2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP

Victura

On the Ice
At first I thought Zhang/Zhang were brother and sister and now with the Wangs (but they aren't, are they?)

Nope, neither team is related. Both Zhang and Wang are extremely common Chinese last names though.

Yay Peng/Jin and Wang/Wang!! I just love both teams, each so charming in their own way.

bobbob

Medalist
Here it's not automatic anymore. You have to apply to change it to your husband's name.

At first I thought Zhang/Zhang were brother and sister and now with the Wangs (but they aren't, are they?)

No, they aren't, in China a lot of last names are very common. Also in the Mainland China women use maiden names anyways.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Ok so the dude who sings "Take Me To Church" (Hozier? Is that how you spell it?) was on the radio a few years ago when the song first became popular, and he went on a spiel about how he wants to be "different" and "risqué" by recording this sexual song. :laugh2: Bro, do you even radio? Pretty well EVERY too 40 pop song making its rounds on the radio waves is about sex. I guess he doesn't get out of the house much.

I think I laughed for 48 hours straight after hearing him say that.

I basically looked like this emoji: :rofl:

Well, I think it deals with sexuality in a criticism of religion
So i wouldn't laugh too hard,
But have your fun if you must ;)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Here it's not automatic anymore. You have to apply to change it to your husband's name.

Nope no relation, Zhang, Wang/Wong, Chen/Chan, Liu are all super common Chinese last names, I'm one of them.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ok so the dude who sings "Take Me To Church" (Hozier? Is that how you spell it?) was on the radio a few years ago when the song first became popular, and he went on a spiel about how he wants to be "different" and "risqué" by recording this sexual song. :laugh2: Bro, do you even radio? Pretty well EVERY too 40 pop song making its rounds on the radio waves is about sex. I guess he doesn't get out of the house much.

I think I laughed for 48 hours straight after hearing him say that.

I basically looked like this emoji: :rofl:

I thought the song was about being gay? Maybe that was what he was referring to. Though having seen a couple of musicians egos up close, you're probably right :laugh2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And no wonder if it's anything like where I live. My friend was just complaining to me how she and her new husband ended up owing MORE in taxes after they got married than when they had been living in sin!
Tax laws here have been tinkered with to remove the penalty for being married instead of commonlaw. They are the same. But as a commonlaw couple you can lie and pretend you aren't a couple and you can't really do that as a married couple.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Nope, neither team is related. Both Zhang and Wang are extremely common Chinese last names though.

Yay Peng/Jin and Wang/Wang!! I just love both teams, each so charming in their own way.

Like Smith and Smith? Or Johnson and Johnson?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
pretty tough here to lie about being common law.... it becomes automatic after living together for 12 months if i am not mistaken...
Tax laws here have been tinkered with to remove the penalty for being married instead of commonlaw. They are the same. But as a commonlaw couple you can lie and pretend you aren't a couple and you can't really do that as a married couple.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:eek:topic:Totally off topic but in order to block out the Hozier song I began thinking about Thanksgiving turkey and gravy then I remembered my cameras were in my car so I went out to get them and I swear a skunk just tried to spray me!! That was really unexpected and smelly. :p

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well considering your avatar, maybe the skunk wanted to seduce you... just thought you were a big boy
:eek:topic:Totally off topic but in order to block out the Hozier song I began thinking about Thanksgiving turkey and gravy then I remembered my cameras were in my car so I went out to get them and I swear a skunk just tried to spray me!! That was really unexpected and smelly. :p

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
pretty tough here to lie about being common law.... it becomes automatic after living together for 12 months if i am not mistaken...
It actually can work in your favour on the federal tax forms. It's all about how you declare and how you move the credits around. I do taxes for people on a volunteer basis (new canadians and people who just can't handle doing them by themselves) and I often have to move a lot of stuff around to get them the best return. Luckily the software makes it so much easier than it used to be.

Such a sadly short competition. Pairs is so decimated this year.

Seemed like a fair result to me. I'd have put the Chinese team first.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It actually can work in your favour on the federal tax forms. It's all about how you declare and how you move the credits around. I do taxes for people on a volunteer basis (new canadians and people who just can't handle doing them by themselves) and I often have to move a lot of stuff around to get them the best return. Luckily the software makes it so much easier than it used to be.

Such a sadly short competition. Pairs is so decimated this year.

Seemed like a fair result to me. I'd have put the Chinese team first.

very underwhelming short... to say the least but great skate for P/J.

Regarding taxes... how does it work for let's say a 38 boy harem?