2016-17 GPF Pairs SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs SP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
One really has to wonder what is going on with Juianne and Charlie this year. They were so on fire the last couple years and now they are moving backyards. They hardly ever made major errors in their programs and here they both make one each! If they do not get it together soon they may not even make the top 3 in Canada.

Somewhere in Quebec right now, KMT is sighing in relief ...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well done Y/Z. 2nd I guess.

I would have flipped P/J with D/R to be honest.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I love the two Chinese pairs before they switched partners, and now I still love them. For me, it works. I love watching them.

coucou84

On the Ice
Actually, it was Skate Canada Challenge, the sole pre-national qualifier. National team members and international competitors have a bye, but many compete at Challenge even so.

Julianne and Charlie skated this SP clean there....really hard to see them falling with it here after dropping the new one for this season. Coming back to their previous level of consistency as a team after last year's injury seems tougher than anticipated.

My bad! Thanks for the correction, it was at Skate Canada Challenge hehe :p Gabby Daleman competed too..... how did I forget.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
okay, one discipline pretty massacred regarding my predictions...:hopelessness:

...another 3 to go (or massacre too):cheer:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Some rough corners here and there, but overall they work very well together. Really beautiful to watch.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
because they are not yet gelling like a pair??? just asking a question here. Ice coverage, speed, unison, refinement. It's a playful and fun program at the beginnning, but the mood isn't sustained.
P/J has worse score for PE than D/R which I find ridiculous for what we have seen today... TES is actually slightly higher than D/R, so they lost purely on PCS (almost 2 points!), and I would like to know why, when they skated clean.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
74-75? Well done except the little wobble on the SBS spins. Hao is always late to the tempo when they change their another spin position.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
World / Olympics medalists get PCS cushions over others. See: Evgenia Medvedeva, Yuzuru Hanyu, etc. D/R are not unique.

But unlike Patrick Chan, PCS were never D/R strong point, they got high PCS only because of clean performances, while having high TES, and you could argue, they deserved it. But with messy skate? Why? UGH, I get it, it's not only them, but it's hurting other teams :(

Y/Z did well, though not best of best. Why their PCS is so much higher than P/J? I mean, seriously, P/J were underscored.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I just can't like this pair no matter how hard I try. I can't. I hate Zhang and Zhao for doing that.

honestly the hate for Zhang is bothering me so much. He obeyed orders from his fed and did the switch like the 3 others. He just had the bad idea to be quite happy about it so he deserves hate??

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Turns out the Chinese knew what they were doing all along when this partner switch occurred. I guess they get the last laugh.

andromache

Record Breaker
Yu lands throws better than anyone else.

Gorgeous skate. She has a regal quality to her that suits Zhang better than Peng did. Zhang outshone Peng, Yu outshone Jin, so this is a better match. Neither outshines the other in either pair, IMO.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Do y'all think the Taiwan youtube stream will continue on to the mens, too? *fingers crossed*

2nd by only a couple of points!