2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies SP

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thanks skatelikewind1966 and Chemistry66 for the follow up
I forgot about how Starr's summer went and allotted JGP slots for the US. A pity though because she's a firecracker.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The girl has a champion's face and assurance in her movement, but her jumps and spins....:think:

I think she would be better off with ice dancing than ladies.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks skatelikewind1966 and Chemistry66 for the follow up
I forgot about how Starr's summer went and allotted JGP slots for the US. A pity though because she's a firecracker.

There's something to be said about being under the radar. This way, Starr can surprise everyone at Nationals. There is the Bavarian Open in February so if gets on Jr. Worlds team she can get TES minimums.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Clean, but her movements here got wilder than her earlier performance.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know she did everything enough, but still watching her is kind of uncomfortable, still gangly and does not look smooth.

samm22

On the Ice
Zagitova's beginning and ending position is so culturally insensitive. I have a major problem with that subtle costume detail. I won't talk about the score...today was not as good as France, but still another personal best :(

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yikes, her pcs shouldn't be anywhere near honda's. But she was clean while honda was not, I guess.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Lin's 3T was UR and her basic skating is pretty poor but she attempted harder content and didn't fall, and it's by far the best out of any American this year.

At only 13 y.o. it will be a good test of how Lim handles her nerves, that's for sure! She'll have plenty of time to think about it in the locker room as well between her 6 minute warm-up and the time she performs (what a wonderful learning experience too). Having to get on the ice when Honda is exiting and then having to hear Honda's score may possibly rattle her but I for one am a big Lim fan and absolutely love how supportive and helpful Queen Yuna has been to the future skaters of Korea!

Just a follow-up on my own comment :) Lim looked really good IMO, she gave away 4th Place to Lin (wow, try writing that quick 10 times, Lim, Lin, etc, hehe) with that fall but I'm sure she will come back in the FS. I just noticed that in every JGP this year, the Russians, Japanese and Koreans always beat the US. I'm not so sure why we even compete (just being silly), the ISU should just give us 6th Place (if not competing in Russia or Japan in which case the Host country gets 3 spots so the US gets 7th place - Saransk and Yokohama). I do strongly believe though, that Tessa may be the knight in shining armor next week who breaks this Russia/Japan/Korea trend. I like Lin, but do not think she will have the ability to overcome this sad, but realistic trend (unless Lin stays dry and Lim goes down a couple of times - which is certainly possible). No speculation on my part, time will tell.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Marin has to be PERFECT in the free to fight for a chance to the JGPF, I hope she makes it

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just a follow-up on my own comment :) Lim looked really good IMO, she gave away 4th Place to Lin (wow, try writing that quick 10 times, Lim, Lin, etc, hehe) with that fall but I'm sure she will come back in the FS. I just noticed that in every JGP this year, the Russians, Japanese and Koreans always beat the US. I'm not so sure why we even compete (just being silly), the ISU should just give us 6th Place (if not competing in Russia or Japan in which case the Host country gets 3 spots so the US gets 7th place - Saransk and Yokohama). I do strongly believe though, that Tessa may be the knight in shining armor next week who breaks this Russia/Japan/Korea trend. I like Lin, but do not think she will have the ability to overcome this sad, but realistic trend (unless Lin stays dry and Lim goes down a couple of times - which is certainly possible). No speculation on my part, time will tell.

I just think we're in a rebuilding period and I'm hoping we'll see better results next season. The problem this season is that we had no anchor to propel the US team. Vivian Le was that anchor in 2015, Karen Chen in 2014 (and even she didn't make JGPF by one spot), Polina Edmunds in 2013 and so on.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Matilda's performance was best for me here. Like Giada Russo, I feel she can wow the audience at European championships this year if she performs there with this quality. I hope she gets higher PCS next time because she has so good SS and IN and PE abilities. However as long as skaters don't rotate 3-3, their PCS can't be awarded much though.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Last edited: