2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
This doesn't sit well with me. Often, they've been dinged for lower levels... The message was clear : get your levels !!! Now, they got them and it is still not enough.
They looked a bit slower than usual, but the choreo was better developed so I'll forgive them for that. Personally, based on the skates of the day I'd have them/GF in 1st/2nd in either order (Marco wasn't as precise today with his Twizzle free legs making them look a bit wild, even in the stsq, so I give Piper and Paul first).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They looked a bit slower than usual, but the choreo was better developed so I'll forgive them for that. Personally, based on the skates of the day I'd have them/GF in 1st/2nd in either order (Marco wasn't as precise today with his Twizzle free legs making them look a bit wild, even in the stsq, so I give Piper and Paul first).
Thanks. So I am not crazy

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She had them 3rd with 86.42

So, the exact placement and only .09 lower than the consensus score.

The Italians and Zach/Majorie are the only teams in the Top 10 where this judge scored higher than the consensus score. This judge scored the Evan/Maddie nearly two points lower than the consensus and placed them second.

So, on to the next conspiracy.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
So, the exact placement and only .09 lower than the consensus score.

The Italians and Zach/Majorie are the only teams in the Top 10 where this judge scored higher than the consensus score. This judge scored the Evan/Maddie nearly two points lower than the consensus and placed them second.

So, on to the next conspiracy.
Look not only at the score, but also the rankings. She was totally different to all the other judges, sometimes by 6 or 7 places. Although I don't see any pattern, it just is a bit unusual.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look not only at the score, but also the rankings. She was totally different to all the other judges, sometimes by 6 or 7 places. Although I don't see any pattern, it just is a bit unusual.
My point is that nearly every judge ranked C/B first and G/P third. The judge in question ranked C/B second and G/P third... closer in ranking, and generally in score, than any other judge on the panel.

I haven't looked further down the rankings like you have, but in terms of the top teams, the judge who is supposedly biased against Piper and Paul ranked the two teams in question closer than anyone else.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
My point is that nearly every judge ranked C/B first and G/P third. The judge in question ranked C/B second and G/P third... closer in ranking, and generally in score, than any other judge on the panel.

I haven't looked further down the rankings like you have, but in terms of the top teams, the judge who is supposedly biased against Piper and Paul ranked the two teams in question closer than anyone else.
I never bought her up in relation to piper and Paul. I bought her up in relation to CPOM (who she put in 13th with 67points...). As a judge she was a bit all over the place.

Its also funny seeing protocols next to New Zealand judge towards the bottom doing the opposite (NZL having Bekker hernandez in 24th next to polish judge having in 15th, then Polish judge having Tim&Misato in 25th and NZl in 14th.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Nobody said she is biased against Piper and Paul. Someone talked about the Slovakian. Halina is polish. I am interested on here because her rankings are all over the place and she was a big shot at the ISU. If anything, she usually likes Piper and Paul but dislikes fbs, and this time around she was interesting with CPOM

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
The Italians have long been my favorites ( their basic skating is the best and they make difficult steps, lifts look easy) so I would have had them first but watching all three back to back I have to say Chock/ Bates really did win the program choice game in the RD. I like all three top teams FD but to me both the Italians and Piper/ Paul did not make the best choices in their RD material. This allows Chock/ Bates to get a big lead in the RD. I imagine the FD will have much more competitive scores since I think all three programs are well chosen but C/ B likely won it with their RD due to program choice.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The Italians have long been my favorites ( their basic skating is the best and they make difficult steps, lifts look easy) so I would have had them first but watching all three back to back I have to say Chock/ Bates really did win the program choice game in the RD. I like all three top teams FD but to me both the Italians and Piper/ Paul did not make the best choices in their RD material. This allows Chock/ Bates to get a big lead in the RD. I imagine the FD will have much more competitive scores since I think all three programs are well chosen but C/ B likely won it with their RD due to program choice.
See, I don't like the Italian team as much and from the rink, they looked better than CB. ;)

rain

Record Breaker
See, I'm opposite. I HATE Chock/Bates's rhythm dance ā€” as in can barely stand to watch it. Piper and Paul are my tops in terms of music choice this time around and while I find Marco/Charlene's costumes garish beyond belief, they are a certain flavour of 80s.

rain

Record Breaker
I really feel for Piper and Paul and Marco/Charlene, having to get themselves up for the free dance knowing they have no chance to win. It must be so deflating, having to find motivation in this kind of circumstance. At least if you're out of contention because you screwed up you can go for a redemption skate and get motivation that way. In this I guess I'd go to win over the crowd and give the best performance of the night and get the audience to give me the longest standing O known to humankind.

Though, I have to say with all the doom and gloom, I'm thrilled for Marjorie and Zack.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piper and Paul and Charlene and Marco really have to go out and give it their all in the FD and not make a single mistake. They must not skate as if itā€™s all over and thereā€™s no hope. Itā€™s not out of the realm of possibility for Madi and Evan to make a major mistake - think 2018 Olympics FD, 2021 Worlds FD, 2022 Olympics RD, 2022 Skate America FD, etc.

readernick

Medalist
See, I don't like the Italian team as much and from the rink, they looked better than CB. ;)
Because they are the best skaters so they are the most impressive live. As I said, I would have them first but I still stand by my opinion that it's the material letting G/ F and P/ P down. G/ F did embody the 80s but there are just too many cuts in their music and IMHO P/ P's RD just doesn't build well. There's a reason C/ B got for the best reception from the crowd.

Anyway, I think they all have good material in the freedance. Maybe, G/ F will win the free.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Because they are the best skaters so they are the most impressive live. As I said, I would have them first but I still stand by my opinion that it's the material letting G/ F and P/ P down. G/ F did embody the 80s but there are just too many cuts in their music and IMHO P/ P's RD just doesn't build well. There's a reason C/ B got for the best reception from the crowd.

Anyway, I think they all have good material in the freedance. Maybe, G/ F will win the free.
That's not quite the reason. If you think chock and Bates have the best material, you like posing. I prefer flow and intricate holds and steps

The best reception from the crowd was for Lala and Piper and Paul. CB had a small standing ovation, mostly at ice level. Pretty much nothing at the 200 level.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know it's unpopular, I know the ice dance cognoscenti will disagree with me, but I. Don't. Care.

I like Lilah and Lewis AND Evan and Madi better than the Italians. Piper and Paul I can appreciate, but I am one of the few fans not totally in love with them.

I'm fine with Evan and Madi leading.
Oh good! I am not alone... I like them all but C/B and F/G just that bit more. Though I am more than aware that no one gets points for "I like them!" these two just make me happier.