2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS

rollerblade

Record Breaker
lol, Satoko got a 64 and a 133, Medvedeva is scoring world records (78, 150) with flutzes and other problems. Seriously, I give up :slink:

Ok, so what do you suggest regarding Satoko's scores? Maybe 4 ur calls and an edge call were not enough, the jugdes should actually downgrade all her jumps or give her -10.00 point deduction for being tiny and having horrible jumps. Wait, she would still get the bronze that way, maybe you should create some new deductions.

I know right. Not sure what they are so up in arms about. :scratch2: Maybe it's a language barrier.

Even if you place Satoko dead LAST here, thus bumping everyone up one standing.... Wakaba would be 3rd here and will grab the 6th GPF spot over Ashley.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
In fact a much better event than the previous one.

Anna stood out for me. I am not sure if her edge on flip is curable. May be it's just a specific tech panel here - she very often gets ! but I can't remember e. Then there were some rough moments with spins and a stumble on 2A. The rest was perfect. When she skates this program 100% clean this will be a masterpiece to rewatch for the years to come.

I like Satoko's FS especially the transition from her usual boring routine at the beginning to the emotional middle part when she grabs your attention and keeps it till the end. Her spins are exquisite. Her StSq was fabulous. Her jumps are tiny. And the judges wanted her to get as high place as possible. Technically it did not matter if she was 2nd or 3rd - she would get to GPF anyway. But she is Japan's #1 and losing the podiums pecking order to a last year Russian junior would be emotionally taxing. I am sure she is an ambitious person and wants to compete with the top skaters for the top podiums. I would not say she was overscored in FS - rather in SP.

Maria is gorgeous but I cannot connect with her skating yet. In fact I enjoyed her last season programs more, especially Black magic woman. For me she should have been second here. In the slo-mo of her big combo the flip was UR but the salchov looked fine. Anyway, she is already at GPF. I remember there was winners/losers thread. No one cared much about her back then. And everyone including me said that Ashley was a winner as CoC field was weak. Well, well, well.

I am lazy to calculate how many times I predicted specific posts in ladies discussion. In fact quite a lot including the mandatory Evgenya's bashing. Come on guys, you like it or not but no one can beat clean Medvedeva.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
lol, the Japanese judge didn't like anybody except Satoko: https://a.cocaine.ninja/olvmvx.jpg

You know reading this just proves, the competition would be a lot FAIRER if the judges have no federation invested interest in the scoring. Australia and China judges are by far the fairest of them all. Japan is desperate for Satoko. The reason Satoko got her best PCS ever also has to do with the fact Mao is injured therefore no longer perceived as the Japan #1, same as Jason Brown, the moment he is no longer in contention, Nathan Chen's PCS shot up. I'd even go as far as to say same with Evegenia's PCS boost was a product of Liza's and Julia's inconsistent issues last year.

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I guess I finally get a Russian girl to root for now! Maria Sotokova(?) ! She has the smoothest basic skating skill and the best posture IMO among all the telanted Russian girls and she has this lady like figure and it doesn't hurt she is so sweetly beautiful:luv17: This is the first time I watch her skating and I hope one day she will come around to this side of the globe and I can watch her skating live.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I guess I finally get a Russian girl to root for now! Maria Sotokova(?) ! She has the smoothest basic skating skill and the best posture IMO among all the telanted Russian girls and she has this lady like figure and it doesn't hurt she is so sweetly beautiful:luv17: This is the first time I watch her skating and I hope one day she will come around to this side of the globe and I can watch her skating live.

Good for you. For me personally I fear that she might be a little limited concerning PCS. She seems like a shy girl, too shy and withdrawn for that sport. I admire everyone that puts themselve out there at such a young age, she surely still has time to grow into all that. Interestingly enough I think her biggest rival right now is Radionova, who is arguably the most attention drawing, outgoing Russian skater of her generation. Let's see how these two will battle it out. I guess, Leonok has the edge here. She has been constantly in the GPF in these last years. She never made it to the top exactly, but she's always there, when she is needed. True grit.

berry8

Final Flight
Joking? Medvedeva has UR's - first. And the second - it's wrong to call somebody the best FIGURE SKATER only because he/she is a good jumper. Figure Skating is not only about jumps... That tano-hysteria is only a tano-hysteria...

I am not joking at all... Get high and strong jumps and u'll get paid back...
The winner is almost always that Who gets the highest TEScore so the best jumper

I am not saying it is right... Yet it works so like that... Figure skating is a sport at the end

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
I am not joking at all... Get high and strong jumps and u'll get paid back...

Medvedeva - and high and strong jumps? You are joking... High and strong jumps - it's about someone like Tuktamysheva or Higuchi, but not about Medvedeva with her mediocre jumps with UR's and flutz.

Only because of tano-hysteria Med's jumps seem to be more, than mediocre.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
poor Grishin tho
He kept calculating the whole broadcast how to get Ash into the final:laugh:
poor thing he's heartbroken!:console:

Lambari

Final Flight
Anna Pogo: I'm really loving Anna even more this season and her confidence, her FS here was not my favourite of her outings althought it was great, but I hope she wil mantain her consistency till the end of the season. Ladies seems to have less problem in keeping the form throughout the whole season than the men so I'm not that much concerned. Go Anna! :cheer:

Satoko: :love: Satoko was my everything and beyond at this FP. And don't care even a little for Star Wars. Unlike Pogo and Maria she seemed much more connected to the program, although I liked all three.

Maria: I still remember when she was one of my favourite junior russian ladies at this time. Then she lost me a bit, she became what Nicole Rajicova was for me at least at this competition (I remember Nicole being one of my highlights at some random competition that I don't remember) because I thought her FP this season is quite monotonous and generic but somehow I really liked her poise here and she made it work for me. Will probably become one of my favourite russian ladies later on.

Wakaba: I want something more like her EX for her, which I love. thought her lack of face expressions was quite disconnected here to the theme. Also, stop!warhorses2016.

Karen Chen: Not much to say other than her outfit is a yes and the fire in her eyes also a yes. She was my second favourite in interpretation behind Satoko although generic tangos are one of my nemesis.

Elizabet: I'm always astounded at how fast she can be giving her size (or look fast at least since I didn't see her live by any means). She's a bit like Satoko in terms of being tiny but even more dynamic than taller ladies, although Satoko is much more refined of course. Elizabet's blank face also bothered me but at the very end I saw a faint smile and was a little pleased. I'm liking her skating now much more than her debut senior season.

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Just watched Mira's LP. Wow...the judges are back to killing her on technical levels. Even her spins are just a level 3...really? Her performance was not podium level but she deserved higher than 116. If Mirai could just change the emotionless face and attack her step sequence a little more maybe that would help. Obviously those issues have nothing to do with her technical marks for jumps but the judges look for something to mark her down on rather than what to give her as a positive. Discouraging.

elif

Medalist
Again, not comparing to other competitions (this is not 4cc).

I know there is no home PCS gift in 4CC. Satako Miyahara almost scoring 70 PCS -which is Medvedeva/Wagner area- is joke. I'm sure her score will turn normal (66-67) outside of Japan.:biggrin:

whatif

Medalist
Well, Sotskova is a 64-65PCS skater, for me. So it's just 2 points which would not make much difference. A lot of judges actually put Higuchi ahead in FS and some struggled. What worked for Maria is a contrast, judges are also human. She has a very good ice presence and a very distinctive style which influences judging. If I ever her coach I would be more worried about TES score. That was brutal.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Well, Sotskova is a 64-65PCS skater, for me. So it's just 2 points which would not make much difference. A lot of judges actually put Higuchi ahead in FS and some struggled. What worked for Maria is a contrast, judges are also human. She has a very good ice presence and a very distinctive style which influences judging. If I ever her coach I would be more worried about TES score. That was brutal.

She even got a carrot on the half loop.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Maria's PCS are coming along nicely! She is such a breath-taking skater! :love:

I live for the outrage of the British Eurosport commentator (Simon is it?) over Maria's scores. He was not having it! He thought she had made a great case to win the event. If there is a God, she will get that third Russian spot to Worlds.

Anna just gets better and better! Love her and hope she can move up to second at Worlds.

The Zhenya hate is so boring. :yawn: It's not even amusing anymore.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Satokos FS and performance are MAGNIFICENT. One of the best free programs of this season, and her interpretation of it blew me away.

If only she had bigger jumps, she would be unstoppable. Her artistry and polish are miles ahead of the top Russians.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Satokos FS and performance are MAGNIFICENT. One of the best free programs of this season, and her interpretation of it blew me away.
If only she had bigger jumps, she would be unstoppable. Her artistry and polish are miles ahead of the top Russians.
The issue is not the size of her jumps but the amount of pre-rotation she has in her toe jumps which can be spotted in real time.