2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
They deserved it, the tech is there and Savchenko/Massot made mistakes.

So far, compared to Skate America and Skate Canada, no home cooking at all here.

Very nice GOEs here for the Russians. Skate Canada had a very conservatively judged pairs event.

Clean skate. Well deserved win. After Canadian home inflated madness at CoR all seems fine. :)

Such home inflation that Chan's SP PCS are now lower than Javier Fernandez's. :biggrin:

Lota

Record Breaker
That was very cool in feel and quite lovely in that chilliness. Love colour of her dress. Fits the music beautifully. Still a trifle dull in comparison to some. But then it worked! Lol

I know, I was thinking during the skate that it was a very lovely pale green :luv17: They both looked great together tbh. A bit more personality would be nice, but I still kinda like what I see.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I personally aesthetically prefer BD to EZ but. If you don't have clean elements u will go nowhere
(Not sure BD exist tho at this point. Haven't seen any news)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I personally aesthetically prefer BD to EZ but. If you don't have clean elements u will go nowhere
(Not sure BD exist tho at this point. Haven't seen any news)

I heard he tried out with Proklova... only a rumor though.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OK, I'm going to say it.

Bruno can't dance.

He lumbers around like a drunk frat boy.

And that program needs PERSONALITY.. She has it. But he's pretty stone faced. They had more personality laughing at their salchow screwups.

And I like them. But I'd send Bruno to an ID coach in the next off season. He needs to loosen up.

:laugh: There’s a long way to Pyeongchang though :party2: Enough for now to focus on tech and Aliona being her great natural personality :thumbsup:

Come to think of it, do you think Robin was a better dancer?

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Why is S\M's lift marked up by all the judges ? 6.40 points ?

There are a lot of categories for GOE. They had a good entry and exit.

ETA: Base value for no level reverse lasso lift is 5.50

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very nice GOEs here for the Russians. Skate Canada had a very conservatively judged pairs event.

Such home inflation that Chan's SP PCS are now lower than Javier Fernandez's. :biggrin:

Javier didn't fall on his 3a, and he had TWO quads in his SP to Chan's one.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Wow Proklova really!!! news to me. It's good if it's true I missed her!

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am shocked about S/M´s falls. They miss so much.

Twist only level 2
Double Fall
Doublefooted on the Axel
only level B and negativ GOE on the lift
level 3 on the DS.

I think they lost around 11 point only technical. There is a lot of work to do.

The first class pairs fell today and the second calss pairs made the day.

TGee

Record Breaker
protocols

A lot is about levels

Well, one can't complain about a stringent tech panel.... would really prefer to see that early in the year, as we also did at Skate Canada. That way, skaters know what they need to do.

As Kurt Browning said a couple of years ago, it's bad parenting by the judges and the ISU to be tolerant of tech errors early in the season and then start getting tough at Europeans, 4CC and Worlds..

Two thoughts though:

1] Gosh they are tough calling levels on the 3TW....almost every team got a level 2.... ---I think it's mainly based on the catch and landing, but would welcome insights...

2] Still wondering how the lack of synch by M/H on the SBS played out....definitely got some downgraded GOE, but overall was slightly positive...

Last edited: