2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Ladies SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Akari Matsuoka of JPN - dark pink dress with black layers in the very fluttery skirt. Lots of thin silvery rhinestone borders and lots of black and silver rhinestoney waistline and neck

Hand down on one jump, fall elsewhere.

Beautiful layback!

Wow she's a baby. Wont be 14 until March 2018!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
mistakes on 2 jumps, such a shame, spins are gorgeous!! but fall affected her glorious layback :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Noemie Boedenstein of SUI, in a black jumpsuit with lots of silvery rhinestones forming a v-neck border and also all down the back. I feel like it works with the music and her height.

Sad about errors but some nice skating! Rippon 3Lz, good for her. And trying the 3F too.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Emma Jang of TPE with a reddish dress fading to a pastel pink in the skirt, and pinkish detailing on the top of the dress, plus obligatory sparkles.

I don't know if this costume screams My Immortal...

Very well centered final spin! She barely moved.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hana Cvijanovic, wearing a unicorn frappucino.

Sorry I got distracted with Nebelhorn, but shes a very nice performer.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Leona Rogic of SRB, wearing a white dress with brown straps around it (her music is from the movie 300, so it's sort of a Greekish inspired design)

I like the drama in this skate.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hyun Soo Lee of KOR wearing mostly black with a red ribbonish belt, some designs on the skirt, and lots of silver sparkle. Black and red wrist guard things. Dramatic sort of costume. Fits well with the drum music.

I keep wondering where everyone is and then realizing Nebelhorn.

Spread eagle into 2A was amazing.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, although I'll still be watching the guys in Oberstdorf, I'm going to watch a certain somebody from this final group during the resurfacing.

So, before she comes out onto the ice, I want to wish her all the best.

You all know who I mean, but I'm not mentioning names in case it jinxes her.

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't know about that. And I never would've guessed. :laugh:
But maybe now I can appreciate her SP more.
Thanks for the info!

I love at the end of Nas2ya's program how the music builds and she lets off that little angry jump like she's starting to realize that the straight jacket was on along and she was maybe having a crazy daydream. The program just kind of starts off like she is slipping out of the jacket and into a feeling of freedom but you can tell she is starting to feel restrained as the end drawers nearer until she slips back into her straight jacket

This is one of my favorite programs this season. So much blah and uninspiring choices from some of the leading seniors that I again find myself saying...thank god for the juniors.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ana Maria Ion of ROU is in a green-blue dress that keeps changing colors IMO depending on the light and angles (but seems mainly green? And now aqua again? UGH STUPID FABRIC.)

Pops a jump and you can see her grimace.

She did a cool squat move low to the ice. That's fun to see.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Polina Ustinova (CYP) AKA CaroLiza_Fan's fav, in light ballet pink bodice with flowy grey skirt and LOTS of sparkle on the top.

She's a very pretty girl. Jumps definitely need some work, but it's great to see her keep trying.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Teekhree Silpa-Archa of THA, in a seafoam green strapless (well, illusion fabric'd) dress with (shockingly, I know) sparkles all along the top.

She seems like she's enjoying this program. Makes it very fun to watch.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Eliza Pancheva of BUL in an...interesting dress. THe top looks like a stylized face drawing? And then the bottom is like a princessy pastel purple skirt?

Her costume is distracting.

Nice 2A, though

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Polina Ustinova (CYP) AKA CaroLiza_Fan's fav, in light ballet pink bodice with flowy grey skirt and LOTS of sparkle on the top.

She's a very pretty girl. Jumps definitely need some work, but it's great to see her keep trying.

Well, I wouldn't quite say favourite. But, I just admire what she is doing.

Ted mentioned that she sent in a video of her training conditions. Well, I can definitely vouch for saying that they are difficult. I was at the rink she trains at just three weeks ago, and it is tiny. You can't possibly do big jumps or anything at great speed on it.

She needs to spend more time on a full size rink. And then she'll improve.

The positive to take from today: at least she's not last.

And just to add - she is even prettier when she is not done up as a figure skater. :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Gemma Marshall (LUX) in a dark blue dress with silver fabric parts. It's very night-skyish and kind of cool.

It's really nice to see skaters from smaller feds.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Stefanie Pessendorger of AUT in a black dress with bright red underlayer for the skirt.

She's adorable.

I agree with Ted that she's a strong skater. Interesting to see her future.

Shandy

On the Ice
Gemma Marshall (LUX) in a dark blue dress with silver fabric parts. It's very night-skyish and kind of cool.

It's really nice to see skaters from smaller feds.

Gemma had a lot of "best friends" present in the chat. It was nice to see so much support for her!