2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Crossover, perhaps you missed the arrogant posts to which silverfoxes is referring.
I saw several that were quite arrogant. (And I like Marin as well.)

(Obviously not Marin's fault that some of her fans are arrogant.)

No, I haven't except "Marin will win this even" something like posts in my knowledge which I've found funny and nothing serious though. Besides, the "Schadenfreude" comment sounds just mean. :mad: I thought everyone expected every skaters have a wonderful outing, not gloating over somebody's misfortune.

Last edited:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
It is still puzzling why Ashley Kim is not competing here. The latter events of the JGP series get to have harder and harder in terms of line-up.

I saw her short program to "I have a dream", it was lovely. I hope that's what she would be skating to if she does show up.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Marin might not even make the podium at this rate...
Please don't say that... :sad21:
JGPF without Marin is unimaginable, unthinkable and unacceptable.
Even her haters wouldn't like that... :hopelessness:

Nerves... Damned nerves in domestic competitions, Julia was the same when she was at her age. :scowl:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Crossover, perhaps you missed the arrogant posts to which silverfoxes is referring.
I saw several that were quite arrogant. (And I like Marin as well.)

(Obviously not Marin's fault that some of her fans are arrogant.)
Some posts here (mine included) were actually a parody directed at fans who have been acting arrogant for quite some time now, in the hope that they will realize the ridiculousness of their posts.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just got up and only started watching. But I must say the crowd is amazing! Japan should have JGP every year! :cheer:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
If Marin skates clean she is still very much capable of beat them and cover 10 pts gap. Kaori usually lacks stamina in lp and she is never clean, Alisa usually gets ur calls in LP, Mako can't get over 115. So if Marin goes clean, clean, clean whe will score around 130 so she has the chance. .

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some posts here (mine included) were actually a parody directed at fans who have been acting arrogant for quite some time now, in the hope that they will realize the ridiculousness of their posts.

But....this sport needs impassioned fans so I see no point in shaming anyone. :confused:

I still think Marin might win anyway so.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Please don't say that... :sad21:
JGPF without Marin is unimaginable, unthinkable and unacceptable.
Even her haters wouldn't like that... :hopelessness:

Nerves... Damned nerves in domestic competitions, Julia was the same when she was at her age. :scowl:

Well, even if Marin won't get a medal at this event or can't advance to JGP final, that would not be the end of the world. Wakaba struggled for her injury, puberty monster and harder layout, so she couldn't make it to the JGP final, but she bounced back nicely at Nationals and won a bronze at JWC. Marin is known for being hot and cold, so if the final result here regardless of the placement motivates her to train harder (admittedly, her coach said she is not a diligent student unlike Satoko), she would learn something.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Yeah, that's really her fans fault that Marin Honda has amazing skating skills, is beautiful, absurdly elegant, her landing are soft as silk and before the error she was like the brightest spot in eastern hemisphere.
But no, we should all just act like she is nothing special... :sarcasm:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Probably because it's a home competition full of spectators. Marin said in an interview last year that she got very nervous at the Japanese Nationals and she could hardly move her legs. When she was in European competitions, she was freed from the pressure, where she could perform much better than she did domestically. The first group was full of good skaters such as Alisa Fedichkina, which added additional pressure for Marin.

maea14

On the Ice
marin honda sure is disappointed with her sp score..she was about to cry but she force to smile.. the pressure is on 😖 she has to score 10 or 11 points higher than kaori in fs if she wants the gold but I think it's kaori sakamoto's time to shine..

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
But....this sport needs impassioned fans so I see no point in shaming anyone. :confused:

I still think Marin might win anyway so.....

I mean if you're ok with a couple of threads called "Marin will win" and "the queen/diamond/empress of Kyoto haterz gonna hate" kind of posts... :shrug:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my dear lord I just got my stream up and running and the music is so brutal. Please negative GOE everything on this!!!

maea14

On the Ice
last year world's if alisa fedichkina didn't withdrew from the competition because of her sprained ankle would she have taken the gold and be the world junior champion instead of marin? i mean she was really good last season..

Last edited:

bosskil

Match Penalty
If Marin skates clean she is still very much capable of beat them and cover 10 pts gap. Kaori usually lacks stamina in lp and she is never clean, Alisa usually gets ur calls in LP, Mako can't get over 115. So if Marin goes clean, clean, clean whe will score around 130 so she has the chance. .

I still think Marin might win anyway so.....:biggrin:
OMG, you're music to my ears, thank you, thank you, thank you. I needed this so much... :luv17::love: