2016-17 GPF Pairs SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs SP

Lysambre

Final Flight
Well, the two canadian teams were surprising, alas not in the way I expected to be :(.

Otherwise it was a pretty nice event to watch.

And you guys make me enjoy it even more, so thanks for the company (actually, pairs is slowly becoming one of my fav event to watch, which is very surprising for me XD)

Giselle

Medalist
I just can't like this pair no matter how hard I try. I can't. I hate Zhang and Zhao for doing that.

Me too. David Wilson's interview this week bought back all of the bad memories to me.
I get why people are excited about the new pairs but I honestly believe that Yu/Jin could have done at least as well as Yu/Zhang are doing this year.

matcha

Medalist
I only caught the Chinese team, but surprised to see T/M in front tbh (and I like them lol). Now to catch up.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Wow they really are trying to kill me with Shelter... the feels are coming back again :hopelessness:

Going to say this... I feel like out of sync SBS spin is mostly Zhang Hao's fault. He can't get spins right with Peng and he can't get them right now with Yu, whereas Yu and Peng's SBS spins with Yang Jin were mostly spot on. Zhang needs to work on the spins or else that's a lot of points lost.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
okay, off to prepare food and then 5 quad brothers party in Men's thread:cheer:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Kirsten Moore Towers. ;)

She's sighing in relief because if S/B keep performing like this, she and Michael might actually make it to the Olympics.

Only if MM starts learning to lift properly. He had another aborted lift this weekend. At least he didn't drop her on the twist. I can't enjoy them. I really do think he's going to hurt her one day. I need more confidence in him to enjoy their skating.

And if Lubov doesn't start landing those SBS jumps it might be them out of the picture.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Russia : China : Canada = 1+5 : 2+4 : 3+6 = 6:6:9. Nice duel for the FS, and who knows how the Canadians will come back.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
P/J was definitely massively underscored, but I think at this point I am just glad that they nailed the SBS jumps and got above 70, because who knows what abysmal score the judges would've handed them had Peng messed up her 3T again...

rollerblade

Record Breaker
The Chinese throw technique though still kinda scares me. The men's skates (both feet) always skips off the ice when they chuck their pumpkins.... I mean throw their partners.