2016-17 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 56 | Golden Skate

2016-17 State of Russian Ice Dance

Marta25

Medalist
Elena Vaytsekhovskaya wrote on her blog today, that she talked with Kustarova and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are still together, but that they had to deal with injuries, which are being resolved. Ruslan`s knee isn`t a problem anymore, but there seem to be other injuries. Apparently, their funding was cut, therefore they will be staying in Moscow. Fortunately, the Russian Fed is still paying for their medical bills.

elysium

On the Ice
Elena Vaytsekhovskaya wrote on her blog today, that she talked with Kustarova and Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are still together, but that they had to deal with injuries, which are being resolved. Ruslan`s knee isn`t a problem anymore, but there seem to be other injuries. Apparently, their funding was cut, therefore they will be staying in Moscow. Fortunately, the Russian Fed is still paying for their medical bills.

Thanks for the update, it's a relieve to hear, for now.

evangeline

Record Breaker

I previously read that I/Z had at least one private sponsor. Do you know if that was the funding that was cut, or was it Russian Fed funding?

bramweld

Record Breaker

Knowing these two I had a hunch this was the issue. I hope against hope that they'll be able to represent themselves adequately this season regardless of the issues. I can just imagine how frustrating it must be for them though :(

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
More money to get b/S coached by dubreil!

There's no room for them in Montreal for next season. Not with V/M, P/C and H/D. It would be cool to see S/B or one of the younger teams there at some point. After next season is maybe more likely.

gmyers

Record Breaker
There's no room for them in Montreal for next season. Not with V/M, P/C and H/D. It would be cool to see S/B or one of the younger teams there at some point. After next season is maybe more likely.

It wouldn't have to be dubreil exactly. I just threw her name out there. But definitely a junior team.

I'd love to see one russian team coach by her, maybe the junior team of Shpilevaya/Smirnov

Me too! That would be so great.

A Russian team will never go to a non-Russian coach. Never.

That's awful. They really want to abolish their ice dance program. 95% of all ice dance teams train in North America and 70% are in Michigan!

Last edited:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
That's awful. They really want to abolish their ice dance program. 95% of all ice dance teams train in North America and 70% are in Michigan!

You know, it is maybe about style. Peter Tchernyshev did fix you for Shibsibs and this year's tango for StepBukin. Same choreorapher but very different style. StepBukin's Eleanor Rigsby FD or their last year's FD give them an Edge I thought. Look at I/Z indian FD... I thought it was not good at all, yet it was Igor's (with Najarro) in Michigan. SinKats last year's FD with Marina hid their flaws but was still a bit bland (yet you could recognize that they are good !).

What wouldn't I give to have StepBukin train with Marie-France though ? Along Papadakis/Cizeron, whom they beat all the 2012-2013 season in juniors ? Can't Papa Bukin made that happen ? They look contemporary more than tango or dramatic russian style (which suits B/S best).

Barb

Record Breaker
You know, it is maybe about style. Peter Tchernyshev did fix you for Shibsibs and this year's tango for StepBukin. Same choreorapher but very different style. StepBukin's Eleanor Rigsby FD or their last year's FD give them an Edge I thought. Look at I/Z indian FD... I thought it was not good at all, yet it was Igor's (with Najarro) in Michigan. SinKats last year's FD with Marina hid their flaws but was still a bit bland (yet you could recognize that they are good !).

What?!!! Najarro was involved in that aberration!!?? :shocked:

gmyers

Record Breaker

What wouldn't I give to have StepBukin train with Marie-France though ? Along Papadakis/Cizeron, whom they beat all the 2012-2013 season in juniors ? Can't Papa Bukin made that happen ? They look contemporary more than tango or dramatic russian style (which suits B/S best).

Any style must be "blessed" by coaching of proper North American coaches

Europe knows to train in North America is not only about style in the form of choreo but image and coaching

This is not 4CC! This is euros! No one can tell me if these teams can afford to train in North America under the coaching of proper coaches Russians can't

Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL ARM 2 Montreal Canada
Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN CZE 5 Toronto Canada
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 6 Montreal Canada
Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 8 Canton USA
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 9 Montreal Canada
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 10 Montreal Canada
Tatiana KOZMAVA / Alexei SHUMSKI GEO 11 Ann Arbor USA
Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS GER 12 Novi USA
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 13 Montreal Canada
Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND GBR 14 Novi USA
Adel TANKOVA / Ronald ZILBERBERG ISR 16 USA
Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 17 Novi USA
Taylor TRAN / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 22 Canton USA
Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 30 Detroit USA
Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR novi USA

uhh

Medalist
What?!!! Najarro was involved in that aberration!!?? :shocked:

No. They worked with Fabian, Igor and an Indian dance teacher on that program, and went to Madrid on the way back from Spring vacation in Moscow to see Antonio, but he didn't work on the choreo for the FD.

moriel

Record Breaker
Any style must be "blessed" by coaching of proper North American coaches

Please tell that to Eteri girls ;)

As for your examples, B/S and S/B beat most of them at ladt euros. Just saying. You tell us that they should leave their current coaches and go train somewhere else because the teams they beat train there?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Please tell that to Eteri girls ;)

As for your examples, B/S and S/B beat most of them at ladt euros. Just saying. You tell us that they should leave their current coaches and go train somewhere else because the teams they beat train there?

I exclude everything going on in ladies because that is really remarkable and isolated situations. Russian dance not in same state as Russian ladies.

B/S and S/b did beat most of these teams but these teams show how they are trying to follow the winners And what the winners are doing. why can't the Russians follow what the winners are doing in dance? All Russian ice dance teams are failing and won't do what the winners are! People talk about the judges trying to help Russian teams but they can't do all the job! The teams need to go to Detroit or Canada! Russian way is failing! It's a horrible disaster. First time since ice dance is in Olympics Russian teams have no medal from the last worlds.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I exclude everything going on in ladies because that is really remarkable and isolated situations. Russian dance not in same state as Russian ladies.

B/S and S/b did beat most of these teams but these teams show how they are trying to follow the winners And what the winners are doing. why can't the Russians follow what the winners are doing in dance? All Russian ice dance teams are failing and won't do what the winners are! People talk about the judges trying to help Russian teams but they can't do all the job! The teams need to go to Detroit or Canada! Russian way is failing! It's a horrible disaster. First time since ice dance is in Olympics Russian teams have no medal from the last worlds.

I dont see how being 5th is a "horrible disaster" or "can´t do the job". Sounds like a pretty solid result for me.
Also, it would suck if everybody trained with NA coaches, because then everybody would skate almost same things, which would be boring. There are already too few teams with personality.

Hmmm just a question... As you are so militant, why don´t you go to the US ladies and Japanese ladies threads and dont tell the fans there that US and Japanese ladies can´t do the job and its a horrible disaster and they should all train with Eteri? I´m just curious about what would happen ^^

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Don't feed the troll. Just saying. They think the state of Russian ID is going to improve just from all the whining here in the forum.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Stepanova & Bukin did quite well with their programs this season in comparison to last season, I think. They need to work on their ability to skate close. The tango highlighted that, but the program wasn't at fault. It's really something they need to work on. And the SD highlighted their strengths as an exuberant, quick team, with challenging elements, energy, and stretch to spare.