2016-2017 Programs by Discipline | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Programs by Discipline

grotesm1

Rinkside
I've wondered how the very talented boy is doing these days. Thanks for info.

Torgashev won both the Senior Men's Short Program competition and the Senior Men's Free Skate competition in Philadelphia. Not a lot of competition, though; he beat Jimmy Ma, Emmanuel Savoy, and O. Malynk. In the Free Skate, his triple axel was shaky and he fell on his quad but the rest of his elements were good. Seemed to run out of steam a bit toward the end of the program, but it's early and this was his first competition after coming back from being off last season due to injury.

Even though he did Senior Men in Philadelphia, I'm guessing Torgashev is going to do Juniors internationally this season. He's only 15 and will probably bide his time until after a lot of the Senior Men retire after the 2018 Olympics.

I agree Torgashev is a very talented skater. His program to win Juniors at 2015 U.S. Nationals was terrific.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Alena Leonova talks a little about her new programs:

http://fs-gossips.com/alena-leonova-i-skate-for-the-audience/

An interview with Inna Goncharenko in which (among many things) she talks a little about the new programs of Elena Radionova, Sergei Voronov & Maxim Kovtun:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...to-water-but-you-cannot-make-her-drink.98948/

Thanks.

I'm a Leonova fan. Her club now trains in Luleå for four weeks. Maybe I'll take a trip there. If possible for the exhibition at the end of their camp. Would be nice to watch her and her fellow S:t Petersburg skaters :)

LOL Alena is as secretive about her programs as Radionova and the other Russians.

Goncharenko sounds as a down-to-earth coach. I've always liked what I've heard and seen of her. Funny that she all of a sudden got two so diverse men to train.

And Voronov moved again. Wonder why it's so difficult for him to find the right chemistry with a coach. His coaches so far, ISU information: N. Morozov, M. Voitsekhovskaia, Alexei Urmanov, Galina Kashina, Rafael Arutunian N. Morozov, M. Voitsekhovskaia, Alexei Urmanov, Galina Kashina, Rafael Arutunian. (According to me also Rukavicin?)

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Torgashev won both the Senior Men's Short Program competition and the Senior Men's Free Skate competition in Philadelphia. Not a lot of competition, though; he beat Jimmy Ma, Emmanuel Savoy, and O. Malynk. In the Free Skate, his triple axel was shaky and he fell on his quad but the rest of his elements were good. Seemed to run out of steam a bit toward the end of the program, but it's early and this was his first competition after coming back from being off last season due to injury.

Even though he did Senior Men in Philadelphia, I'm guessing Torgashev is going to do Juniors internationally this season. He's only 15 and will probably bide his time until after a lot of the Senior Men retire after the 2018 Olympics.

I agree Torgashev is a very talented skater. His program to win Juniors at 2015 U.S. Nationals was terrific.

Thanks again. I'll look into the aforementioned competition. I started noticing him at 2015 JWC where his musicality and basic skating really stood out there. Andrew trying to get quads to be competitive is also a welcoming news although he is only 15. I was disappointed with the fact that his injuries had him skip last season. He is coming back with a stronger and healthier form which is important for any young skaters. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the upcoming season's JGP circuit

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Voronov moved again. Wonder why it's so difficult for him to find the right chemistry with a coach. His coaches so far, ISU information: N. Morozov, M. Voitsekhovskaia, Alexei Urmanov, Galina Kashina, Rafael Arutunian N. Morozov, M. Voitsekhovskaia, Alexei Urmanov, Galina Kashina, Rafael Arutunian. (According to me also Rukavicin?)

Whew! (whistles). And also E. Tutberidze (sorry for poor spelling) Evgenia's coach. Do you mean he had those 5 coaches twice each at different times?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I don't know why you listed some of these people twice. And he was never coached by Rukavicin. Arutunian moved to America, and so he had to find someone else - that was Urmanov, and they were a team for several years. Then Morozov, and pretty much all his skaters left around the same time, including his star student Florent, who also went through his share of coaches. The chemistry with Eteri was fine, until it wasn't, and he isn't the only one who left her, either.

Bottom line, he's been skating a very long time...it's not like he changed every season.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I don't know why you listed some of these people twice. And he was never coached by Rukavicin. Arutunian moved to America, and so he had to find someone else - that was Urmanov, and they were a team for several years. Then Morozov, and pretty much all his skaters left around the same time, including his star student Florent, who also went through his share of coaches. The chemistry with Eteri was fine, until it wasn't, and he isn't the only one who left her, either.

Bottom line, he's been skating a very long time...it's not like he changed every season.

Just felt a bit sorry for him to have switched coaches so often. I know it happens to other skaters as well. Can't be easy every time they have to adjust to a new envionment, whatever the reason. Didn't mean that Voronov is extra hard to get along with if you thought I meant that.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope this is going to be an actual tango this year for her.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Gracie Gold pr Instagram

SP: "Assassin's Tango" from Mr & Mrs Smith
FS: "Daphnis and Chloé" by Ravel

Yay or nay?

SP: Another tango after last season? Different music but a bit repetitive
FS: Sarah Hughes' LP music at SLC

So well....neither yes nor no before watching actual programs

Rissa

Record Breaker
Then Morozov, and pretty much all his skaters left around the same time, including his star student Florent,

I'm a fairly new fan so I don't know much of the gossip and I wanted to ask if it's known why Morozov's students left him at that time?

Tutto

Record Breaker
There was a large group of us at Worlds this year who would "ugh" every time I Put a Spell You was cranked up ... by the end of the work we were calling for it to be banned! :bang:

Don't forget the fun that was "Feeling Good"!

Across three disciplines save ice dance, 11 skaters in this past season used Feeling Good and only :) 6 - I Put a Spell on You

Gracie Gold pr Instagram

Yay or nay?

Is it really the best Lori can come up with? But will reserve judgement till I see the actual programs

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold pr Instagram

Yay or nay?

Based on music alone...

Yes to the SP, Tango is a familiar theme to Gracie and the movie is something she can learn from because there's an explicit character she can take after unlike a classical piece of piano music lets say. As for whether or not it'll be an actual tango, I think it will be tango-esque at best, we'll see when the actual program is skated.

No to the LP, if they're going to give her something classical they need something with a story/character she can relate to so she at least has something to go off of (eg Firebird). Chloe is not relatable at all to a 21st Century girl like Gracie IMO

I think they should have switched, have Tango as an LP because having 2 Tango SPs in a row feels repetitive, might as well just repeat the entire SP

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Based on music alone...

Yes to the SP, Tango is a familiar theme to Gracie and the movie is something she can learn from because there's an explicit character she can take after unlike a classical piece of piano music lets say. As for whether or not it'll be an actual tango, I think it will be tango-esque at best, we'll see when the actual program is skated.

No to the LP, if they're going to give her something classical they need something with a story/character she can relate to so she at least has something to go off of (eg Firebird). Chloe is not relatable at all to a 21st Century girl like Gracie IMO

I think they should have switched, have Tango as an LP because having 2 Tango SPs in a row feels repetitive, might as well just repeat the entire SP

I so agree. After Firebird another ballet for Gracie what Lori is thinking of

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm a fairly new fan so I don't know much of the gossip and I wanted to ask if it's known why Morozov's students left him at that time?
Morozov went to Russia to work for Russian athletes before Sochi Olympics, it was meant for him to let go of possible strong foreign competitors. Then unfortunately the others also left because it was rumored and basically proven later on from little comments from later coaches and even Tarasova on TV (while commenting the GP events) that Morozov did not have a strong/ strict working regime for his athletes. They rode on earlier form and success but with him it was like a rollercoaster: he could leave the rink during a training session for his personal reasons (non-tragic ones, mind you) so most of athletes who later applied to work with different coaches were not taught a certain discipline therefore his athletes appeared to be lazy and non-organized. He is a good choreographer though but perhaps coaching is just not his strongest forte. Or wasn't.

lyndichee

Medalist
Is Lori even trying for Gracie? I am very skeptical about these music choices.

I hope this means that they are saving the best for Olympic season.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Is Lori even trying for Gracie? I am very skeptical about these music choices.

I hope this means that they are saving the best for Olympic season.

I am starting to wonder if Lori even knows how to try for Gracie... there seems to be some disconnect.

At least the SP there is a chance Gracie might have seen the movie... maybe that will help. But I am not optimistic about these choices at all.

samson

Medalist
Well the tango music is borderline elevator music to me but I'll hold my breath till I see what they've done with it.

I LOVE Daphnes and Chloe. Always wonder why it's not used more often. Once Robin Wagner got to the SLC cut of the music, combined with Rach, Sarah Hughes FS was divine. I think Kimmie also used this music in 2005?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I like Daphnis and Chloe which is why I'm not excited because I doubt that Gold will do it justice. I never find her interpretation strong.