2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance

icewhite

Record Breaker
Here's the final protocols:

Piper & Paul tied with Carriers & Ponomarenko for highest base value.

CarPom should be higher than eighth, IMO.

It did not help them or C&B that there is no US judge at this event. The tech panel was Italian, Canadian, and British. Only the referee was American.

It is very hard to see how you get a conspiracy out of that...

However, Madi & Evan just got a standing ovation in Canada, with Piper and Paul in contention. I don't think the crowd was paid to stand!

It was an electric performance.

But most crowds would also cheer the loudest for Taylor Swift and Margot Robbie if they were competing. That does not mean they would deserve the win on sportive terms.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Watched some of the rhythm dance here and there including the last group. For me Guignard/Fabbri should be in first. Well haha, I don’t know a thing about rules/judging in dance. Just enjoyed their performance.

Happy for Milla and Nikolaj(SWE) skating clean with a fun performance. Of course they couldn’t make the cut. New pair, first group, small federation + many other pairs performing better I’m sure. Still nice that they qualified for worlds and got the experience. Way to go!

rain

Record Breaker
My impression from the rink was that the Italians were ahead of Piper and Paul and Chock and Bates. CAN and USA teams to me were quite even. Lilah and Lewis were out of sync at times and their legs weren't matching angles. Not always nice to look at.
What upsets me is that the competition has already been decided, and was before they even skated. That's not fun to watch. Especially when it is my opinion that the free dances should decide the placements, since I thought all were quite even and nobody made any huge mistakes.

Andrina

Rinkside
The podium is not surprising. Just the copy-paste from last year. Even the absence of SB for Gilles-Poirier was copy-pasted.

But I fully agree with the lead by Chock-Bates. I will be very happy if they get a second world title.

A bit disappointed for Lilah and Lewis. But their time will come. My highlight is Marjorie and Zach. What a performance. Their are deservedly the second Canadian team now, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take the lead next year.

A big hug for Tashlers. Poor babies, they always give it all on the ice, but such things sometimes happen 🤷‍♂️ Well, it was also wobbly sometimes for Hubbell and Donohue but they eventually got their Olympic medal. I wish the same for this nice couple.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

It did not help them or C&B that there is no US judge at this event. The tech panel was Italian, Canadian, and British. Only the referee was American.

However, Madi & Evan just got a standing ovation in Canada, with Piper and Paul in contention. I don't think the crowd was paid to stand!

It was an electric performance.
The standing ovation was very small though compared to the ones LaLa and Piper and Paul received ;). To be more precise, it was on the first few rows at ice level, and it didn't reach the 200 level where many are sitting.

Last edited:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

It was an electric performance
Look at skatingscores protocol... Polish judge was absolutely wild compared with the others. Had CPom in 13th with 67 points...

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Bratti Sommerville got the ! for the Choreo Sequence, but it didn't change much since they were already on the negatice goe scale because of that fall.
Suprisingly they were the only team to get a deduction today and they got two on the same element.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bratti Sommerville got the ! for the Choreo Sequence, but it didn't change much since they were already on the negatice goe scale because of that fall.
Suprisingly they were the only team to get a deduction today and they got two on the same element.

They surprised me, in a very good way, at US Nationals. I am really disappointed that they didn't duplicate that here.

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Another look at the scores (top to bottom ranking of the ice dance with their theoretical score from each separate judge) provided by skatingscores.com
https://skatingscores.com/2324/wc/sr/dance/i/short/tss/
the spread in scores for Davis/Smolkin is an 11 points difference from Hungarian judge to Kiwi judge
but the most spread was the spanish team with 13 points from polish to spanish judge, and the japanese team with 14 points from polish to Kiwi judge

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW - Piper and Paul actually had the higher Base Value but got dinged in GOE. That does not make sense to me. One judge gave them all 3s on all the elements. Have to go see where that Judge is from but have a feeling I know!
This doesn't sit well with me. Often, they've been dinged for lower levels... The message was clear : get your levels !!! Now, they got them and it is still not enough.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States