2015 NHK Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Pairs Short Program

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I get the PCS S/K got. They skated with a lot of power. They went for everything, hard. I've never seen a pair fly like that on a death spiral. The pair spin was another marvel. Besides the hand down on the SBS jumps, everything they do is exceptional. I can see why the judges lavished PCS on them.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's only 10:30 PM for me, so I'm definitely watching the mens event!

humbaba

Final Flight
Everyone is finishing behind the music tonight...

If everyone appears to be finishing behind the music but nobody's getting a deduction, the issue is most likely a sync problem with the stream. The sound is probably lagging, not all the skaters.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
J/C had their spin invalidated after all :sad21:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
If I had work tomorrow, I wouldn't even be up this late! Alright. I'm staying up for the men, but probably not the ladies.

Also, I just want to say that I think pairs event threads are my favorite, and it's not even my favorite discipline. Just the right amount of posting where I can keep up and read everything without falling behind on the posts!

Totally agree!! Don't go to sleep, its friday morning 735 am here, and i been up since 4 am to watch!! no work for me today, keep awake people :yes2:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
If I had work tomorrow, I wouldn't even be up this late! Alright. I'm staying up for the men, but probably not the ladies.

Also, I just want to say that I think pairs event threads are my favorite, and it's not even my favorite discipline. Just the right amount of posting where I can keep up and read everything without falling behind on the posts!

Amen to that. I sometimes use pairs and ice dance as my sleep breaks, but then I come back and remember how nice it is to have time for grammar when you're posting :laugh:

It's also why I like the smaller competitions

peese

Medalist
I'm staying up for the men and debating on the ladies. 1:35 here in Toronto. Just poured another glass of wine.:hb:

andromache

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin are awesome and my favorite pair, but they are v. young and they can perform more and have a bit more presence on the ice, show more personality, connect more with the audience, etc. I also think they need to get their pairs spin faster. S/K looked like they might be a bit faster across the ice to me as well? IDK. Just throwing out possibilities!

Y/J are really growing on me (though I'm an S/H fan first and foremost). I think they could use better packaging next year as they improve their performance abilities. I'm not sure if it was just today or not, but both of them had rather sloppy hair, and Yu seemed washed-out in the face (not helped by white costumes). I know I'm being nitpicky, but S/H and P/Z both have better styling.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Y/J are really growing on me (though I'm an S/H fan first and foremost). I think they could use better packaging next year as they improve their performance abilities. I'm not sure if it was just today or not, but both of them had rather sloppy hair, and Yu seemed washed-out in the face (not helped by white costumes). I know I'm being nitpicky, but S/H and P/Z both have better styling.

Unfortunately Y/J are seen as a "2nd Tier Team" by the CSF which is a shame because they have loads of potential. I'm also hoping they get good programs/packaging next season since they repeated both programs this season from last season.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I can't get how S/K got higher PCS than Y/J. BTW, has anyone else noticed that S was facing the ceiling while K's hands still on her waist during the twist? Is that normal? It's half a turn already before releasing.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Very solid pair performances, but in a weirdly sense, I am not impressed as much as I was at the TEB. Did I have too much expectation? Maybe,,,
The best performance for me was J/C.

Because almost everyone at the TEB showed great performances of their life, the score gap was only 2 points between 2nd to 7th. I couldn't believe how all skaters did that. That's why it is a pity that TEB had to be cancelled due to the terrorist attacks.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
D/R fell behind the music during the program. You can hear them discuss it with their coach as they went into the K&C. Meagan said she was going to cram everything in the footwork sequence even if it meant they'd be behind the music (and it paid off, their footwork sequence got level 4). I think they were in a bit of a rush to get everything in as the program drew to a close. But really, they pulled it off, mostly!