2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs SP

Scovies

Final Flight
D/R's score doesn't bother me, after looking at the protocol. They had higher BV on spins, death spiral, etc. Only non-level-4 element was the twist, and that was level 3. Levels for the Russians are a little more all over the place.

My only concern is why did S/K SBS 3Ts get no negative GOE with Ksenia's mistake?

Their GOEs seemed really generous in comparison to some of the others, IMO.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Maybe Megan has a toe injury. As to his indifference, hasn't it always been this way? Half the time it looks like he's skating by himself for himself....

Last edited:

sses1

On the Ice
I think S/B had my favourite skate (they're uber endearing) but I also really loved K/S and S/K (RUS) as well. D/R should have been fourth. In addition to the obvious mistakes, their step sequences were very sloppy, I also really hate that version of Your Song.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
Peng & Zhang : Unsurprising fall from her.

Scimeca & Knierim : As always, fantastic 3 twist, and great pairs spin. The throw 3 lutz was good. Apart from that, I still don't like them.

Yu & Jin : Not a very inspired performance. What a shame, because I like this program.

Seguin & Bilodeau : I'm not a fan of this team but tonight they were fantastic and IMO deserved to place even higher. Great job.

Duhamel & Radford : Tentative performance all the way through. Really unpolished for world champions.

Kavaguti & Smirnov : Not great but good enough. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more it I turned off the sound. (I really can't stand that song for a SP!!). Kavaguti looked so pissed in the k&c hahaha.

Stolbova & Klimov : Not their best performance either. Overmarked on the PCS. Still love these 2 though :)

Overall, I think the judges got it right for most of the teams. I agree with the placement, except for the Canadians (would have put Seguin & Bilodeau ahead of Duhamel & Radford). I'm glad there wasn't too much inflation.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Brit ESP is really going overboard with Yuzuru majestic FS today...I see it 3rd time since 5 pm (not that I'm complaining but pls switch to Ballade)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait....D/R placed ahead of S/B. It seems like the computer program they use to score should have caught such an error and corrected it. :laugh:

MIM

Medalist
A real highlight as many of you are pointing are Julianne and Charlie - perfect, bubbly program they sell well, amazing technique, super consistent, extra engaged in performance, her cat landings and his adorable charm and smile, they have it all!!!

Yuko and Alexander were hands down the best - the charisma, chemistry, engagement, selling the program, supportive attitude and strong tech side, already starting praying circle for clear Manfred tomorrow (I know I'm crazy):ghug:

Brit guys are jinxing Yuzuru sooo badly :hopelessness:

Yeap!! S/b has my favorite sp of the season! So adorable!!!
Yuko and Sasha well received by the crowd. I love their SP, it's a cliche, but they look like a perfect couple. They have my favorite lift where she crosses her ankles, so dreamy. It is perfect with the lyrics :)
No jinx! Go! Xxxx!

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 74.84 1 video
2 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 73.64 2 video
3 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 72.74 3 video
4 Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN 71.16 4 video
5 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 68.63 5 video
6 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 68.14 6 video
7 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 65.60 7 video

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Very good skates for S/K and K/S! D/R...hot, hot mess. More like 68 or 69. S/B okay. Too bad for Alexa and Chris.

LeafStrings

Spectator
When will the overscoring PCS of S/K will end? They earn more at that 3T than others who complete it perfectly even if S made a mistake......
I do not know who is ruining this sport...

TryMeLater

On the Ice
TAT - they're indifferent to each other
Grishin - I know whats upv:biggrin:

Actually, Grishin said: I think I know the reason
After the fall on the Lutz
TAT - You saw it for yourself, I'm not saying anything.
After the end of the program
TAT -what reason?
Grishin - It is not very popular, more accurately it's popular in Men's figure skating which is not always manly.
Eric Radford cannot treat women like Fedor Klimov or Sasha Smirnov or Maxim Trankov. It doesn't matter how (good) Megan is...anyway...
TAT - An artist
Grishin - A not good enough of an artist

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I think the result is fine. Stolbova Klimov have very smooth programs and entries into their elements, it has to be rewarded even if the "charm" might be not as high as with the Julianne and Charlie or Yuko and Sasha. Their programs are so typical for Nina, she is very skilled and it shines again. There is quite a lot to analyze, how elements were placed and combined, ..., a very nice competition if you ask me. You can find the differences between the pairs well, at least from my point of view.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
When will the overscoring PCS of S/K will end? They earn more at that 3T than others who complete it perfectly even if S made a mistake......
I do not know who is ruining this sport...

What does the PCS have anything to do with the 3T, especially in this case? If you want to cry overscoring PCS turn to Duhamel/Radford. Their PCS made up for all their mishaps and then some...

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Actually, Grishin said: I think I know the reason
After the fall on the Lutz
TAT - You saw it for yourself, I'm not saying anything.
After the end of the program
TAT -what reason?
Grishin - It is not very popular, more accurately it's popular in Men's figure skating which is not always manly.
Eric Radford cannot treat women like Fedor Klimov or Sasha Smirnov or Maxim Trankov. It doesn't matter how (good) Megan is...anyway...
TAT - An artist
Grishin - A not good enough of an artist

Are they alluding to the fact that Eric is gay?