2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP

Kara

Final Flight
Aww don't feel sad YY.:sad4: I've been scared of her 3F-3T for awhile, she's not really comfortable with it like she is with a 3Lz-3T combo.:dbana: On a side note, she's gotten so much better at makeup. Toning down the mascara really helped.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
At work so cannot comment much but wow. Tarakanova is without a doubt my favorite Junior girl. No doubt.

Pity about Young You but on the other hand, not falling apart after the mistake is great, and a valuable experience under her belt. She did great overall and there's FS to come.

I still don't like Yamashita. BR goes completely over hear head.

Kara

Final Flight
At work so cannot comment much but wow. Tarakanova is without a doubt my favorite Junior girl. No doubt.

Pity about Young You but on the other hand, not falling apart after the mistake is great, and a valuable experience under her belt. She did great overall and there's FS to come.

I still don't like Yamashita. BR goes completely over hear head.

Have to agree about Mako's BR. She has sort of the same smiley sort of performance for Madame Butterfly too which I don't agree with, but she's appropriately scored lower than Tarakanova on those 3 PCS aspects so I can't really complain.

Kara

Final Flight
One thing I've wondered for girls in ponytails, doesn't the ponytail make rotating harder?:scratch2: Maybe it'd be good for spins to keep the momentum going, but for jumps it seems like unnecessary weight throwing you off your axis.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I thought she did good overall. As Ted said, she didn't break up the performance after the mistake, which is HUGE for her, she kept on going, doing her best. I'm happy for her, I think it was a great start. :)
Also, can I just say, she grew up so much!!! :laugh:

She did very well but if she could just put double, that single broke my heart sob :( And I hoped for medal :cry:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elif's skating improved a lot but her cautious approach into jumps still continues, she was attempting 3Lz 2 years ago i think, wonder whats the issue

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Methinks Nastya and Mako's gap in SS and TR should be considerably larger....

Kara

Final Flight
She did very well but if she could just put double, that single broke my heart sob :( And I hoped for medal :cry:

Does singling the toe loop make it invalid? Or just gives it that big COMBO on the protocols.:scratch2:

Hmm... I don't know. I don't think hair weights that much though... :laugh:

When I used to have long hair I remember hating to put it up into a pony tail because it felt so heavy. Lots of skaters have pony tails like the Japanese skaters, but I don't think they have nearly as much or long hair as Tarakanova or YY do.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My Mum was on the computer, so I couldn't comment. But, I'll try to catch up now.

Two things surprised me about Elif. Firstly, I didn't realise that she was now 19! :jaw:

Secondly, her score. I would have had her higher than that. No wonder she looked disappointed.

Also liked Loke Xin Yi and thought she would have scored more.

CaroLiza_fan

breadstal

Record Breaker
Does singling the toe loop make it invalid? Or just gives it that big COMBO on the protocols.:scratch2:

Ugh, I'm also always confused by it :laugh: The 1T is invalid element but I think they call it as combo, just score 3F. They give you COMBO if both triples are solo.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, that was full of energy from Margret! :biggrin:

Penultimate position, but I'll be keeping an eye out for her in the future.

CaroLiza_fan

russianfan

Match Penalty
About Tarakanova, I just can't enjoy her performance at all. Her choreo is awful, imo and her jump combinations are a little muscled, although quick. But she is among the best juniors, so I'm not complaining. And I'm very curious to see how her career will unfold, it looks promising!
I'm always betting on her for 1st place, it will be no different with this event. :laugh:

For me, her SP is the best this season. I like it even more than any senior one so far. The last part with spins is just wow.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. Silvia is from New Jersey.

I liked her and Anastasia, so I am glad that they are so close together.

Right, time to restart the computer and switch over to the Senior Men.

But first, all the best to everybody coming up, but particularly to Andrea Montesinos, Elisabetta Leccardi :love: and, of course, Polina Ustinova :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

russianfan

Match Penalty
Also, as far as i heard, Tarakanova's SP is something about an escape from a nuthouse, so it supposed to be a little messy.