2016-17 GPF Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
because they are not yet gelling like a pair??? just asking a question here. Ice coverage, speed, unison, refinement. It's a playful and fun program at the beginnning, but the mood isn't sustained.

Since when speed is taken into account of PE? I thought it's part of SS note? And there is more to the program mood than just beginning.

Anyway, Y/Z is second, with again, lower PCS than D/R...

andromache

Record Breaker
Rooting for Y/Z to win. An unexpected loss for T/M (who I also like a lot) will hopefully kick Nina Mozer in the butt so she stops giving them such snoozey programs. Their LP is much worse than the SP.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Only if MM starts learning to lift properly. He had another aborted lift this weekend. At least he didn't drop her on the twist. I can't enjoy them. I really do think he's going to hurt her one day. I need more confidence in him to enjoy their skating.

And if Lubov doesn't start landing those SBS jumps it might be them out of the picture.

Good point. Hell, Camille and Andrew or Brittany and Josh might actually manage to sneak in.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I just can't like this pair no matter how hard I try. I can't. I hate Zhang and Zhao for doing that.

Similar for me. Even if people like them as a pair, the fact that Yu was forced to switch partners against her will still really makes me sad for her.

I also don't really like Y/Z as a pair that much. IMO, she's more airy, elegant and soft, while he's more about power, and it doesn't really compliment each other as much as it just... doesn't fit for me.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
This will be a amazing Competition tomorrow

I predict yu/zhang to win.

kinda on this boat too
Tarasova/Morozov are too unpredictable. Guns ablazed in the SP but marred by mistakes in the LP. :sarcasm:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Rooting for Y/Z to win. An unexpected loss for T/M (who I also like a lot) will hopefully kick Nina Mozer in the butt so she stops giving them such snoozey programs. Their LP is much worse than the SP.

I'm also rooting for Y/Z to win to be honest. I hate T/M's long program with a passion. But they do deserve to be in first tonight. I like their short about a million times more than the long.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Russia : China : Canada = 1+5 : 2+4 : 3+6 = 6:6:9. Nice duel for the FS, and who knows how the Canadians will come back.

If you don't already know, EdgeCall...never underestimate a Canadian! BTW, my handle is Osmond4gold!

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
That seems to be the case Sarah. And even with D/R sitting in 3rd after the short posters are still upset with their score! Seems CAN skaters can not catch a break unless it is due to bad judging.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
perfect? did you turn a blind eye on those spins?

ok i admit i got a bit crazy and ignored the flaw on the sbs spin, let's say 95% perfect lol!

btw, Gracie had a meltdown again at Zagreb :(...

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I was unhappy when China first switched the pairs up but the joy on Peng's face has made me a believer. She seems so happy while many times last year she looked like she was off to an execution.

andromache

Record Breaker
Let's also recognize the obvious: P/J have been slated as Chinese #3 and they will continue to be lowballed because no one in ISU wants 3 Chinese pair teams in genuine World medal contention.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The Chinese throw technique though still kinda scares me. The men's skates (both feet) always skips off the ice when they chuck their pumpkins.... I mean throw their partners.

How do you account for their partners almost always landing beautifully and better than almost all other Pairs in the world? Chinese Pairs throws are legendary.