2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Just watched the videos. Nastya Tarakanova (not Tarankova!) impression wise was in the league of her own. Connection to the "plot", speed, edges, transitions, "Sotnikova's" spin which is arguably better than Adelina's. I think the gap between her and Mako/Sofya had to be bigger.

Mako's skating as I said before is the embodiment of what I don't like about many Japanese young skaters: totally generic. But she is quite consistent. And with such a small SP gap she can even win here if Nastya makes a mistake.

Sofya Samodurova tried to entertain. And it was entertaining especially the way she sang to the music. But the gap between her and top Eteri's girls is quite visible. And she does not have the assets some of other non-Eteri's girls like Konstantinova and Gubanova have. I think it will be a tough season for her with all the competition she is facing. She will still fight in the long and with a clean skate she can aim at 120+ trying to get the second place. This will bring up the question: she or Gulyakova for Italy?

Young You shows very good potential. I liked her better than Yelim Kim. Of course, she is still an uncut diamond - a lot to be done there. I watched her right after Tarakanova - the difference is very big in everything. Objectively, Eusoon Lim is the only real threat to the Russians and Japanese this junior season.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
What does Stasya have that Sofia doesn't? Please don't just say "maturity because she's older;" I've heard a lot of people say that and it really isn't true: age doesn't equal maturity. And besides skating isn't about maturity, it's about technique and artistry. Rant over :noshake:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Young You shows very good potential. I liked her better than Yelim Kim. Of course, she is still an uncut diamond - a lot to be done there. I watched her right after Tarakanova - the difference is very big in everything. Objectively, Eusoon Lim is the only real threat to the Russians and Japanese this junior season.

I also like Young You better than Yelim Kim, especially in the presentation. Her presentation has improved so much, and she just looks like a different person from a year ago. Yelim on the other hand, looks super child-like, and introvert. Is Young You training abroad since she has a foreign coach at kiss and cry?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
What does Stasya have that Sofia doesn't? Please don't just say "maturity because she's older;" I've heard a lot of people say that and it really isn't true: age doesn't equal maturity. And besides skating isn't about maturity, it's about technique and artistry. Rant over :noshake:

I would name it "presence". I saw Konstantinova and Samodurova live and it's quite visible. Konstantinova fills out the rink. What does it mean objectively, can't say. May be she is faster and more aggressive.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I also like Young You better than Yelim Kim, especially in the presentation. Her presentation has improved so much, and she just looks like a different person from a year ago. Yelim on the other hand, looks super child-like, and introvert. Is Young You training abroad since she has a foreign coach at kiss and cry?

yes, she is training at TCC and coached by Ghisland Briand (he and Brian looks like eachother :biggrin:)

Kara

Final Flight
yes, she is training at TCC and coached by Ghisland Briand (he and Brian looks like eachother :biggrin:)

And for barely over a month now too! I was really surprised by how much she had improved in such a short time from the qualification event in Korea. She's extending her arms and following through on the movements. She got decent PCS even with a major mistake like the pop and a V on a spin so I'm much more confident about her scoring potential once she starts to adjust to her newfound height. She isn't young anymore!:laugh: Thank heavens whoever fixed her makeup style too because it's so much better here than it was in nationals and at the qualification event.:drama: Doesn't matter if she doesn't medal, I stan!:hap10:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The hate against Sonya's jewish program on youtube is borderline racist.

If she's comfortable skating that music (and she is, looking at the performance), why not? i find this much more honest than other programs when skaters try to be someone else and failing on the attempt. (all the inaccurate choreographies for the arabic / indian - like programs)

russianfan

Match Penalty

If she's comfortable skating that music (and she is, looking at the performance), why not? i find this much more honest than other programs when skaters try to be someone else and failing on the attempt. (all the inaccurate choreographies for the arabic / indian - like programs)

just a shame, there are also some russians doing that...:disagree:

tjb

Match Penalty

well, i usually like hava nagila programs from mishin (all of his skaters are recycling plushenko's bolero and hava nagila at some point). but this one was horrible. i think mostly because of the music. this is one of the worse hava nagila remixes i ever heard

And for barely over a month now too! I was really surprised by how much she had improved in such a short time from the qualification event in Korea. She's extending her arms and following through on the movements.

yeah, it's just my thoughts. she's a totally different skater from what i saw just a month ago. very huge improvement on the PCS side. she's definitely looks competitive now