2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS

sallycinnamon

Medalist
What a fierce competitor Zagitova is, I'm speechless! Congratulations on winning the junior worlds title!

Congratulations to everyone else too, in the last group! Marin brought me to tears, Kaori did an amazing job, I'm so happy for Eunsoo's 4th place, and Yuna and Stanislava also did their bests. :)
What a competition!

I'm watching this with a 11-old guest right now, and I couldn't stop laughing at her comments, she once told during Yuna's program when Send in the clowns music started, 'hey it's the other Yuna's music and she even copied her name! I bet she copied it because of the other Yuna' :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Interviewer: what's your impression of the Taiwanese audience?
Alina (through translator): They have been warm and welcoming to me since I arrived.

LOL…Fuji TV carried the interview, but apparently didn't have anyone on hand that could translate Russian or Taiwanese.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Well understandable win for Alina. I guess everyone will have to backload and do tanos to be a contender now.

When ever I see a post like this it confuses me.

This is not new. Zhenya has had programs that are backloaded for a while now. People have been whining about it, and the tanos, ever since then. And? Nothing has changed. Why? Because it is so darn difficult to do.
That's the rub. Nobody is preventing people from doing it, it's just hard.

____

Plus, once Zagi turns Senior, it's a whole different ball game. For her, and Marin. They will still be juniors coming in, right into the Olympic season with all the politicking and already established names.
For one, I expect Zagi's programs to become more like Zhenya's in terms of being spread out and for her to start developing more when she switches to Seniros. She's still just 14 and many, many challenges to come her way.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
All of these medals are for ants. I know these ladies are tiny but still!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Well, the judge panel was all European, which probably accounts for Marin and Alina's similar PCS, if we're going by political conspiracies. Even then, Alina's TES was high enough it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Eh... I've been critical of Alinas scores before, and I still think she needs to be docked more in CO for example for how unbalanced her programs are. But really, this narrative now that Marin was such a PCS queen and Alina so behind in PCS overall is nothing but GS fairy tale emergence. Alina for example deserves to have the higher TR score - she has more of them in general, there is more one foot skating, more multi directional skating (though Marin is far from bad in those categories too). Her quality isn't as good as Marins, but difficulty and variety, 2 out of 3 categories, go to her. So there is that.

And if people really want to argue with the PCS, I think we can argue with the TES too, where Alina rightfully has a big advantage. The standings are right, IMO.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What a fierce competitor Zagitova is, I'm speechless! Congratulations on winning the junior worlds title!

Congratulations to everyone else too, in the last group! Marin brought me to tears, Kaori did an amazing job, I'm so happy for Eunsoo's 4th place, and Yuna and Stanislava also did their bests. :)
What a competition!

I'm watching this with a 11-old guest right now, and I couldn't stop laughing at her comments, she once told during Yuna's program when Send in the clowns music started, 'hey it's the other Yuna's music and she even copied her name! I bet she copied it because of the other Yuna' :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2:

:rofl:

frida80

Record Breaker
really? where? do you have any links? I think that is an incredibly smart decision if they add a zayak rule. two tanos per program please. (and once in the short?)

Bryan Orsar kinda mentioned it when he was criticizing Elizabet for over using them in her long at 4CC.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Zagitova?

I was just writing a reply saying "Nope. Too young".

But then I decided to look up the dates, and the deadline for Seniors next season is 1[SUP]st[/SUP] July 2002.

So, given that she was born on 18[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2002, she will actually be old enough.

Scary thought!

CaroLiza_fan
Scary for all Russian skaters. The pressure on them only increases. It's ridiculous, I think we've already seen today what it does to some of them. But Russia will have the best competitors, not necessarily the best/most talented skaters. But that's how you win medals. Pogorilaya will have to start to think about backloading. And who cares wether Alina can still jump at 16? No one, she can win her Olympic medal before that.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's over! What a competition! Great job girls:hap10:.
I was too nervous to post anything, but their nerves are much stronger than mine.

Kaori! I am very happy for you! I don't care much about Alina nor Marin, because you are my favorite;) Your smile always makes me happy!

Kaori was so cute, and seemed so happy with her bronze. Awesome.

liv

Record Breaker
really? where? do you have any links? I think that is an incredibly smart decision if they add a zayak rule. two tanos per program please. (and once in the short?)

Brian Orser was overheard talking to Elizabet Tursinbaeva at 4CC in the KnC that they were thinking of limiting them next year... that the judges don't like it. That's all we know.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
All of these medals are for ants. I know these ladies are tiny but still!

I was commenting on that last night after the pairs, I know it's not only about the medal but, they should at least be a bit more generous size wise unless they're solid gold, silver and bronze.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Eh... I've been critical of Alinas scores before, and I still think she needs to be docked more in CO for example for how unbalanced her programs are. But really, this narrative now that Marin was such a PCS queen and Alina so behind in PCS overall is nothing but GS fairy tale emergence. Alina for example deserves to have the higher TR score - she has more of them in general, there is more one foot skating, more multi directional skating (though Marin is far from bad in those categories too). Her quality isn't as good as Marins, but difficulty and variety, 2 out of 3 categories, go to her. So there is that.

And if people really want to argue with the PCS, I think we can argue with the TES too, where Alina rightfully has a big advantage. The standings are right, IMO.

I'm not debating that at all. Alina is the deserving winner. Even if Marin got higher PCS, the difference in TES would probably not have made a difference. And I agree with the TR score, which I pointed out earlier as amusing me, though Alina should get lower CO in my opinion.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

What a competition!

thats adorable! I actually thought the same! (to a lesser extent of course, I simply noticed that the other yuna had also used send in the clowns) :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Interviewer: what are your plans now that the season has ended?
Alina (through translator): I will go back home and continue my training

:rofl:

Interviewer: what's your impression of the Taiwanese audience?
Alina (through translator): They have been warm and welcoming to me since I arrived.

Thank you largeman! Fortunate GS has so many gracious members providing English translations. FS is really a global sport.

Miller

Final Flight
Well done Alina, Fabulous Top 3 and well done Yi Christy Leung for getting 2 spots for Hong Kong!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Scary for all Russian skaters. The pressure on them only increases. It's ridiculous, I think we've already seen today what it does to some of them. But Russia will have the best competitors, not necessarily the best/most talented skaters. But that's how you win medals. Pogorilaya will have to start to think about backloading. And who cares wether Alina can still jump at 16? No one, she can win her Olympic medal before that.

Russian Nationals next year will be like the Japanese men nationals prior to Sochi. A bloodbath...