his arm. So, bearing this in mind, it was an even more impressive performance than I thought.

As leaders from the SP, Anastasia Vaipan-Law and Luke Digby were the last to skate. And they did not have a great skate. After they were finished, all the commentators were unanimously declaring Zoe and Chris the winners. But, when the results came through, they were surprised to find that although Zoe and Chris won the Free Skate, Anastasia and Luke had won overall, due to their 1.81 points advantage from the SP.

Zoe and Chris won the Free Skate by 1.30 points from Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY (Dundee / Sheffield) in 2nd, and by 20.64 points from Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (Oxford) in 3rd. Overall, they were 0.51 points behind Vaipan-Law / Digby, and 32.70 points ahead of Smart / Mattick.

So, although Zoe and Chris did not hold onto their title, they did put in 2 very impressive performances.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Copying this over from the British & Irish thread.

I'm afraid some sad news.

Zoe Jones has tested positive for Covid, so she and Pairs partner Christopher Boyadji have had to Withdraw from the European Championships. Read her heartbreaking post here. Sounds like it was to have been their final time.

So very sorry to hear this.

I agree, what Zoe says in her post does sound like this was to be their swansong.

This is just so cruel. Zoe does not deserve to have another milestone moment of her career snatched away from her. She had her only opportunity to compete at the Olympics snatched away from her by her own Fed back in 2002, and now 20 years later she has had her big goodbye at Europeans snatched away by COVID-19 in 2022.

I am genuinely heartbroken for her. I just hope that Chris and the kids are able to comfort her through this.

And I am so sad that, after all these years competing in Pairs, Chris is also missing out on his chance to say goodbye. But, I know that this thought will not even cross his mind - all he will be worried about now is Zoe. Because that is the sort of guy he is.

Zoe, Chris. You guys have put so much into this partnership over the past 6 years. So, I want to thank you for all the joy you have given us in that time.

And now that this chapter of your lives is coming to a close, I want to wish you all the best for the next chapter.

You guys have already proven that you have what it takes to be successful as coaches. 4 out of the Top 6 in Advanced Novice Ladies at Nationals last month says it all. So, I look forward to seeing you sitting alongside your charges on the international stage in the years to come.

I am proud to have been your adoptive father on Golden Skate.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! I was that busy making out my predictions for Worlds that I forgot to do the reminder post! :drama:

Zoe and Chris will be competing at the Senior World Championships today.

The Pairs SP is due to start at 18:30:00 CET (17:30:00 GMT). So 10 hours from now.

Zoe and Chris will be the 5th partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 2 (and penultimate partnership before the resurfacing).

They are due to start at 18:43:50 CET (17:43:50 GMT). So 10h 13m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHFlOpKT-Sw

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport-1-british/world-championship-e1-coverage-2321805

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/world-championships-2206562

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/wc2022/SEG005.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
World Championships SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Zoe and Chris finished 10th out of 14 in the SP, with a score of 49.67.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Pairs LIVE, as I was eating at the time. But, I did write the following for this post when watching them this morning:

Honestly, it looked practically faultless to me. Chris Howarth pointed out that Zoe had a problem on the landing of the Double Axel, but I didn't see anything wrong. And I didn't when I saw it again either. During their Change Foot Combination Spin, Louise Walden pointed out that they had got out of sync at the start, and Chris added that they got it back very quickly. Well, it was so quickly that I didn't even notice! But, when we saw it again, I did.

Admittedly, I thought Zoe had a hand down on the Throw-Triple Flip, but the TES Box had positive GOE for it, so she mustn't have.

When they were hugging at the end of the performance, Chris was visibly emotional. Understandable, given that this is not just their swansong event, but it is also a home World Championships for him.

Into 2nd position, just 1.28 points behind Chris' former partner and her husband!

AWARD THE MEDALS NOW!!! MY KIDS HAVE A 1-2!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

More to follow, when I finish watching the last 2 groups.

The Senior Pairs FS is due to start at 19:16:00 CET (18:16:00 GMT). So 8 hours from now.

Zoe and Chris will be the 5th partnership to start. So, second and middle partnership to go in Group 2 (and penultimate partnership before the resurfacing).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:39:10 CET (18:39:10 GMT). So 8h 23m from now.

They are due to start at 19:54:30 CET (18:54:30 GMT). So 8h 38m from now.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6SBeuLfh-4

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport-1-british/world-championship-e1-coverage-2323823

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/world-championships-2206564

http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/wc2022/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
World Championships Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
World Championships Senior Pairs: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Zoe and Chris finished 10th out of 13 in the FS, with a score of 94.57. This meant that they remained in 10th place overall, with a score of 144.24.

Again, I wasn't able to watch the Pairs FS LIVE, as I still had the final group of the SP to watch. But, I decided to do the same as I did with the SP, and write an "as-live" post when I watched it this morning:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I haven't much to point out from the first half, because it was faultless. Simple as that. It looked like Zoe was going to have a hand-down on landing the Throw Triple Flip just before the half-way point, but she managed to avoid it.

Eurosport commentators Chris Howarth and Louise Walden were both getting anxious towards the end of the Reverse Lasso Lift, but I don't know why. I couldn't see anything going wrong. But, I'm not an expert. Although Chris was partially blocking the view, I did see Zoe struggle to land the next element, the Throw Triple Loop. But, she stayed upright. :)

Chris Howarth said it all as soon as they finished - "That really is the stuff of dreams".

When they came off the ice and were greeted by Mark Naylor, Zoe was in floods of tears. The emotion of their final competitive performance had overcome her.

They slot into 2nd place in the FS with 94.57 points. And 2nd overall with 144.24 points.

It would be nice if they could sign off with a Top 10 overall. But, whether they do or not, they have still absolutely thrashed their previous best position at Worlds.

:cheer: WELL DONE ZOE AND CHRIS!!! :cheer:

And thank you for all the memories of the past 6 years.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the protocols, and I am confused. Their second element, the Double Twist-Double Twist combination, had -0.12 GOE and the Judges marks were all over the place. 5 of them gave neutral marks, but the other 4 judges gave -3, -2, -1 and +1. I went and watched it back a few times, and I still couldn't see anything that could result in such a variety of marks. It looked fine to me!

The Throw Triple Flip I mentioned also got a small minus GOE of -0.08. Six of the Judges gave it neutral marks, one gave it +1, and two gave it -1. Well, I can understand that. It was very nearly a hand down, after all.

It seems like I wasn't the only one confused over the Reverse Lasso Lift. Because it got a real variety of marks from the Judges! Two -2's; three -1's; three 0's; and one +1. :drama: It also got -0.47 GOE.

But, it was the two elements that followed that proved to be the most costly. As I was expecting after seeing the landing, the Throw Triple Loop was the mos costly. -1.86 in GOE, and all minus Judges marks consisting of six -4's; two -3's; and one -2. But, the following element, which I actually thought went very well, also produced minuses. The Group 4 Lift got -1.01 in GOE, as well as Judges marks consisting of two -3's; six -2's; and a 0. So, I know nothing!

Anyway, even with the mistakes, I still think that on the whole it was a beautiful performance of a beautiful programme to end their careers with.

Unfortunately, an accident for the second ever skater that I adopted on here meant that she and her partner had to withdraw from the competition. And this meant that Zoe and Chris did get the Top 10 position that it looked like they would just miss out on.

Zoe and Chris finished the Free Skate 4.46 points behind 9th position, Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA (NED), and 9.65 points ahead of 11th position, Dorota BRODA / Pedro BETEGON MARTIN (ESP). Overall, they finished 4.31 points behind 9th position, Danilova / Tsiba, and 10.60 points ahead of 11th position, Broda / Betegon.

Although not Personal Best scores, all three scores were their highest scores of this season.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After initially starting this thread as a Fan Fest for Zoe's Singles career, it developed into a thread for the partnership between her and Chris. And it has been a pleasure to follow their journey as a partnership over the past 6 years.

Thank you for all the memories, and all the best for the future.

I look forward to seeing your students coming through in the years to come.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Farewell, Zoe Jones! Thank you a thousand times for everything you put into figure skating and showing what really is possible in this sport. A top ten at worlds at the age of 42 - will I live to see it happen again? :bow::bow::bow:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Posting this here temporarily, as I forgot that I planned to write a thread for Zoe's daughters. :palmf: :slink:

This thread is actually the next on the list for getting a makeover (I'm currently doing Ashley Cain's Ladies thread). So, I will write the twins' thread at the same time.

Although they have both already competed in the qualifiers for Nationals, this week will mark the first international appearance this season for either of the Wood twins. Zinia will be competing at Skate Celje, in Slovenia.

The Intermediate Novice Ladies FS is due to start today at 15:00:00 CET (14:00:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Zinia will be the 25th skater to start. So, fouth skater to go in Group 4 (and fourth skater to go after the resurfacing).

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:11:00 CET (16:11:00 GMT). So 9h 11m from now.

Zinia is due to start at 17:32:00 CET (17:32:00 GMT). So 9h 32m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2D7d2JSal8

http://www.europeancriterium.eu/doc...INTNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.europeancriterium.eu/documents/html/1072/SEG018.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ZINIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it turned out that Zinia was a withdrawal from Skate Celje. So, we will have to wait a bit longer before we see either of the twins in action this season.

Hope all the family are keeping well

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry that I am again posting here. I'll get the proper Fan Fest written and posted as soon as possible.

The twins are both in action today at the British Championships. And, to add a little bit of spice, they are going back-to-back! :drama:

The Advanced Novice Ladies SP is due to start today at 11:30:00 GMT. So 6 hours from now.

Zinia will be the 7th skater to start. So, seventh and penultimate skater to go in Group 1.

Zarah will be the 8th skater to start. So, eighth and last skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 11:30:00 GMT. So 6 hours from now.

Zinia is due to start at 12:03:30 GMT. So 6h 33m from now.

Zarah is due to start at 12:08:20 GMT. So 6h 38m from now.

Here is the link for the livestream (£££):
https://tv.iceskating.org.uk/events/miyfrtti

https://www.johnds.org/bfsc22/FSKWSINGLES-ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.johnds.org/bfsc22/SEG019.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ZINIA AND ZARAH!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
British Championships Advanced Novice Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No videos uploaded yet 😞

Zinia finished 8th out of 24 in the SP, with a score of 25.83.

Zarah finished 6th out of 24 in the SP, with a score of 27.69.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

Livescoring is working now.

Zinia went into 3rd, and was immediately displaced by Zarah.

So at the end of Group 1, Zarah is lying in 3rd position, 1.86 points ahead of Zinia in 4th position.

At Novice level, deductions are half a point. So, it is interesting to see that Zarah had two deductions (1.00 point), while Zinia had one deduction (0.50 points).

EDIT: They finished up 6th and 8th, with local girl Isla SHENTON (SHE) splitting them.​

:cheer: WELL DONE GIRLS!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

When the Protocols were published, @Weetos pointed out that Zarah actually got a 1.00 point deduction for a time violation, to which I replied:

What?! So at Novice level a time violation gets you a bigger penalty than a fall?! That's crazy! :drama:

I did think that it looked funny that the one that appeared to have had two falls finished two places above the one with just one fall. Because, as we all know, a fall doesn't just earn you the compulsory deduction; it also earns you minus marks from the Judges, minus GOE, etc.

But now that I know that it was a time violation rather than two falls, everything makes sense. Because a time violation wouldn't have any further impacts like a fall does. It is just -1 point, and that's that.

Nevertheless, she'll have to be more careful with her timing in future.

Thank you so much for pointing out what happened. :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Analysis to be edited in whenever I have a chance to go through the Protocols.

The Advanced Novice Ladies FS is due to start today at 11:00:00 GMT. So 6 hours from now.

Zinia will be the 17th skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 3.

Zarah will be the 19th skater to start. So, third skater to go in Group 3.

And that is as much as I can say, as the Time Schedule PDF links are taking us to an error page.

Here is the link for the livestream (£££):
https://tv.iceskating.org.uk/events/cttwilfs

https://www.johnds.org/bfsc22/FSKWSINGLES-ADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.johnds.org/bfsc22/SEG020.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ZINIA AND ZARAH!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Weetos

Final Flight
Did I hear right that one of the commentators said Zoe is pregnant?

Anyway, unfortunately the first two groups were not on the stream after it finished, the early part seemed to have dropped off, but I did send a message about it and was told it would be fixed - so hopefully you'll be able to see the girls SPs soon.