2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
As a massive fan of this song, I could be worried about what they want to do with it but oddly enough, I feel very confident. I like where they're going.

I'm actually "worried" for 3 teams :

Virtue/Moir (I hope no warhorses that they want to turn contemporary :/ or not another Sam Smith song !)
Weaver/Poje (I want them to have a say, not a 100% Morozov FD, exception okay if it's as good as I/K Swan Lake)
Bobrova/Soloviev (Their choreographer this year is different but I'm afraid it's different the weird way and not the good way...)

I feel confident about Shibutanis too, oddly for majority probably. Why? Because this FD will be fully 'theirs' as a continuation of direction taken 2 years ago, full of their individual, specific kind of expression and as usual - sharp, accurate and precise movement. All of course will be a subject f development:)

as worries You pointed towards those 3 teams...I think that with Virtue/Moir the key will be to have program smart and comfortable enough to 'kill' it every time, to feel confident in choreography for growing it more and giving it out in total; there will be something they connect personally - story or music - and honestly, I don't feel like they'll go for warhorse. I predict something lyrical with moderate drama factor in it.

With WeaPo, there will be a question until very reveal how much of 'typical Morozov' will be in their dances...He has some great works, don't get me wrong, but he's also prone to overcook stuff. For me, the perfect combo for them would be 2011/12 season, but upgraded: energetic, fun, fiery SD with lots of attitude and emotional, picturesque FD telling a story. I think that overall this first season after the change was very good and material was solid, promising and blossomed into beautiful pieces at Worlds/WTT while skated clean.

As for Ekaterina/Dmirti...well, I just hope there won't be overembelishing them with tons of 'concepts', Vivaldi or funeral costumes

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Joshua Farris

Short Program: “Give Me Love” by Ed Sheeran
Free Program: “Pines of Rome” by Ottorino Respighi
Choreographer: Jeffrey Buttle

Source

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joshua Farris

Source

Very cool. We'll finally see that Pines of Rome program. I wonder if Jeff is going to retool any choreo on "Give Me Love" or leave as is.

andromache

Record Breaker
Very cool. We'll finally see that Pines of Rome program. I wonder if Jeff is going to retool any choreo on "Give Me Love" or leave as is.

AHHHHHHHH YES IT'S OFFICIALLLLL

So thrilled for Pines of Rome!

I do hope Give Me Love gets some retooling. I love it to pieces, but I've watched it performed to perfection so many times already.....:love::love:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joshua Farris

Source

*Shrieks* Now I really hopes he gets the host pick for Skate America! I wanna see that "Give Me Love" SP in person! Seriously I think it's one of the most BEAUTIFUL men's SP ever.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so happy that The Pines of Rome will not be a "lost" program and that we'll finally get to see it! I can't wait!

humbaba

Final Flight
Hannah Miller

SP: Torn by Nathan Lanier; choreography by Daniil Barantsev

FP: selections from The Hunger Games; choreography by Tom Dickson

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
As a massive fan of this song, I could be worried about what they want to do with it but oddly enough, I feel very confident. I like where they're going.

I'm actually "worried" for 3 teams :

Virtue/Moir (I hope no warhorses that they want to turn contemporary :/ or not another Sam Smith song !)
Weaver/Poje (I want them to have a say, not a 100% Morozov FD, exception okay if it's as good as I/K Swan Lake)
Bobrova/Soloviev (Their choreographer this year is different but I'm afraid it's different the weird way and not the good way...)

I am not a fan of ''Paradise'' song but with some other song / instrumental added it should make beautiful program. I think it fits their energy.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
These are actually good, ORIGINAL, choices. Bonus points for them.

Good choices ... but again about love / falling in love :biggrin: 2nd season in a row at least one program with such an explicit theme of songs. Zach & Maddie were once in love / together in relationship :drama: I do wonder what their partners off the ice think about it ...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh dear Lord, it looks like Guignard and Fabri are back to stealing OTHER people's/team's music. Because that, you know, has worked so well for them in the past. [/eyeroll]

Really, why don't they rename themselves Carbon Copy and Xerox?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Smart/Diaz (ESP)
FD: Man's World/Natural Woman mix

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good choices ... but again about love / falling in love :biggrin: 2nd season in a row at least one program with such an explicit theme of songs. Zach & Maddie were once in love / together in relationship :drama: I do wonder what their partners off the ice think about it ...

They once dated and now each date half of Smart/Diaz. And have you seen what Zach sometimes posts about Madison on insta?
https://instagram.com/p/BCDJkQ2g5A8/
https://instagram.com/p/BCK0veAA5HV/
https://instagram.com/p/_RhIJHA5DZ/
https://instagram.com/p/-HXKmJA5Oy/

Not saying it means anything, he gushes abt. Olivia too lots, but it's cute. And according to the TSL interview they did last September, when Zach was already dating Olivia, Zach's mom wants them to get back together.

Anyways back on topic, I really like these choices for them.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I can't actually open the source but these are apparently Jun Hwan Cha's programs:
SP: What a Wonderful World
FS: The Planets (Gustav Holst)

Tweet
Source

Can someone confirm?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Kana Muramoto/Chris Reed
FD: Medley from Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Source (Kana's instagram)