2017 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

skatemouse

On the Ice
The scoring at Euros was way more inflated. Under the same scoring, T/M would probably have finished around 218-220.
Agreed Europeans was WAY WAY INFLATED and this competition was WAY WAY HARSH. Some consistency please!!! SO World's will be???

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Time to go have a breakfast break before the Ladies begin.

Art&Sport

Medalist
let's see what happens...

last two years S/H win 4cc D/R win worlds... we will see... but it will take a fabulous skate to beat S/H... these two programs are very strong

Right, S/H look to be strong in their comeback. I don't like their fp as much as their sp though. If D/R had skated better in both programs they would have had a chance of coming out on top. We'll see what happens at Worlds. I think S/H are much better than T/M. Stol/Klim have been inconsistent, and Sav/Mas have very good programs. It will be an interesting battle.

Luba/Dylan have wonderful programs too, but they need to skate clean to go high at Worlds. They are clearly better than the third Russians, but not necessarily better than a solid French team with a throw quad.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Sui tears make me so emotional :sad21: This program was supposed to reflect S/H's hardships over the years, especially with the painful surgery Wenjing had over the spring/summer. I remember her saying that it was so painful she couldn't even walk and that she couldn't sleep because it was too much to bear. I still can't believe how strong of a performance they put out with it being just the first competition of the season for them! I can't wait to see this performed at its full potential; I can tell it will be a beautiful and meaningful performance for both of them.
They're both still pretty young for a pairs team but they've been together for about 10 years - longer than most! And it definitely shows in their performance quality, elements, and teamwork.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The best part of that program was the musicality. Sure, the elements were great, but they conveyed the emotion of the music. Far better than anyone else in the last flight. Not even close.

Young and fresh. The Chinese have done a fantastic job of packaging this pair.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Just woke up. When I watch, Lubov can't land a thing, and when I sleep she lands everything. I should sleep more often.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I M are so happy and i am so happy for them... they could be the most incredible pair if they landed their stuff and ditched tacky music

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Wow S/H only got base level for the pairs spin... but that's only since they were running out of time. Room to improve at Worlds! Her 3T looks solid now!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
watching how awful meagan took off on her lutz, it's a miracle she sort of landed it and is still alive.... go watch the slow mo replay... she was all over the place... good for her and she tacked the 2t after... eric, of course, seeing how crazy her lutz was, wasn't able to follow and popped his.. LOL... very strange lutz mistakes for them this week...

bobbob

Medalist
Wow S/H only got base level for the pairs spin... but that's only since they were running out of time. Room to improve at Worlds! Her 3T looks solid now!

Seems like judges were pretty harsh on the pairs spin. Sui and Han got lvl 1 plus missing feature, SKK got no level plus missing feature...losses of like 2.5 points..

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Megan does not have on her happy face on the medal podium. she's not unhappy but it's definitely a "okay, lets not do this again" face.

Sui looks like she's going to cry again.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, the judges dumped Duhamel and Radford. Look at Sui and Han's pcs. They are wonderful but I am shocked by so much. D and R must be devastated. World champs and tes close to Sui and Han and they got decimated. Now the problem I have with this (D/R v. S/H pcs is that Chan and Brown do not get that kind of scores/respect in men's. I would suggest Chen and Boyang for exampel should have a far greater score differentiation from Hanyu and Chan than what should be between S/H and D/R.

zebobes

Final Flight
Seems like judges were pretty harsh on the pairs spin. Sui and Han got lvl 1 plus missing feature, SKK got no level plus missing feature...losses of like 2.5 points..

Sui and Han's pair spin is so stunning and different, but it's very risky. If they fall out of position in any way, they lose a lot of points for their spins. I hope they keep it though, and just figure out how to make sure they have enough time for it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hehe.. funny Han on the podium. While Eric and Dylan tower over their partners he has to get on his tippy toes to see over her. Love it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I thought the music was bland but they sold the music along with their performance to me.

The best part of that program was the musicality. Sure, the elements were great, but they conveyed the emotion of the music. Far better than anyone else in the last flight. Not even close.

Young and fresh. The Chinese have done a fantastic job of packaging this pair.