2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yeah, you're right, the short is fine. It does look like they have fun skating it, too.

But this long. S/M were rewarded with those PCS because the program is beautiful. T/M will continue to lose points there until they have a program from this decade (as opposed to three decades ago).

I'm starting to think they don't advocate for themselves enough. They should be saying to the Russian Fed: "Look, we aren't getting the PCS for this program and if S/k don't come back for Worlds we are the best chance you have for getting 3 spots for the Olympics. Help us get a better long."

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
No, her pairs are just the most elegant pairs in figure skating, period.

It's like bashing on Carolina Kostner's skating, no way. :noshake:

No. Moskvina's pairs are the elegant pairs in figure skating.

LadyB

Record Breaker
EDIT: T/M didn't win.....Did I miss something except the botched 3-2-2 combo? T/M place in 3rd at the FS? I guess they missed some levels.

Yes, you forgot that at GPs the home nations are always favoured:laugh: Bruno is French and James/Cipres have an automatic right to be placed higher than a Russian team, that happened before with Astakhova/Rogonov despite having a series of mistakes. Oh well, T/M are on their way up and I love it. Love the song as well, but they need to put more passion into it. Z/E are in good shape as well, given that nobody expected too much of them when season started. Duhamel/Radford can and will still show S/M the ropes in time. Looking forward to it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thanks for doing the math for me! :) Glad T/M are going to the finals.

The thought of not having a top Russian team is just..depressing to me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well you are asking them to focus on completely different elements... i too wonder why no 4twist... but yeah... i think that two new throws was a bit too much for them this year...
Aljona and Bruno really have to re-think everthing techical.

The programs are superb and I go with the PCS but want to see some conistency!!

Ditch the 4STh and make a clean 3STh. Just do 3S+2T and do a 4Tw and work on the levels of the twist. This seems to be more useful than everthing else

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think they don't advocate for themselves enough. They should be saying to the Russian Fed: "Look, we aren't getting the PCS for this program and if S/k don't come back for Worlds we are the best chance you have for getting 3 spots for the Olympics. Help us get a better long."

I'm a massive S/K fan but I couldn't agree more. They need more promotion and, just maybe, a different training approach. They're not stepping up as 'we are the number one team now', which they should as long as S/K are not back to form.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wonder if it's because they didn't expect to be the number one team until after the Olympics so they aren't prepared for it emotionally?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
j/c deserved their medal today... as for bruno being french, i'm not sure how helpful that is considering the french fed was angry at him...
Yes, you forgot that at GPs the home nations are always favoured:laugh: Bruno is French and James/Cipres have an automatic right to be placed higher than a Russian team, that happened before with Astakhova/Rogonov despite having a series of mistakes. Oh well, T/M are on their way up and I love it. Love the song as well, but they need to put more passion into it. Z/E are in good shape as well, given that nobody expected too much of them when season started. Duhamel/Radford can and will still show S/M the ropes in time. Looking forward to it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Elegant it's debatable. Anyway, it's not what I was talking about. You can be elegant and skate programs that are bad or outdated. TM are the perfect example. Or VT. Thanks to Morozov for once, SK are in a different league on that point.

VT and SK's programs last year were simply the best, so i don't know why this should be just Nina Mozer's fault.

TM aren't at that level yet, but they are on a good path and they have an exceptional team behind. I like their short program a lot, i don't think it's outdated or bad, the free skate could be better.

yqs100

On the Ice
S/M's pcs is a mistery. No matter how bad they are done, the score won't go down....however, for other pairs, the pcs will go down a lot if they don't have a good routine.

This is unfair for other pair trying new difficult elements.....don't understand.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
VT and SK's programs last year were simply the best, so i don't know why this should be just Nina Mozer's fault.

TM aren't at that level yet, but they are on a good path and they have an exceptional team behind. I like their short program a lot, i don't think it's outdated or bad, the free skate could be better.

for what my opinion is worth, I don't think VT's bollywood was tasteful... just my opinion. But i did like S/K's programs